Sign in to follow this  
Lenne

Lost but not forgotten

Lost but not forgotten

Hello my lovely people of CoDz.

Today I wanted to bring to you something I had in mind for a while and since I've seen this Suggestion by @Tattoo247 . I would like to actually open this thread. It isn't exactly the same idea he has but it inspired me to do this.

So what is this about?

When you look at CoDz on paper it is a website that is about cracking Easter Eggs, amazing strategies and well thought out Theories. 

When you dig or scroll a bit deeper though you will find a rather large group of like minded people, gentleman, kids, adults, adult kids, childish adults, boys, girls, EJs, Noobs, pros but most importanly you will find a group of friends or dare I saying: a family?!

Let me tell you I feel more content on here than at an actual family meeting. So it has to be something bigger than just some nerds talking about a side mode for a popular game, but now I am just rambling.

With time people come and people go. Some for a longer period of time, some for a short amount of time, some leave monthly, some leave and never come back, some disappear and some will always stick to CoDz no matter what.

I wanted to create this thread for the people who have disappeared. My hope is if they ever return they will see a notification caused by me/us mentioning them in this thread and hopefully it will make them notice that they were not forgotten.

Now I will mention the people I miss on this site. You my dear person who is reading this can do the same. I will update the op as time goes on, but only during the weekends. : (

Oh well... Here we go:

@perfectlemonade - This is not only one of the best zombie players on this site. I mean come on he has the zombies triple crown. He used to be a very active community member, giving his thoughts on everything while being smart, polite and always very well written. He also made brilliant strategy threads. I know life kinda took over and I don't blame you, but I hope to see you return for longer than a week as soon as the next Treyarch Call of Duty arrives.

Hopefully this puts a smile on your face.

@Shooter - When you think of great theories, who do you think of: PINNAZ, MMX, GRILL, Alpha the list goes on and on. I personally think of this guy as well. He hasn't posted in almost a year, but his amazing Rise of the Richtofen thread is still something I remember with a smile on my face, but in my opinion more importanly he was a member who wasn't afraid to speak his mind regardless if it was well received or not, he is someone who loves CoDz very much. I mean I remember him asking how much it would cost to get the vB site fixed and he would pay the amount of money. 

Hopefully you will return as soon as possible.

@deathb4di2h0nor - This member went through some tough times right before he was last seen on the forums and he is the main reason why I thought of this because I actually am kinda worried about him. He is like the other people on this list a friendly, honest, CoDz loving, zombie slaying maniac. But life hasn't been too easy on him.

CoDz didn't always have the great team behind the scenes like it does have now and he was one to acknowledge that not because he wanted to piss people off, but because he cared about this site.

Hopefully you are well and just chose to not play video games anymore.

@xXExpertCoahXx - Back in the pre BO2 days He was one of the active new comers. Myself and EJ being the other two. He even came very close to winning UoTM. He was someone who kept this on a roll when we had a day or two without any info. Kinda reminds me of BHS, NV and Meh as well.

Hopefully you will quit lurking one day and join us on the magical hype train ride which will be the BO3 or WaW 2 or whatever Hype train.

@punkrockzombie - He was one of the main reasons why I had so much fun back in the second half of 2012. He had a huge project and saw it through. Sadly though he hates BO2 and saw no reason to ever post again on this beautiful site. 

Maybe... just maybe you will be back for the next game.

I'm gonna stop myself here, since I want you guys to mention some members you miss as well.

You can also mention some of the people I already mentioned of course, if you want to.

@BlackOpsTiger - I sure hope he is still alive, but when I started getting into CoDz theories, it was @BlackOpsTiger that drew me into wanting to help decipher all the secrets, he had a friend that helped him too and I'm embarrassed to say I forgot his/her name, but they were basically my favorite decoders, and theorists for a long time, until they disappeared from the scene...

Hats off to these two people, I wouldn't be here without them.

@cjdog23 - Not so much of a forum poster, but probably the best quote complier for youtube videos was cjdog23.

He always had a simple structure, quotes only, with the old style sound wave from probablythe first ever windows media player (ahh...nostalgia) and probably my favorite quality in any youtuber, he NEVER asked/begged for subscribers or even likes. He did it because we needed it.

