They Are, They Exist: Zombies Knowledge

Tac

• Administrators

Sounding good so far. I just want to emphasize, however, that the hand on the power switch is not confirmed to be Peter's, contrary to popular opinion. The evidence points to someone else. 

Of course, the terminal talks about it a good deal. 

Dempsey is the captured spy, confirmed by the CotD radios in conjunction with the terminal and Pernell's "Handler's Notes" in which Dempsey is named as commander, which may not seem to add up until we note that the marines were a recconasaince unit, aka, scouts, which are basically uniformed spies. Richtofen states that he is being brought to replace the Mexican, and when he arrives, you can clearly hear Dempsey, and he is eventually seen again at SNN. 

We might note that Peter's handler, Cornelius Pernell was seemingly well informed, if not involved with Group 935 at Verruckt, and was responsible for the dispatching of the unit to Verruckt. 

Also, contrary to popular opinion, Pernell, Yena, McKay, Dempsey and the others were OSS spies, not MKUltra spies, as MKUltra was not established until '53. 

I have my own hesitations about assigning the hand to Peter, solely because the timeline of events during the Verruckt outbreak is too up-in-the-air to be certain of anything.  What evidence points to it being someone else, however?  As for the spies, I wasn't aware that it was popular opinion to think they were MKUltra spies.  The radio very distinctly mentions the OSS haha!

Only posting this because I am taking this video down, due to it being wrong about a couple things, and poorly edited, and my phone is about to die, so I can't go into detail yet, here I discussed it in detail. I'll be taking the vid down this evening. 

I may be wrong about MKUltra. maybe I bumped into too many people who said that, because yeah, the radio is pretty exact about that. Hence me taking this video down.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8VAC8Dgq18

• Administrators

Alright, I just caught up on the thread. So where are we at right now? Verruct still or SNN? I feel like this may take a while but it should be a fun time killer leading up to BO3.

We're on Verruckt. What do we know to be absolutely true about Verruckt-could be anything. 

• Administrators

THE BELOW IS A BREAKDOWN OF WHY THE HANGING BODY AT SSN IS NOT PROVEN TO BE PETER MCKAY, AND WHY THE HAND IS NOT PROVEN HIS.

@Tac I need to create a dedicated thread for this, but here was the outline I sent to my "review board" pals (Nightmare and Monkeys being two)

After hours of study and wracking my brains today (stacked on years of study by myself and others)

Investigation: The Identity of the Hanging Man of Shi No Numa
Goal: Rattle What is Considered to be "Fact" (It is Peter)
Theory to be Debunked: The body hanging at Shi No Numa is Dr. Peter McKay*

MAIN POINT 1: Black Ops Terminal: Swamp.txt
"The following is a transcript of a recording that originated at the Group 935 outpost dubbed "The Swamp." The voice heard in the recording belongs to the handler(1) of the operative "PETER" who went missing at an unknown time prior to the sending of this message. The operative is presumed dead and the location of Shi No Numa has yet to be resolved."

MAJOR EV.2: Recording Originating at SNN
AUTOMATED: R-408n 37 14 06 115 48 40 
C. PERNELL: I hope that you are receiving this transmission, Peter; if you are not, then all is already lost. You must know by now that we(2) failed to contain the asylum, that we(2) had to move the experiment here.(2) Location. The numbers will guide you. The giant must remain...at all costs. Repeat: Der Riese must be contained at all costs. The DG-2 experiments continue(2). You may be our only advantage now. Find Doctor Richtofen and Doctor Maxis(2). They may know what’s going on. The use of Element 115 is dangerous at best. I’m not sure if we can continue here(3). We’ve lost most of our best...team. I hope you get this. I hope it hasn’t happened there too. But I’m almost all out of hope. 
AUTOMATED: 60 54 06.96 101 55 44.94

So clearly, C. Pernell was with group 935 as well. 

