What's this thing floating in the sky?

Rissole25

111111_zpsrjrzdcch.jpg

I've been doing the Shangri-La egg lately, and I noticed this thing in the sky I never noticed before. It's odd shaped, not a cloud, and it's the only thing like it in the sky. I know not many people think much of the Mars/Shangri-La connection, but I honestly don't know what this is, and believe it could be something related. I took four pictures (above) and merged them, the last one is as the eclipse ends, hence the sky brighter and the screen contorted.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever seen discussion about this before. It's only their during the eclipse in the past, not the present. Here's a straight picture with no cuts.

3_zpsazv6spzu.png

Honestly, it reminds me of the floating meteors/rocks in the sky during Die Rise. So what do you think gang?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But isn't that meant to be a moon? Unless it was never a moon that was eclipsing the sun. Also maybe this gives a date for Shangri La, somewhere around BO2s maps as well?

Ok then Very well....... For quite a while now it's been theorized that perhaps Shangri-la is at the very end of the timeline or at the very beginning. Due to the time travel it kind of makes it hard to pinpoint exactly but the Flying chunks of rock could be debris from the moon rockets hitting earth. Another theory is that it could take place millions of years in the past. So far no conclusions have been made and the only information we have that can be confirmed is that Shangri-la takes place in the himalayas during 2 different points in time. One is the 60's (According to the time frame of Moon and ascension) and the other time period is Unknown.

Shangri-la is still by far the most troubling Map to understand. Will we ever understand? That too is unknown.

• Administrators

Can you guys stop that? I know it's tongue in cheek, but I was actually hoping for a serious discussion.

Removed claptrap...Not issuing warnings, but please try and avoid leaving unnecessary troll posts in topics that are clearly targeted for serious discussion. We're better than that.

Also the object causing the eclipse has an irregular shape meaning it might not be the moon at all. Till now the moon has always been a perfect circle yet in shang the "moon" isn't perfect. almost as if it were just a meteor in the sky.

I cant help noticing you are saying it as if you said it first, when it is mentioned in the main post and such XD

Also the object causing the eclipse has an irregular shape meaning it might not be the moon at all. Till now the moon has always been a perfect circle yet in shang the "moon" isn't perfect. almost as if it were just a meteor in the sky.

I cant help noticing you are saying it as if you said it first, when it is mentioned in the main post and such XD

Actually He mentioned the meteor he found in the distance I'm mentioning the "Moon" during the eclipse.

So far no conclusions have been made and the only information we have that can be confirmed is that Shangri-la takes place in the himalayas during 2 different points in time. One is the 60's (According to the time frame of Moon and ascension) and the other time period is Unknown.

The hand held radios around the map rule out the first period being in the 60's, so Shangri La is most likely around the same time frame as CotD.

My guess with the eclipsed time period is that it is millions of years in the past... possibly (though not definitely) when Shangri La existed on Mars. It would make sense that the Vril were a race who occupied Mars and then moved Shang to Earth during Mars final days of being inhabitable.

That could mean the rock is one of Mars two Moons... maybe.

moon_zpskzximxim.png

I thought the moon looked a little weird myself, but I thought it was just the sun from behind it kinda hiding a part of it with it's light? I will say though, it's very jagged in game. They tend to do the moon in other maps right, though that could just be a bad graphic or perhaps the darkness and no detail of it makes it stand out.

Also, of course the moon and sun are in the exact same spot. This could mean two things:

- It's relevant and could mean the Eclipse portion of the egg and the loading screen occur roughly at the same time, or just something that makes that time of day very special.

- Treyarch were lazy and just based the eclipse from either in-game or in the loading screen, off of the other.

I just wanted to say incase I confused anyone, I'm not actually saying Shangri-La is on Mars (I'm half saying it in jest), but I think there is some stuff to suggest that there is a connection/link between Shangri-La and Mars. I don't know what it is, but yeah.

A guy in the game said it could be one of the pyramids, which could work, but it doesn't have the shape of a pyramid.

Nice comparison with the loading screen image & also the ingame picture there Rissole. Identical!

I'm going to play around on the PC version no-clipping etc. there is also a command line in which I can enter the Eclipse in solo player. I'll see what I can find.

The original meteor image that your talking about is probably part of the "skybox" model file. Which would mean it's just 2D & you probably won't get any better view that what you've got. I'll open it in Maya anyway.

Nice eyes spotting that though bud!

I dont think everything in Shangri La has to be resolved to Mars, especially since it is not proven. By the way the eclipse is different than in the loading screen. Where as the sun is bigger and more behind the moon in the comic book, it is more hidden in game. 

moon_zpskzximxim.png 

Sorry for stealing your image but what is that in the top right corner of the in map Moon?