I fell asleep MANY morning listening to all of his quote videos, and was the result of a lot of my own theories. You rock CJ, hope you're doing well, good stranger.

-Tattoo247

@Gaga M Jackson - CoDz is lacking some serious Va Jay-Jay's lately.

ifyouknowwhatImean.

-Undead

@SkuldAlthough he came with the influx of people that came from PTG during... around May, perhaps? Can't remember. Anyways, I think I'd want to point out @Skuld. Loved his work, and he was good on here just as he was on PTG. He told me he would post a "Science of Perks" thing a long while ago, yet he's disappeared before posting so.

-The Meh

@MurderMashineX - I still tell myself every night when I go to sleep "maybe tomorrow will be the day MurderMachineX comes back." I'm like a little kid who doesn't understand the concept of divorce and where his father went.

@Tankeo Dempsaki - Additionally Tankeo Dempsaki was a great dude. He didn't just leave though, he got banned. He was a trouble maker but an awesome dude all around.

@Fated Titan - He hasn't been around the past few months. Always good at making discussions lively.

- Electric Jesus

Hopefully this thread will be well received and wasn't  just a good idea in my mind. 

Have a nice day.

:3

Edited by Lenne

I really like seeing these posts, being one of the newer people here, I don't know many of the old members. It is good to learn that they are nice people like the rest of you are. I believe the reason Cod Z members are so nice is because they are treated equally and fairly, no matter what. 

Awesome thread.

I sure hope he is still alive, but when I started getting into CoDz theories, it was @BlackOpsTiger that drew me into wanting to help decipher all the secrets, he had a friend that helped him too and I'm embarrassed to say I forgot his/her name, but they were basically my favorite decoders, and theorists for a long time, until they disappeared from the scene...

I honestly love this post, Lenne. It's awesome. :D

Although he came with the influx of people that came from PTG during... around May, perhaps? Can't remember. Anyways, I think I'd want to point out @Skuld. Loved his work, and he was good on here just as he was on PTG. He told me he would post a "Science of Perks" thing a long while ago, yet he's disappeared before posting so.

I suppose I'll be waiting for that post when he comes back.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Updated the op with your suggestions.

Keep them coming, since I have left some out on purpose. ;)

I cri. I cri evertiem.

Well let's see. Hmmmm.

I still tell myself every night when I go to sleep "maybe tomorrow will be the day @ comes back." I'm like a little kid who doesn't understand the concept of divorce and where his father went.

Additionally @Tankeo Dempsaki was a great dude. He didn't just leave though, he got banned. He was a trouble maker but an awesome dude all around.

@Fated Titan hasn't been around the past few months. Always good at making discussions lively.

Oooh, what was that dude, he would talk with me about the Hanford project, before TranZit came out. Hmm.

I just read through the mars thread just to see some old names. It's crazy going through 2+ years of members in 5 minutes.

Not so much of a forum poster, but probably the best quote complier for youtube videos was @cjdog23.

He always had a simple structure, quotes only, with the old style sound wave from probablythe first ever windows media player (ahh...nostalgia) and probably my favorite quality in any youtuber, he NEVER asked/begged for subscribers or even likes. He did it because we needed it.

I fell asleep MANY morning listening to all of his quote videos, and was the result of a lot of my own theories. You rock CJ, hope you're doing well, good stranger.

Edited by Tattoo247

Awesome thread.

I sure hope he is still alive, but when I started getting into CoDz theories, it was @BlackOpsTiger that drew me into wanting to help decipher all the secrets, he had a friend that helped him too and I'm embarrassed to say I forgot his/her name, but they were basically my favorite decoders, and theorists for a long time, until they disappeared from the scene...

Nope, I'm still alive. This is probably the first time i've returned to the community in about 2 years. I aplogize, when Black Ops 2 came out my life was a little busier than it was when Black Ops 1 zombie storyline was playing out, so I had more time for it. Unfortunately I didn't have as much time after that.

However, recently I saw some news that the next COD by Treyarch may have zombies, and may even further the original storyline, if possible.

It reminded me of how much fun I had researching, speculating, and collaborating with others on such a great game made by such smart, creative, and talented people.