So, in order of events as they occurred:

P.McKay is transferred from Der Riese to Verruckt, final transmission to C.Pernell (source: terminal)
August, or sometime before 10 September 1945 - Verruckt overrun, 935 personnel evacuate, experiments relocated (Source: CotD, SNN)
September 10, 1945 - Marines arrive at Verruckt, there is already a severed hand on the power switch and the dentists' chair. (Source: Just the Beginning Trailer, Verruckt WAW)
Dempsey captured, the others killed by the horde (Source: CotD, Verruckt WAW)
Richtofen becomes suspicious of P.McKay (source: CotD)
OSS intercepts transmission from secret 935 facility "The Swamp"  (source: terminal)
Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo arrive at SNN, find the hanging body.
So two things of note:
P.McKay was transferred to Verruckt
C.Pernell implies that he (Pernell) may have been at Verruckt when it was overrun, "we failed to contain...we had to move the experiment here." If he was, he would have been there after McKay, as, following McKay's transfer, Pernell heard nothing more from him, increasing the likelihood that the severed hand may actually be his (Pernell's)
He finishes, expressing dying hope.
A body is found missing a hand at Shi No Numa.

*Spelling based on Richtofen's log from CotD. Are there any KNOWN instances of his name being spelled one way or another in official material?

1. Cornelius Pernell

2. Group 935. Pernell knows Maxis and Richtofen, the DG-2 and the status of the tests

3. "Here" may be SNN or may be the location given in coordinates (Siberia) (Source: CotD, all the empty shipping containers with restraints). The thing I cannot get over, however, is how the terminal directly states that the radios at SNN originated at SNN, and that they are the voice of C.Pernell, meaning C.Pernell would have been at SNN.

• Administrators

Back to Verruckt-I was reading back in some early early posts from the Rezurrection that there were two radios in Verruckt, but they may not have any audio. Still, something that we may want to point out. One was around Double Tap somewheres.

The numbers recited by the automated voice in the power room are a nod to the TV show 'Lost.'

Perks made their first appearance here, and this may be where the first four were concocted. 

Can one of y'all confirm whether the chair in the USAF room from the Kino teleport sequence is indeed the same?

I wanna say after much analyzation there was some differences between the chairs. It's been a long time since I've read or looked into the chair debate so my memory may be fuzzy on that. And even though their may be some important details, I think both Nacht and Verruckt were early enough that Treyarch didn't have much story in mind with making those and thus any story elements from those 2 maps would be connections made in later maps. Not saying they aren't important, just that all the juicy stuff will be in SNN and beyond.

• Administrators

THE BELOW IS A BREAKDOWN OF WHY THE HANGING BODY AT SSN IS NOT PROVEN TO BE PETER MCKAY, AND WHY THE HAND IS NOT PROVEN HIS.

@Tac I need to create a dedicated thread for this, but here was the outline I sent to my "review board" pals (Nightmare and Monkeys being two)

After hours of study and wracking my brains today (stacked on years of study by myself and others)

Investigation: The Identity of the Hanging Man of Shi No Numa
Goal: Rattle What is Considered to be "Fact" (It is Peter)
Theory to be Debunked: The body hanging at Shi No Numa is Dr. Peter McKay*

MAIN POINT 1: Black Ops Terminal: Swamp.txt
"The following is a transcript of a recording that originated at the Group 935 outpost dubbed "The Swamp." The voice heard in the recording belongs to the handler(1) of the operative "PETER" who went missing at an unknown time prior to the sending of this message. The operative is presumed dead and the location of Shi No Numa has yet to be resolved."

