Sign in to follow this  
Lenne

Lost but not forgotten

I wanted to bring this post back up again. I don't typically like doing things like this, the clutter gets annoying and I know how the staff feel about it, but... I'll hope you guys understand on this one. I think it's time I finally address the loss of one of the better forum members I came to have become a friend of mine. He's not actually dead, given, but... with the way his profile is, and the stance he has about coming back into the fold, I felt the most appropriate thing I could do was honor Nightmare Voyager here.

Voyager is, beyond all else, probably one of my greatest friends online to this day. Before, when he was around this forum, he was easily the same way, and we created a number of map concepts and posts that we believed were good. We talked a good lot, we had fun here. I still have fun here, and I still write with Voyager a good lot. He's been helping me with The Unity Series, and I do hope to see it through with him to the end, if he's willing to stick by me.

Facts are, though... he's no longer with us, on CoDz. Some time, a couple years back, we drifted apart. I don't like to talk about it, but it happened. I felt bad about it. It was around the same time when CoDz was in a bit of a lull prior to Black Ops III, and... admittedly, had a bit of a toxic atmosphere. In a way, I think that drove him away from CoDz, and... as it stands, his posts are still on CoDz, but he asked the Admins to make his name fall under the "Guest" profile. He popped back up with the new PTG at one point with me, but I don't think that really lasted long for... well, either of us. So... it came and went. Eventually, I think it was me that went to Skype and formally apologized. I... feel bad about forgetting the exact details... it was quite some time back. Since then, we've been talking again, and I'd go as far to say we're friends once more. Which... couldn't be more happy about that.

Honestly, though, it was sad to see him leave the forums. I don't know that he wishes to come back, or if he ever will. He still occasionally visits, to read older posts and search up stuff... but that's about it.

I've got a bit of a surprise for him on the last Unity Series map, though. I haven't told him about it, but... he'll like it. I'll make sure that we get that posted as soon as we can. Other than that... I felt the need to address this.

Re-sparking the old posts... not exactly a good thing to be doing sometimes, right @Lenne? Hope you'll understand on this one. 😉

20 minutes ago, The Meh said:

Re-sparking the old posts... not exactly a good thing to be doing sometimes, right @Lenne? Hope you'll understand on this one.

No problem. Your post is why I made this topic and it is better to post in an already existing topic than creating a new one with the same conent so to speak.

All good.

Yeah I miss NV too, but it was his choice to have his profile "deleted". A bummer to be honest...

On 9/4/2018 at 1:44 PM, InfestLithium said:

You know who I haven't seen in a hot minute?

@Naitrax. Like a little brother to me on the site. Been there since practically Day 1.

Yeah, Naitrax was cool. King of the UOTM a decent number of months if I recall.

Honestly, I can't say I've seen @MysteryMachineX in quite some time, either. Along with @Stop Mocking Me0...

I know that MMX, after the release of the timeline, has kind of distanced himself from Call of Duty, although it saddens me that we could see him go... and I do wish he'd stick around a good bit. Doesn't have to be to create a timeline of his own (I've seen both forms and I've come to find that both equally make my personal understanding of the storyline so much better from it)... just to interact with the community, and to enjoy the series again, for what it is. Saddens me to see him go but I pray to see him return again.

...as I do for Mocking. I know he liked to post a lot of interesting stuff, and I know doing all that is what led to issues with Zombie Labs and him to depart the forums... and I feel bad for that having to be the case. He's a good guy with good ideas, and I think it would be great to see him return to the fold with the release of Black Ops IV.

I miss ya both, guys. I hope to see you back soon...

...ya damn well better come back...

On 6/14/2015 at 7:30 AM, Tasha said:

Rest in Peace @Boom
Never again seen after announcing his concept map Fifty Shades of @InfestLithium.
Presumed kidnapped by one of the following: @InfestLithium @Nightmare Voyager @Stop mocking me0 @The Meh
Or maybe it was all of them.

This was during our moderator romance days ❤@InfestLithium

Is it "questioned" or "questioning"?

I'm sure @Tasha will have the fanfic done whenever she may return.

18 hours ago, The Meh said:

Honestly, I can't say I've seen @MysteryMachineX in quite some time, either. Along with @Stop Mocking Me0...

I know that MMX, after the release of the timeline, has kind of distanced himself from Call of Duty, although it saddens me that we could see him go... and I do wish he'd stick around a good bit. Doesn't have to be to create a timeline of his own (I've seen both forms and I've come to find that both equally make my personal understanding of the storyline so much better from it)... just to interact with the community, and to enjoy the series again, for what it is. Saddens me to see him go but I pray to see him return again.

...as I do for Mocking. I know he liked to post a lot of interesting stuff, and I know doing all that is what led to issues with Zombie Labs and him to depart the forums... and I feel bad for that having to be the case. He's a good guy with good ideas, and I think it would be great to see him return to the fold with the release of Black Ops IV.

I miss ya both, guys. I hope to see you back soon...

...ya damn well better come back...

Yeah I do miss MMX as well, back in the day he was active in every corner of the forum. I do also fondly remember our pm exchanges. Well... most of them at least, wasn't always easy to deal with MMX for me at least, but I guess that is called character development or something along those lines. haha All in all I do miss him, but I still occasionaly try to make time for watching some of his videos.

Mocking was also a difficult character in my opinion, but one can't deny that he had an impact on this forum.

On 9/5/2018 at 3:44 AM, InfestLithium said:

You know who I haven't seen in a hot minute?

@Naitrax. Like a little brother to me on the site. Been there since practically Day 1.

On 9/6/2018 at 6:01 AM, The Meh said:

<3

Jeez man I joined the site like 6 years ago, time flies hey. Miss the good old days haha

12 hours ago, Naitrax said:

❤

Jeez man I joined the site like 6 years ago, time flies hey. Miss the good old days haha

Yer still around like most of us but just not as active, does that say something about the site, the game or us as individuals? For me it's the game, the site is great and so are the people but the site can't be the saviour but will hold fond memories for folk. Stick around though - you are missed along with others.

On 9/11/2018 at 12:06 PM, Hells Warrrior said:

Yer still around like most of us but just not as active, does that say something about the site, the game or us as individuals? For me it's the game, the site is great and so are the people but the site can't be the saviour but will hold fond memories for folk. Stick around though - you are missed along with others.

Nostalgia has got the best of ya numpty! The gameplay in BO3 Zombies trumps Die Rise, Tranzit, Buried etc in every way. Where it fell short was the in-game community. People don't even talk to each other anymore and thats what makes the game less engaging.