Five Nights at Freddy's Discussion Thread

Thing is, if you brighten up the good ending Springtraps face can still be seen. Also who did the Bite of 87? I think Scott has a enough for two more games really or possibly a spin off at the sister location.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a possibility that the purple man could still have had knowledge about the spring mechanism inside spring Bonnie.

They say you have to be carefull while wearing the costume because if you move around you might accidentally loosen the springs.

When purple man gets in the costume he begins to laugh and then suddenly the spring goes off. Which means that the purple man COULD still be someone who knew about the spring mechanism.

• Administrators

It's funny because the purple man IS spring-trap AND he's the cause of all this. Bit of ironic that he dies inside of spring trap....

Unless he's not dead....

It is weird, huh? The entire game, you're mostly dealing with Spring Trap. But according to the Good Ending, you clearly see that the Purple Man was killed while wearing the Springtrap suit as @Tasha described. After that, we see the spirits of the five deceased children vanish, being released from their purgatory. So why are we still dealing with the animatronics of the withered suits plus Springtrap's in FNaF 3?

To be honest, I haven't played it myself. Would love to, but I can't even run the web browser on my computer so I'm totally stuck with deeply watching others play it. But it seems that the mini-games themselves are links into the past that allow us to alter history. Far-fetched? Yeah, but think about it: we get the good ending because we complete the mini-games in ways that aren't supposed to be done correctly (going through invisible walls, not accessing the door). The Good Ending can only be achieved through these games, and with the help of Mangle, Balloon Boy, Golden Freddy, and Withered (and extremely glitchy) Bonnie.

It's clear that Purple Man getting killed by the kids as revenge happened before FNaF 3, presumably inside the "ruined, previous diner" as explained by the Phone Guy in FNaF 2. We see in the Bad Ending that the animatronic heads have one eye lit up plus an unknown head in the background, indicating that the spirits of the children still live on in those suits. And since we know FNaF 3 takes place after both the first and second game as a future horror attraction based off the popular pizza chain, then we can assume the following:

The first child (Marrionette) gets killed by the Purple Man.

Four more children are killed by the Purple Man.

First restaurant closes, second one is built.

New toy animatronics have criminal check installed in their computers, while old animatronics are scrapped.

FNaF 2 begins.

Purple Man is here as the night guard; thanks to BB, Mangle, Golden Freddy, and what appears to be withered Bonnie, Marionette/soul of first child teams up with the other deceased children and they lure Purple Man into Springtrap, eventually killing him.

The Bite of '87 occurs.

Restaurant closes, new one opens up.

FNaF 1 begins.

Restaurant closes once again, for a long period of time.

A horror attraction based off the pizza chain opens up.

FNaF 3 begins,

The attraction burns down in a fire for unknown reasons. (Bad Ending)

In a way, I'm concluding that from FnaF 1 and beyond date-wise, Purple Man's entity is forever haunting the Freddy Fazbear establishments as Springtrap and the other animatronics.

But according to the Good Ending, you clearly see that the Purple Man was killed while wearing the Springtrap suit as @Tasha described. After that, we see the spirits of the five deceased children vanish, being released from their purgatory. So why are we still dealing with the animatronics of the withered suits plus Springtrap's in FNaF 3?

@InfestLithium Those are Phantoms. They appear alongside Springtrap during Night 2 and onwards. (During Night 1 there is actually nothing out to get you) my guess as to why they show is up is because of Springtrap + the old training tapes featuring the Phone Guy that were salvaged and that also start playing from night 2 and onwards.

The Phantoms cannot actually do you any physical harm, you just start hallucinating crazy shit if they grab you.

The Minigames, which tell the story of each of the five childrens' pasts, are the way to free the children from their torment. This makes sense, considering the Purple Man was killed before the events of FNaF 1 (yet the animatronics still haunt you in that game) + the bad ending (not doing the minigames) shows that the animatronics are still haunted, even 30 years after.

• Administrators

@Tasha Good looking out, friendo. :D

But what do the Phantoms play in any of this? Is it because of Springtrap's reign? I wouldn't think so if they were still about in FNaF 1.

So then the mini-games ARE a perspective to the past, and (kind of) alter history and what becomes after FNaF 3?

@InfestLithium Story-wise, the Phantoms' roles are very minor. Like the other games, the night guard starts hallucinating when confronted with past events. In this case it's the old audio tapes, in FNaF 2 it's the phone guy mentioning the suit that was used to lure the kids.

The Minigames only alter what comes next after FNaF 3. Because everything leading up to the purple man getting killed remains the same in both the true and the bad ending. The only thing that changes is the ultimate fate of the children.

• Administrators

@Slade

It just seems weird...in terms of a time flow it doesn't make sense. Because if the mini-games alter only after FNaF 3 AND Purple Man is already dead but now within Springtrap, that would mean the result (as you just said) is the same. @Tasha said the Purple Man is dead prior to the first game, yet the spirits of the children live on. So the Phantoms are just the hallucinations / "voodoo thoughts" due to recollecting what happened in the past. Okay, with ya so far.