MAJOR EV.2: Recording Originating at SNN
AUTOMATED: R-408n 37 14 06 115 48 40 
C. PERNELL: I hope that you are receiving this transmission, Peter; if you are not, then all is already lost. You must know by now that we(2) failed to contain the asylum, that we(2) had to move the experiment here.(2) Location. The numbers will guide you. The giant must remain...at all costs. Repeat: Der Riese must be contained at all costs. The DG-2 experiments continue(2). You may be our only advantage now. Find Doctor Richtofen and Doctor Maxis(2). They may know what’s going on. The use of Element 115 is dangerous at best. I’m not sure if we can continue here(3). We’ve lost most of our best...team. I hope you get this. I hope it hasn’t happened there too. But I’m almost all out of hope. 
AUTOMATED: 60 54 06.96 101 55 44.94

So clearly, C. Pernell was with group 935 as well. 

So, in order of events as they occurred:

P.McKay is transferred from Der Riese to Verruckt, final transmission to C.Pernell (source: terminal)
August, or sometime before 10 September 1945 - Verruckt overrun, 935 personnel evacuate, experiments relocated (Source: CotD, SNN)
September 10, 1945 - Marines arrive at Verruckt, there is already a severed hand on the power switch and the dentists' chair. (Source: Just the Beginning Trailer, Verruckt WAW)
Dempsey captured, the others killed by the horde (Source: CotD, Verruckt WAW)
Richtofen becomes suspicious of P.McKay (source: CotD)
OSS intercepts transmission from secret 935 facility "The Swamp"  (source: terminal)
Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo arrive at SNN, find the hanging body.
So two things of note:
P.McKay was transferred to Verruckt
C.Pernell implies that he (Pernell) may have been at Verruckt when it was overrun, "we failed to contain...we had to move the experiment here." If he was, he would have been there after McKay, as, following McKay's transfer, Pernell heard nothing more from him, increasing the likelihood that the severed hand may actually be his (Pernell's)
He finishes, expressing dying hope.
A body is found missing a hand at Shi No Numa.

*Spelling based on Richtofen's log from CotD. Are there any KNOWN instances of his name being spelled one way or another in official material?

1. Cornelius Pernell

2. Group 935. Pernell knows Maxis and Richtofen, the DG-2 and the status of the tests

3. "Here" may be SNN or may be the location given in coordinates (Siberia) (Source: CotD, all the empty shipping containers with restraints). The thing I cannot get over, however, is how the terminal directly states that the radios at SNN originated at SNN, and that they are the voice of C.Pernell, meaning C.Pernell would have been at SNN.

So first, I don't believe Pernell was with Group 935 as well.  Based on his notes, he makes it sound as if he's sitting elsewhere simply receiving transmissions from Peter, not actually overseeing him at any location.

Second, we don't know when the outbreak occurs at Verruckt but I'm putting my money between September 10th and September 20th, not before the 10th.  The fact that Dempsey was caught at Verruckt on September 10th gives me the impression that the site was still active and guarded.  I don't think he would've been caught had the site been overrun before that.

Third, there is no known writing of Peter's name.  The debate over McKay and McCain is based 100% on the audio.

Finally, "here" is either Tunguska or Area 51, not Shi No Numa.  Based on the fact that Pernell works with the United States government and that I don't think he was present at Verruckt leads me to believe the answer is Area 51.

Back to Verruckt-I was reading back in some early early posts from the Rezurrection that there were two radios in Verruckt, but they may not have any audio. Still, something that we may want to point out. One was around Double Tap somewheres.

The numbers recited by the automated voice in the power room are a nod to the TV show 'Lost.'

Perks made their first appearance here, and this may be where the first four were concocted. 

Can one of y'all confirm whether the chair in the USAF room from the Kino teleport sequence is indeed the same?

The numbers that mimic Lost are very intriguing to me.  I watched the entire series and the parallel is just incredible.  I would like to make a thread at some point going over it.

• Administrators

@Tac I am unafraid of being proved wrong. :-) I'll start a new thread, where, if you have time, I may have some more questions for you. 

I want to note, however-great point about the date. I think we can include that in the dossier for Verruckt-that Group 935 captured Dempsey and abandoned Verruckt after 9/10/45, leaving set like a trap for the remaining members of the unit. 

