They Are, They Exist: Zombies Knowledge

Tac

• Administrators

Hey fellow zombie lovers, Tac here with what I believe to be an incredibly important undertaking. If you noticed the title, there’s a few things I need to point out. “They Are, They Exist” is taking a page out of the book of Rene Descartes, in which he goes through the process of doubting everything he believes in order to rebuild and find things that are absolutely true. He says that anything which can be doubted, even in the slightest, is not knowledge and therefore can not be counted. Knowledge, to him, is when it’s indubitable and can not be doubted. While I’m referring to the zombies in the title, the first piece of knowledge he finds is that he existed, which he puts as “I am, I exist”.

The very goal of this thread, of this project, is to find everything about zombies that is certain and can not be doubted. This knowledge could be anything from dates to character information that are obtained in various ways, either through quotes, terminal information, and the like to create this list. I ask that you please put something that you believe we can take as absolutely certain and we will put it to the test by seeing if there’s absolutely anything that allows doubt to seep into that belief. If no such thing is found, the belief will be added, which we’d now call a fact.

Remember how I said Descartes found that he existed? Well that knowledge, or absolute truth, was something that he used to build further beliefs on. We will do the same thing. Over time, we will branch out and once we find zombies knowledge, we will extend the list to things we are almost certain of, using reason and the facts. You can think of the facts as level one knowledge, in which it’s certain, and the farther out we increase, i.e. levels two, three, etc., the less certain we are of it. We, as a community can decide the cut off level as the time approaches, but let us start with level one knowledge. I want this to serve as a bibliography of sorts, and a great resource for everyone interested in the Zombies Storyline.

Zgz1dcr.png

Level One Knowledge

• An American Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress plane crashed. The American survivors of the crash take refuge in a World War II bunker.

Level Two Knowledge

Level Three Knowledge

9g4eOmE.png

Level One Knowledge

• Verruckt takes place between September 10th, 1945, and September 20th, 1945, at the Wittenau Sanatorium in Pankow, Berlin, Germany.
  • One individual that worked at Verruckt for a limited amount of time was the United States spy, Peter McKay.  His handler at the Office of Strategic Studies (OSS) was Cornelius Pernell.
  • The OSS sent a Marine Recon unit, led by Tank Dempsey,  to Verruckt to extract Peter McKay from the facility.  Other members of this Marine Recon unit include a man named Smokey and a man named John, nicknamed Banana.  Tank Dempsey was captured and sent to Dr. Edward Richtofen.  Smokey turned into a zombie and John "Banana" was forced to kill him. 

Level Two Knowledge

Level Three Knowledge

IhrA9a0.png

Level One Knowledge

• Shi No Numa is a Group 935 outpost, dubbed "The Swamp," though the confirmed location has yet to be solved.
  • Dr. Maxis seized the Ray Gun designs from the Rising Sun facility in Shi No Numa.
  • As of shortly after January 20th, 1942, Shi No Numa was listed as one of the five known locations for Element 115 meteors.

Level Two Knowledge

Level Three Knowledge

Edited by Tac
  • Like 2
  • Administrators

@FatedTitan That's probably for the best. So for Nacht der Untoten, there was a plane crash that resulted in four unnamed Marines to take refuge in a World War II bunker. We know this because the man laying on the ground is disoriented, so we can infer that he was part of the crash. There's Nazi vehicles and logos everywhere, and the DICE presentation stated "World War II bunker" so World War II is likely the time period, probably in Germany. I'm unsure if there's much else to be noted about Nacht der Untoten haha. At some point we can address if they're the same as Verruckt's soldiers, but that's for another time.

@Nightmare Voyager, hopefully man! This is to find out a lot of stuff :)

But do we know the marines are from the plane? One is lying on the floor and is attacked by a zombie. But we are missing the others. Maybe they managed to get into the bunker but I am unsure. Anyways so excited I cant wait to talk about it more.

Cool thread man. I really wanna know if origins is cannon. It'd suck if it was all just a dream but I need to know. The gameplay for zombies in general is very fun it wouldn't stop me from playing. And probably wouldn't be the worst thing cause they could just start up a whole new story. But yeah. Cool thread i'll check back regularly

i know the plane in the original nacht map is 100% a Boeing B-17 bomber. i know there are usually 10 crew members in the air craft.

A pilot

co pilot

navigator/flexible gunner

bombardier/flexible gunner

flight engineer/top turret gunner

radio operator/flexible gunner

ball turret gunner

left waist gunner

right waist gunner

tail gunner

1-4 were normally officers

5-10 were normally enlisted men

Boeing B-17s based in Europe flew mainly from bases in England. When the bombers were scheduled to return to base following a run, officers and others would gather outside to wait and count...

get thinking guys!!!

