Five Nights at Freddy's Discussion Thread

@Rissole25 It's debatable exactly when it takes place. In the kid's house on the TV there's a spot for Fazbear & Friends which reads 1983. If we assume this is when FNAF 4 takes place, chronologically it would be the first game, and the death of the kid we play as would then probably explain why the very first location was shut down.

So FNaF4 > FNaF2 > FNaF > FNaF3

@Nightmare Voyager The kid isn't the bite victim of '87. The Phone Guy specifically said that that victim lived, while the kid however dies at the very end of FNAF 4.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rissole25 It's debatable exactly when it takes place. In the kid's house on the TV there's a spot for Fazbear & Friends which reads 1983. If we assume this is when FNAF 4 takes place, chronologically it would be the first game, and the death of the kid we play as would then probably explain why the very first location was shut down.

So FNaF4 > FNaF2 > FNaF > FNaF3

@Nightmare Voyager The kid isn't the bite victim of '87. The Phone Guy specifically said that that victim lived, while the kid however dies at the very end of FNAF 4.

He does not die. It does not show him as dead. You even see hallucinations of an IV bag, flowers and pills in the players room. The most likely explanation for the game is that you play as the victim in his comatose state and have to live through that same night.

He does not die. It does not show him as dead. You even see hallucinations of an IV bag, flowers and pills in the players room. The most likely explanation for the game is that you play as the victim in his comatose state and have to live through that same night.

The kid clearly dies, have you finished the game? After you beat the 6th night, you get a minigame where the brother apologizes to the kid. Afterwards at the end right before the kid fades away, you hear his heart monitor going flatline.

Yes but there is no date when the kid actually dies, he could have died after Phone Guy even made the phone calls. It is obvious that he is the bite victim, that is what this whole game has been about do you not understand that?

God there's so many different variations of them all. I couldn't even name them all.

Is it very deppresing that I could and even noticed the lack of Phantoms, JJ and shadow animatronics?

• Administrators

So looking at FNaF4, I'm seeing lots of juicy info from the cutscenes/mini-games. That being said, I'm mostly intrigued on the scene where Purple Guy is helping another staff member into the Springtrap (formerly known as Golden Bonnie) suit.

I distrust all YouTube comments since they're full of children repeating the same irrelevant garbage but one thing came to mind: why show us this scene? Is it to let us know that PG has been here the whole time? I mean, we could've guessed that but at the same time, it doesn't necessarily change anything.

Some things to note, though:

• The Bite of '83 =/= The Bite of '87. We see in the TV displaying 1983 for the restaurant. That means the year in that timeframe is indeed 1983 and would also mean a different bite incident.
  • There are none of the original mascots as animatronics (Freddy, Chica, Foxy, Bonnie) in the mini-games, only Springtrap and Golden Freddy. We DO see masks and plush toys but there is no evidence [at least that I can't remember] of their animatronic counterparts. What's up with that?
  • Everyone has noticed the interchanging IV bag/medicine pills/flowers on the bedside dresser in the kid's room. I'm fairly certain that this is a hint to the child being in a nightmare - something not occurring. Reason being? Game Theorists made a solid point about the frontal lobe of the human brain to be connected with fear. With that part of the lobe removed, a person would have no fear. This child obviously is ridden with fear, so much as to hallucinate his beloved plushes into nightmare creatures trying to kill him. It doesn't add up. We know this game takes place afterwards anyways because of how fearsome Golden Freddy is compared to the rest of the Nightmares (excluding Nightmare himself).
  • Purple Guy is not the kid's father. Don't listen to YT comments; why would PG kill the kids - one of whom is the older brother which would still be his son - over his son's death? It seems easy to fool people, but don't fall into that trap.
  • The kid was hallucinating the whole time. In every cutscene, we see his Golden Freddy plush following his every move, even so much as to help him "escape" the restaurant when he was scared. It's ironic, considering the kid already had an irrational fear of the golden animatronics. Hence why the voice tells him that he needs to be brave and get past "them". Who's them? It's Golden Freddy and Bonnie (Springtrap). Every time a worker comes dressed as Golden Freddy, the kid cries. And this is after the voice tells the child that his brother & his friends left him alone, mind you.

This game is just one messed up quest. And with Scott planning add-ons in the future, it'll only make it that much more intense. People have already modded the game to jump to Night 9 and have found very little.

@InfestLithium I've heard people say that the 1983 refers to the date when 'Fredbear & Friends' first aired. Meaning it was a kids show featuring the animatronics that started it all and which turned out to be so popular that it turned into a whole restaurant chain from there. Makes perfect sense if you ask me. That 4 year time-span would also allow for Mangle to be created and featured in both FNAF 4 and 2, as Phone Guy tells us they made him after Foxy was deemed too frightening.

This is further supported by the fact that the Spring Suits are shown in the restaurant, yet  aren't used at all in FNAF 2, except when the PM used the one they had stored away in the back. Meaning the spring failures we hear about in 3 must've happened back in 1983, after which the company banned the suits from use.

