User Menu

Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Forum Menu

More Staff Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Sign in to follow this  
The Meh

"115" | A Lyrical Breakdown

Ah, Black Ops. My favorite time for Zombies. It truly was a great time for Zombies to come back. And as such, the songs were also quite good. Hello to all, you know me. Today, we're starting out the Black Ops portion of songs, with none other than "115". (Let's have at this, then, guys.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"115"

No one can see me and
I've lost all feeling and
I know I won't die alone...

(Interesting enough. If it were my guess, this line would technically refer to Samantha. She wants to achieve vengeance. Revenge. It fuels her. She's a sadistic, hollow shell of the peaceful little girl she once was.)

I'll stop you from breathing and
All your deceiving, and
This house is not my home!

(Who would she want to get vengeance/revenge on? Richtofen. Richtofen did all of this, and the world now is stemmed from his deceit. In all technicalities, she has a great reason to set these goals, to want to kill off the threat that is... Richtofen.)

NO!
More forgiveness...
NO!
And the reason is
I know I wont die alone...

(Even if Richtofen asked for her forgiveness, she's definitely far from giving him forgiveness. She's gonna kill him before that happens.)

I have returned!

(Well... what else is there to say then the fact that Samantha's back to achieve her goals?)

And everyone dies,
And everyone lies,
They're waiting for the second coming again...

(The world is basically screwed. People are dying everyday to zombies, and people (like Richtofen...) will lie to get their way, to survive. On the religious side of things, the Christians would probably wait for the Second Coming. They may as well have seen this as the events that are in the Book of Revelation. Does that mean that it's related? Well... that's odd enough. It might not be. But as I see it, it definitely has the plausibility of such.)

Everyone tries to hold onto their lives,
When no one's alive...
Bring me 115!

(At this rate, people need to survive. And Samantha... she's still gonna kill these people, with the zombies, with the power of 115. 115 doesn't stand as an element to her, it stands as the reason she has power. She sees that far. She needs the 115, she needs the power, she needs zombies. Samantha wants power. She's power-hungry. Or at least... that's what kind of person she's become now.)

You stand for nothing and overlooked something,
I'll bring you down all on my own!

(Before you ask, it's not "I've overlooked something". Anyways... in Samantha's vision, Richtofen's nothing now. An opponent in a game of lies and cheats, the liar, the fool. He's nothing to her, and she wants to be the one that will bring him down. She will kill him the moment she gets that chance.)

I'm the end, I can taste it,
I'll justify hatred,
I am the chosen one, left hand of all that's sacred!

(She's the force that's gonna bring the world down. She, in her stance now, holds dominion. She's at a level of omnipotence that can be seen as a religious thing... if one thinks such... yet that would be rather foolish. ANYWAYS, she's basically omnipotent. She's gonna kill everyone to get to Richtofen.)

NO!
More forgiveness...
NO!
I'll bring you death and pestilence,
I'll bring you down on my own...

(She's still not at a standpoint with which she's gonna forgive Richtofen. In fact, it's safe to say she's not forgiving anyone at this rate. She'll bring the death of millions by her own hands. Disease will thrive because of her. The human race? Please. She's putting the world into a noose. It's an abattoir. Her abattoir.)

I have returned!

And everything dies,
Look to the skies,
To see the end of all creation again...

(It would seem this line refers to someone dying, the "end of all creation" basically meaning this person's death, quite possibly caused by Samantha. It could be more. This could always be symbolism to "rebirth". But that's really just an idea.)

See with your eyes,
My army of flies,
When no one's alive...
Bring me 115!

(The "army of flies" refers to the zombies, at best. And... well, yeah. The whole ordeal with the previous chorus. Eh. It's not really non-simplistic. o3o)

I've lost all form and unity...
Where has my life gone?
I'll bring you doom that you can see,
and bring you down to see you bleed...

(We've talked on this enough. The old Samantha's gone. Any shred of humanity she held pre-MPD is gone, she's a shallow hole, a shell of what she once was: a peaceful little girl, innocent to the world around her, the hellhole that is planet Earth. And it's all because of what Richtofen did. She's gonna kill him. She wants to kill him. This is the anger she's held for him, this song nearly solidifies that anger.)

And everyone dies,
And everyone lies,
They're waiting for the second coming again...

Everyone tries to hold onto their lives,
When no one's alive...
Bring me 115!

And everything dies,
Look to the skies,
To see the end of all creation again...

See with your eyes,
My army of flies,
When no one's alive...
Bring me 115!

And nobody cries,
When everyone dies,
And no one's alive...
Bring me 115!

(As we've learned with a lot of choruses... repetition is fun.  :D )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The song itself is interesting. I know, I say that with a lot of the songs now, but really, "115" is quite something. It's ironic I say that, as we're just getting started! Now... what's the song's meaning? In my eyes, it signifies Samantha's anger. This whole song shows us the insight of her character. She used to be a peaceful little girl, void of knowing what the world would end up becoming, and now knowing that her world she lived in is, at a lack of better words, gone... she's gone mad. Mad with power. Any shred of her humanity is lost to sadistic means. She's a hollow form of her old self. She wants the 115, she wants zombies. She wants to kill everyone, all because of her state where she is now, all because of this. All because of what Richtofen did to her. Samantha's aiming to get revenge on him. She's going to kill him before she's done. Then again, that's always opinion. There's many allegories that can bring forth connections that I may not see. And what do we do there? Well... that's why I have you guys. If you have anything you think on this song, please, do tell. I'm all ears for your opinions, guys!

Until next time. Per aspera ad astra...
Edited by The Meh