However, with that being said, are you convinced that the hand is Peter's? 

Speaking of which, someone had mentioned that there is a second hand in the dentists' chair, but it is a right hand, so therefore, inconsequential. We might make note of that as well.

@Kill_All_Monkeys I concur. I guess the question is, then, was anything from Verruckt integrated into later maps  in regards to Verruckt the way they did with CotD? That sort of retrospective inclusion/reference? 

I won't really have the time to go in depth here, but I'll add what I can.

The numbers that mimic Lost are very intriguing to me.  I watched the entire series and the parallel is just incredible.  I would like to make a thread at some point going over it. 

The numbers in the power room in Verruckt definitely relate to the numbers from Lost. Brian Tuey even said so on a comment replying to @Telixion on his Blog when Verruckt first came out.

Brian Tuey said...
lol. Nicely done. Its just a little omage to Lost since those machines reminded me of the Dharma Initiative :)

MARCH 26, 2009 AT 3:01 PM

Read the comments - http://briantuey.blogspot.com.au/2009/03/verruckt-music-easter-egg-found.html

What I find really interesting is that the voice & the way the numbers are read out are nearly identical to the numbers Mason hears in Black Ops. Maybe the Verruckt numbers inspired the Black Ops numbers.

I won't really have the time to go in depth here, but I'll add what I can.

The numbers in the power room in Verruckt definitely relate to the numbers from Lost. Brian Tuey even said so on a comment replying to @Telixion on his Blog when Verruckt first came out.

Brian Tuey said...
lol. Nicely done. Its just a little omage to Lost since those machines reminded me of the Dharma Initiative :)

MARCH 26, 2009 AT 3:01 PM

Read the comments - http://briantuey.blogspot.com.au/2009/03/verruckt-music-easter-egg-found.html

What I find really interesting is that the voice & the way the numbers are read out are nearly identical to the numbers Mason hears in Black Ops. Maybe the Verruckt numbers inspired the Black Ops numbers.

The numbers aren't exactly accurate though. I am pretty sure there are some different.

@Nightmare Voyager

Mate, you don't need to quote a long post when you post directly after it. It just makes for more scrolling. Especially if you are only replying with 1 line.

And how can you say the numbers are different? I posted a video showing exactly how it sounds along with a quote & link from Brian Tuey, the Man that put that audio easter egg in the map.

@Nightmare Voyager

Mate, you don't need to quote a long post when you post directly after it. It just makes for more scrolling. Especially if you are only replying with 1 line.

And how can you say the numbers are different? I posted a video showing exactly how it sounds along with a quote & link from Brian Tuey, the Man that put that audio easter egg in the map.

I didn't watch the video but I just thought it was different. Also I posted the quote because I am replying to you, its early in the morning I don't have time to cut off parts and stuff.

• Administrators

@PINNAZ yeah, they're the same, without a doubt. Thanks for sticking that link in here-always a good reference. 

I had a feeling I needed to watch Lost...

Okay, so we have a lot of absolute info now. Hm. We might establish that 'Power will reunite you," refers to the power opening the central door, and not anything else like YouTube view-hunter theorists *ahem*MrTLex*ahem* claim. 

"Wish too often and your wishing well will run" = teddy bearing the box

Running towards the morgue chambers on the American side of Verruckt causes a lightning/explosion sound. 

Using the action button under the dentist's chair activates the screams of an unidentified victim, presumably the owner of the severed right hand. 

@Nightmare Voyager you could also just mention PINNAZ when you are replying to him. No need to qoute all the things. :P

But if its a specific thing of course I am going to post it. Could everyone just not get on at me about quoting? Have you guys seen the long threads of stuff that others quote, including mods?

• Administrators

I seem to have lots of difficulty with quotes on the new site.  