Treyarch was able to inspire some deep thinking about a storyline in me, while I was playing a video game, which I can't say about many other games. Because Zombies was loosely based on some historical events it peaked my interest even more, because research and speculation to what "real life" things connect with the game could be at play.

I spent a lot of time coming up with theories and with the help of many others even got pretty close to predicting what would happen on Moon and in the rest of the story in Black Ops 2. With samantha controlling the zombies, the earth blowing up, and the towers being used to obtain ultimate control based on Group 935's work. http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/142061-%E2%96%91%E2%96%92%E2%96%93samanthas-existence-life-told-in-ee-songs-theory%E2%96%93%E2%96%92%E2%96%91/

Also, theorizing Samantha was narrating a story by playing a game in her room based on what we saw in Kino and where the story was going: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/156756-letters-from-the-field-photos-videos-from-pre-origins/page-38#entry1461494

Anyway, I had a lot of fun doing it, and if Treyarch decides to continue the story, I will definitly do my best to stay up to date with it and contribute to the community as much as I can. :mrgreen:

Edited by BlackOpsTiger

Awards

Yay he lives!

We'll be looking forward to seeing your posts in the future, thanks again for hooking me into this storyline!

Edited by Tattoo247

I cri. I cri evertiem.

Well let's see. Hmmmm.

I still tell myself every night when I go to sleep "maybe tomorrow will be the day @ comes back." I'm like a little kid who doesn't understand the concept of divorce and where his father went.

Additionally @Tankeo Dempsaki was a great dude. He didn't just leave though, he got banned. He was a trouble maker but an awesome dude all around.

@Fated Titan hasn't been around the past few months. Always good at making discussions lively.

Oooh, what was that dude, he would talk with me about the Hanford project, before TranZit came out. Hmm.

I just read through the mars thread just to see some old names. It's crazy going through 2+ years of members in 5 minutes.

Didn't murdermachinex come back a few weeks ago? Changed his name to something slightly different like madmachinex or something like that?

His name is MysteryMachineX and yes he is around.

Yup. Hi. It was really nice to see I was missed! : D Don't worry, I will personally make sure Electric's tear ducts are welded shut. (Kidding, of course. I don't have an arc welder on me. : / )

For some reason I can't edit in any mentions to the op anymore. : (

So I am going to tag @Hells Warrrior not only because he can most likely fix it or at least tell me why that happened, also because I want to add HW to the list. Apperantly he is too busy with work and playing silly Sci-fi games. :P

Start posting again after E3, okay? ;) Or maybe a bit later, but don't wait too long.

The next one I wanted to add is the beautiful woman also known as: @Electric Jesus (s)he hasn't posted anythiing in such a long time and that makes me sad, since you know: He is kind of a big deal.

Nope it was me, I have all rights to all map concepts ever. It will be released when World at War 2 is announced.

For some reason I can't edit in any mentions to the op anymore. : (

So I am going to tag @Hells Warrrior not only because he can most likely fix it or at least tell me why that happened, also because I want to add HW to the list. Apperantly he is too busy with work and playing silly Sci-fi games. :P

Start posting again after E3, okay? ;) Or maybe a bit later, but don't wait too long.

The next one I wanted to add is the beautiful woman also known as: @Electric Jesus (s)he hasn't posted anythiing in such a long time and that makes me sad, since you know: He is kind of a big deal.

Sorry bud, I'm extremely busy at work at the moment and time is just a bit of an issue and I'm playing Destiny in my free time.

I'll be back soon though, I'm always about just not active.

Rest in Peace @Boom
Never again seen after announcing his concept map Fifty Shades of @InfestLithium.
Presumed kidnapped by one of the following: @InfestLithium @Nightmare Voyager @Stop mocking me0 @The Meh
Or maybe it was all of them.

​I don't kidnap, I MAN-Nap!

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HS.142607910286&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0   (Images failing again...) 

*Snorts ramen noodle mix

*Jumps out 3rd story building

*Finishes marathon

*Crashes into sun.

That's not an image link, it's a link to the image, it needs to end in .jpg, .gif, .png etc.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HS.142607910286&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HS.142607910286&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0