Interestingly enough; the Purple Man = the Kids father does have some strengths to it. First off, it's never been confirmed that the kid's brother & his friends are the PM's victims. Secondly, why do the kid & his brother keep visiting the restaurant on a daily basis, even though there are no special events going on? Why does the kid have to have his birthday party at the one place he is scared shitless off? We know the Purple Man was an employee at the place, but we don't yet know what triggered his murder spree and more importantly why he even kills the kids at all. One consistent theme with the Management of all the restaurants is that they try their best to cover up all the bad shit that happens there. So perhaps it's the combination of the Spring Suit failures that killed his colleagues combined with his sons accident and the Fredbear company trying to sweep it all under the rug that made the PM go on his spree to have the company closed down once and for all? 

• Administrators

Ah, I didn't take that into consideration. But when something usually has a "founded back in 19xx" date, it would only appear briefly on a typical commercial, no? Repeating it back and forth makes it seem as if 1983 was the year. But I really hope that it's true and we can finally be relieved about the year. Very plausible. :D

I'm confused on your second point. You said that the Spring Suits were banned in 1983 and thus are not shown in FNaF 2. But that game also takes place in 1987. If the mini-games do show the Spring Suits, then that means they either 1) are happening in 1983 or 2) malfunctioned immediately after the bite incident? If that's the case, we know the spring suits were being utilized while the kid was visiting the restaurant which also means they haven't malfunctioned yet. So you're saying that the incident could have happened in 1987 yet the spring suits weren't supposed to be there? The mini-games contradict that.

(Note: I have a strange guess that Golden Freddy chomping down on the kid IS WHY the spring suits were finally classified as dangerous. The animatronic(s) didn't purposefully do it; they just malfunctioned as a result of the loaded spring which would give enough force for Golden Freddy's jaw to viciously chomp down on the kid's frontal lobe. Aside from the employees knowing how difficult it was to operate those dangerous suits, this would act as the final straw. Makes sense to me.)

Well, the kids were probably in a craze about everything Fredbear's. Seemed like the popular trend. But we know that the kid actually liked the place since he had plushes of all the original animatronics. It looked more as if he was terrified of the golden animatronics more. And judging how his brother and friends constantly leave him behind, they love going to the restaurant more than the kid. So as part of their amusement, they bring him there and taunt him about the animatronics before leaving the poor kid by himself. All that for the big brother to scare him shitless when he got back home. That's why I feel Purple Guy isn't exactly justified to be the father solely on them going all the time (in-game, the kid only goes for like 3/4 days actually, right?). But hey - that's just my view on it. If he actually is/was, then your theory makes 110% sense. :D

Edited by InfestLithium

@InfestLithium Sorry, I fucked that one up. 

The main thing is that the Fredbear & Friends advert only shows the old animatronics, whilst during one of the minigames we see a child with plushies of the newer toy versions. Combined with Mangle which we also know was created sometime after the original Foxy, the game just has to take place after the ad was created, otherwise the toy versions and mangle would've been featured in it since they were made especially for the children. 

The yellow bear we see in FNAF 4 isn't Golden Freddy, but (nightmare) Fredbear, as told by the kid's brother. So this is probably the same one from Fredbear's Family Diner. My best guess is that the bite incident caused management to abandon the entire character of Fredbear.

And the spring suits are difficult to explain. They don't show up in either fnaf 2 or 1, so they must've been banned before. But FNAF 4 takes place in the same year as 2.

If you go back to FNAF 3's recordings, the Phone Guy says that the spring suits are only being retired temporarily until their technician fixes them. If you assume these calls happen before FNAF 4, that would mean by the time 4 takes place, the suits have been fixed. Now you make a good point that the bite is probably what caused the spring suits to be put away for good, which would then explain why they don't show up in 2.

So timeline wise it would go like:

Spring Failures resulting in deaths of employees > suits being retired until fixed > suits fixed > FNAF 4 > The Bite of '87 > Spring Suits are retired permanently > FNAF 2

So what happens now? Scott is being weird about things, he says there will no longer be an update or DLC or FNaF 5 or Sequel or Prequel but he is planning something and is working on something. Is it like a spin off or something? It seems weird that he didn't ever explain the chest thing, unless it will become relevant in whatever he is working on now.

@Nightmare Voyager He's working on an update; but he said it won't expand on FNAF 4, as he's happy with the overall game. Also won't be a new game.

So it'll probably be a huge behind the scenes thing or maybe he'll give us the official timeline of the story.

No not anymore, he said he is no longer working on an update or DLC thing, he said he is just working on something else. 

Also in the files the chest is called Deep 9. Idk what that means.

Wait so the Halloween DLC isn't happening anymore?

Nope. Something else entirely, Scott already announced nothing expanding FNaF 4, no sequels or prequels either. Chest could probably still open but I am not sure what would be in it.