Anyhow, @Nightmare Voyager, I was always under the impression they were different for some reason but after watching the series, those numbers are ingrained in my head haha.  Definitely the correct ones.

@PINNAZ, I'm curious if the numbers signify anything more than that though, because I feel as though they do.  The entire is show is based on good vs. evil, light vs. dark, and time traveling to change the future is a common theme in later seasons.  There are multiple other themes as well that correspond, but I don't want to ruin the show for everyone.

@PINNAZ yeah, they're the same, without a doubt. Thanks for sticking that link in here-always a good reference. 

Okay, so we have a lot of absolute info now. Hm. We might establish that 'Power will reunite you," refers to the power opening the central door, and not anything else like YouTube view-hunter theorists *ahem*MrTLex*ahem* claim. 

Running towards the morgue chambers on the American side of Verruckt causes a lightning/explosion sound. 

Using the action button under the dentist's chair activates the screams of an unidentified victim, presumably the owner of the severed right hand. 

The first three things you mention (power, teddy, and morgue) contain good information, but I'm unsure if they are relevant.  I can't think of any storyline connections to these, just simply gameplay mechanics (or at least with the first two).  Do you think they should be included?

• Administrators

I seem to have lots of difficulty with quotes on the new site.  

Anyhow, @Nightmare Voyager, I was always under the impression they were different for some reason but after watching the series, those numbers are ingrained in my head haha.  Definitely the correct ones.

@PINNAZ, I'm curious if the numbers signify anything more than that though, because I feel as though they do.  The entire is show is based on good vs. evil, light vs. dark, and time traveling to change the future is a common theme in later seasons.  There are multiple other themes as well that correspond, but I don't want to ruin the show for everyone.

The first three things you mention (power, teddy, and morgue) contain good information, but I'm unsure if they are relevant.  I can't think of any storyline connections to these, just simply gameplay mechanics (or at least with the first two).  Do you think they should be included?

True, there is a lot of stuff, especially in later maps that could be misconstrued, so yeah, we can leave those out.

• Administrators

Is there anything else that people think should absolutely be added to Level One Knowledge for Verruckt?  If not, would you like to move to Level Two or Level One for Shi No Numa?

You'll have to remind me what you mean by Level Two, though I have a feeling that Verruckt doesn't have much L2 as it is.

As far as I'm concerned, we're clear to move on to Shi No Numa. Let the juicy discussions begin.

https://soundcloud.com/nabrzhunter-online/snn-song

Best references: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Roppenhttp://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Vbush

• Administrators

So, @NaBrZHunter, it gets a little tricky.  They're the step below facts, basically.  They are theories regarding something in the map that might not be confirmed, but they have strong evidence and general consensus.  You could say that that's most of our Zombies Knowledge, but I think the difference is that L1 is when it's the only option and it makes sense.  L2 would be if there are x options and it must be one of x options, the best one would be L2.  Does that make a little more sense?

But yeah, I'm ready to move to Shi No Numa if you are.

I'll insert that the timeline for the map is before December 31, 1945, due to a Tank Dempsey quote saying he's been killing Zombies since 1945.  Of course, this is contingent upon us believing that Shi No Numa is still before Der Riese, which The Giant is throwing a hiccup in the way of being so sure.

I wasn't able to find anything in the ROppen server, though I searched VBush and can include these things:

• Shi No Numa is a Group 935 outpost, dubbed "The Swamp," though the confirmed location has yet to be solved.
  • Dr. Maxis seized the Ray Gun designs from the Rising Sun facility in Shi No Numa.
  • As of shortly after January 20th, 1942, Shi No Numa was listed as one of the five known locations for Element 115 meteors.

As for L1 knowledge, is there anything else that we can think of?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Were you guys planning on reviving this? I just read everything on here and I'm really excited what could be found for Der Reise.

We have discussed it several times; however, it won't be so much about what can be found, but more about pouring over our archives and splitting up the facts to their respective maps.