Edited by BennetsGreen
  • Administrators

But do we know the marines are from the plane? One is lying on the floor and is attacked by a zombie. But we are missing the others. Maybe they managed to get into the bunker but I am unsure. Anyways so excited I cant wait to talk about it more.

Granted, no. We don't know, so I suppose it isn't knowledge, per say.

Cool thread man. I really wanna know if origins is cannon. It'd suck if it was all just a dream but I need to know. The gameplay for zombies in general is very fun it wouldn't stop me from playing. And probably wouldn't be the worst thing cause they could just start up a whole new story. But yeah. Cool thread i'll check back regularly

Thanks!!

i know the plane in the original nacht map is 100% a Boeing B-17 bomber. i know there are usually 10 crew members in the air craft.

A pilot

co pilot

navigator/flexible gunner

bombardier/flexible gunner

flight engineer/top turret gunner

radio operator/flexible gunner

ball turret gunner

left waist gunner

right waist gunner

tail gunner

1-4 were normally officers

5-10 were normally enlisted men

Boeing B-17s based in Europe flew mainly from bases in England. When the bombers were scheduled to return to base following a run, officers and others would gather outside to wait and count...

So we could say that x amount of them died while 4 survived, if we believe these people are from the crashed plane. I want to make sure everyone is comfortable counting this as Level 1 knowledge, even though it goes against the definition we set out. Can anyone pose a good reason not to include it as such?

i really don't know, I'm looking into the planes history and seeing if any went down in any area and ever found or went missing. also looking into the countries that had usage of them.

i gotta go down to the weed shop to help me think... il be back in 20 if anyone wants to converse about this shit

Edited by BennetsGreen

• The Plane is a "Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress" (American)

BoeingB-17G_zpsb193304e.png

B17_zpsa6f2a774.png

• The Trucks are "Opel Blitz" (German)

OpelBlitz_zpsdb5ce8b6.png

opel-blitz_zpsb5292517.gif

Opel_Blitz_German_3t_Truck_zpsf6b78af6.j

• Nacht Der Untoten is a Nazi bunker, as shown by the ammo crates which say "Property of the German Wehrmacht" (German Army)

AmmoCrate_zpsf0470684.png

• The Playable Characters are American

• The Zombies are Nazi soldiers & SS officers

That's about all the facts.

Remember that there is no formal story to Nacht Der Untoten. It is purely a hidden game mode in which us Zombie purists have created a backstory

nach is in tranzit too but idk if thats proof, to contradictoy on both ends. Anyways the description of nacht says... "You drove them deep into the heart of the reich." is that a clue?

• Administrators
Do I believe that Nacht der Untoten is in Germany? Absolutely. But we don't have sufficient evidence to say that it is without a doubt, so we won't. I'll add the Level One Knowledge for Nacht in a little while, but unless anyone else has something to add, let's move to Verruckt! We know the map takes place in September of 1945, between the 10th and 20th, at the Wittenau Sanatorium in Berlin, Germany.

place - Wittenau Sanatorium, Berlin, Nazi Germany (aka Karl-Bonhoeffer-psychiatric unit )

date  -  sep 10th 1945

some info I've found  out -

The theory of 'racial hygiene' in Nazi Germany held that 'inferior' and 'burdening' people were producing a race of 'idiots', and that, coupled with their perceived higher birth rate, was seen as being bad for the German nation. 'Inferior people', so it was said, should be 'cut out' from socie being bad for the German nation. 'Inferior people', so it was said, should be 'cut out' from society. Such a view led to the setting up of the 'law for the prevention of hereditary pro-creation', which led to the forced sterilisation of around 360,000 people between 1933 and 1945, which also happened in Wittenau

The start of WWII brought a further development. Many old doctors from the unit joined the newly formed 'office for the extermination of those unworthy of life' on Tiergartenstraße 4, the so-named 'T4 action'

This legalised the 'mercy killing' of disabled, mentally ill and handicapped people. Around 200,000 were killed in total. Wittenau was part of this:

Wittenau served as an 'inbetween unit', which meant that those selected by other units to be killed were sent to Wittenau before being sent to other places, where they would be killed. It was done in this way to try to hide the purpose of their transporting. Around 3,000 Wittenau patients were killed in other places in this way.

Killing also took place in Wittenau itself. 4,941 people were killed through oral tablets or through hunger. Furthermore, around 5,000 children born with hereditary children were brought to Wittenau in order to receive a 'mercy killing'. Some were used for medical experiments.
Edited by BennetsGreen