How OK are we with remakes?

Map re-creations:   

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sense the DICE conference it's been noted that there's a total possibility that trayarch will re-make maps according to an altered storyline, possibly where richtofen doesn't exist.

If that is the case, then how OK are we with re-visiting maps? 

It was one thing to do it in moon and still give us a new map, but just re-hashing old maps with the same general make-up and new weapons? Sounds a bit cheep to me... 

One possibility is that there will be a separate game or group of micro-DLC so these richtofen-less versions of the map can manifest themselves into the next-gen console's graphics and such. Call it "classic zombies". 

Another question is HOW many of the maps would be re-done. 

It'd make sense to re-create Nact and Der Reise (The two we're most suspicious of), and maybe Verruct and ahi-no-numa. Perhaps even Kino. The REAL question lies with: What about five, Ascension, COTD, Shangri-la,Moon, and every map after that? What's the cut-off of re-visited maps? To re-visit Origins right now seems a bit soon, even with the 3 year cycle.... 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I voted for the new content option but of course I want new maps to go with it as you wouldn't want the same old maps on their own, even if they were updated. I voted for up to Origins, simply because 3arch are always criticized about things like Tranzit or things like George. Now they have the perfect chance to rectify their mistakes in such a way that we get new content. Treyarch have managed to create a second chance for themselves to improve old works. I hope they truly do things right and give us a classic and new experience with the next game.

I'm ok with a DLC similar to Rezurrection.

But if we get the 3rd iteration of Nacht/DR etc on another engine as 'THE' new content for zombies, then I will be returning the game.

All the fun for me comes when a map first comes out, and we have to work out the best strategies for it.

They are already done for all those maps.

About the only original map which new strategies could be written for is Verruckt, and that would only be if a new wonder weapon was added and they added PAP too.

If this is seriously a consideration, why do they not just take on the whole stand-alone Zombies collection idea by now?

In all fairness, they might have done as an add on to their next game. Like they still have new maps but they will keep adding in old maps that they have remastered.

If they remake they can make the maps more enjoyable, also it gives people the option to get it on next gen consoles which is very nice.

I completely agree with your stance on the remakes. If they take the easy way out and do little but port the maps to next gen, or charge us too much for them, I'd be disappointed. (especially if that's all we had until DLC) But if Treyarch can remake all these maps, opening new locations and fixing issues like George, then I'm completely on board. For all we know, all the old maps as well as new ones can be on disc from day one... but that sounds too good to be true. Another option is a "second disc of content" with all the classic maps, in the prestige edition... Regardless, bringing these maps to PS4 and Xbox One can help gain new fans for the series, and in turn make Treyarch and Activision even more money. 

That said, as much as I'd love to see the classics on a new engine, new content (and lots of it) HAS to be the top priority. In my opinion, Classic Zombies is the way to go. 

Edited by gfn21

I would love to see the complete Zombies collection on next gen. Though it is probably too big of a job & wishful thinking.

But at the same time I have this feeling that it may be a Zombies only release? Wishful thinking too.

If this does happen, it has to be completely seperate to new content. As Chopper said, nearly every map has its best strategy already fleshed out. It wouldn't be enticing for people thathave paid for these maps twice already.

If this does happen, it has to be completely seperate to new content. As Chopper said, nearly every map has its best strategy already fleshed out. It wouldn't be enticing for people thathave paid for these maps twice already.

Perhaps. But I'd be willing to do it one more time to have every single map in one location rather than just this whole "remake" possibility. Guitar Hero and Rock Band did something similar as new titles came out. For like 5ish bucks (Even less than that I think) you could basically get a transfer so that all the songs from the previous title was imported on the latest version of the game. Practically doubling your total setlist of available songs. Activision could do the samething easily. Like how Red Dead Redemption also had the optional solo Undead Nightmare expansion available in stores as I've mentioned before.

Enough people always state they buy the games JUST for Zombies. It would be nice if they started catering a bit towards that.

I completely agree. It may indeed be wishful thinking, but they have had extra time. A pre-order bonus or cheap add-on... either way, if it doesn't affect the new maps, then it would be amazing to have everything in one place. The fact that we got Zombies information this early in the year makes me hope that the next game will be a lot more zombies-focused.

Yes to the remakes. But please have actual maps that are new. At least 5 brand new maps. No Filler!

I know I'm buying the care package version of the game now that I have a job

No matter how much content they add to an old map, I wouldnt want it unless it had new content thats a given.

I don't mind revisiting a map, in a broader scale. Seeing Der Riese, in the distance, AND being able to visit it, perhaps in a run down state similar to Tranzits Nacht, where doors are open, windows aren't boardable, but there is power and perhaps a small easter egg or two....that would be a great way to satisfy both sides of this argument.

Edited by Tattoo247

maybe even add big Easter eggs to the maps.

This right here.

They have worked the original maps into the storyline by looking back at them, but bringing back the maps would give them opportunity to reaaly flesh it out. Add some depth to whats already canon.

That being said I would prefer new to remastered if done right (by which I mean not BLOPS2). I like how BLOPS did it, a zombie dedicated DLC with 1 new map and the classics. This would be the best case senario I think.

A good compromise would be to have a new map per DLC as is the norm, and then for the last one just give us the remakes.

I didn't even entertain playing zombies until the back end of BLOPS, and feel like I missed loads. Sure I've since gone back and played through, but thats not the same. Everything is known to you, EE's; storyline; even down to the littlest of quotes.

Expanding on the EE's with new storylines and additional intel on whats already known would really revitalise the zombies, and give those of us who missed out last time to really emmerse themselves into the game. It would give new life to the undead.

I dont' think it would be necessary to re-release any BO2 maps as of yet... So i'd stop with Moon.  I would only be for it however, if it in no way prevented new maps from being released, or if it is just an exact piece-for-piece remake.  There would need to be at very least some new guns/perks/areas

That being said, I would certainly be willing to pay extra for classic map packs, as long as the previous criteria were met

Keep in mind that the previous maps are considered "classic" for a reason.  If we change them too much it could quite possibly be for the worse

The reason I voted for up to Origins though is this. 3 year cycle, meaning we get the classic maps first, then BO and finally BO2 as then it wouldnt technically be too soon as they could give them to us in say summer 2016 which is a long enough time for me to have them again as I did enjoy BO2 aside from like Tranzit and Buried for a time.