Which begs the question:

In FNaF 3, are the children still haunting the establishment/franchise during the course of the gameplay, even though they are not apparently there? And how can the mini-games affect the future we are technically are already in the future (2017 as its speculated)?

Again, I am limited to watching others play so I'm secluded either to a) the videos in a short time span or B) the community in which more than half of the fans make no sense whatsoever.

@InfestLithium @Tasha the Purple Man actually died after FNaF 1. He returned to the restaurant (which was closed and forsaken by then, as seen in the death minigames) to dismantle the animatronics and thereby destroy the last remaining evidence of his crimes. The spirits of the dead children showed up and cornered him, causing him to jump into the Bonnie spring suit, which lead to his demise and the creation of "Springtrap". Springtrap was left to rot until the guy from FNAF 3 found him along with the audio tapes.

I think it's just Springtrap, as he is the only one that can kill you in 3. The phantoms only cause ventilation errors and hallucinations, they might not even be there. So the childrens aren't haunting you anymore since they got their revenge on Purple Man after FNaF 1, all they're waiting on is for you to free them. 

• Administrators

Bloody hell @Slade , that makes sense. I was so taken aghast by watching the endings for understanding that I knew, deep down inside, the Purple Man came back. I couldn't piece it where so I just assumed it was before FNaF 1. But that would make sense why the animatronics in the first game still attack you, and the long transition plus the creation of Springtrap come into play.

So the old animatronic heads with lights in them while playing ARE in fact the souls of the children then...ah, okay. It all adds up.

Thanks y'all for clearing that confusion up. I couldn't quite wrap my head around it for some odd reason but now that works out just nicely. That would mean the security guard in FNaF 2 is likely the Purple Man, since the details don't lead up to the one in FNaF 1.

@InfestLithium You'll also notice the mini-games between Night's take place in the FNAF 1 Pizzeria. Same layout. (I believe, someone correct me if wrong).

Btw I've only read a summarized version of the whole storyline. I have never played any of the games, so forgive me if I ask stupid questions or answers.

1. What and Who is Golden Freddy?
2. Why do the animatronics/children attack you and others (Phone Guy, that 'incident') in FNAF 1 and 2?
3. Does the fact the Phantoms have a burnt appearance mean anything? (the FNAF 3 diner burns down doesn't it)
4. Why did TPM hide in Springtrap? Would the disguise have somehow fooled the children? (I've read he lured the children away while hiding in the animatronics, perhaps that might be why)
5. Is anything revealed after beating Night 6 in FNAF 3?

1. What and Who is Golden Freddy?

2. Why do the animatronics/children attack you and others (Phone Guy, that 'incident') in FNAF 1 and 2?

3. Does the fact the Phantoms have a burnt appearance mean anything? (the FNAF 3 diner burns down doesn't it)

4. Why did TPM hide in Springtrap? Would the disguise have somehow fooled the children? (I've read he lured the children away while hiding in the animatronics, perhaps that might be why)

5. Is anything revealed after beating Night 6 in FNAF 3?

1. It is implied that Golden Freddy is one of the suits Purple Man used to lure the children to the safe room. (Depicted as Purple Freddy during the minigames)

2. In both games, they think that you're an endoskeleton without a suit on. Thus when they catch you they force you into one.

3. Perhaps foreshadowing said event?

4. He simply panicked and thought he was safe in the suit.

5. Apart from the place burning down, no.

@InfestLithium I just thought of this. Phone Guy mentions in Night 6 that the Safe Rooms (the rooms that are inaccessible to the animatronics and off the map) in all the current locations are being sealed up for "budget reasons". However in the death minigames the safe room from the first game can be clearly seen. Any idea when the vintage audio tapes were recorded?

Here's the story the best I can make of it: 

Original fazbears: 

-Normal place with only Freddy Fazbear as a robot. A small child is outside during a birthday party, this is when the purple man shows up and kills him. 

An investigation occurs causing the origional fazbears to shut down: 

1st Freddys: The first place to offer more anamatronics. Here, the purple man, during a foxy play, walks out and kills 5 more children. These children are later put into suits either by the puppet (first dead kid) or the purple man's sick fetish. Either way, the children gain control of Foxy, Freddy, Chica, Bonny, and golden freddy. The stench, mucus and blood from within the anamatronics causes this resturant to go down again. 

2nd Freddys: The location of FNAF2. This has the most anamatronics yet, including 4 new anamatronics with child-predator databases in your head, which at this point, can and will kill you due to their programming. The old anamatronics are stored in the back. I am unsure as to the origins of balloon boy. Either way, the phone guy is here instructing the proper use of, I have not spelled anamatronics right ONCE so far, the anamatronics, your cameras, and your flashlight and fazbear head. Either way, you make it through the week and survive not only the evil (or good?) AI but also the possessed monsters as well. 

Here's where things get freaky. We know that the Bite of 87 happens SHORTLY after the events of FNAF2 (as in a few weeks after) because the resturant would be closed immediately, should the bite have happened, and sense the month on the check you receive at the end of the game is in November 1987, we know that the bite must occur within the next 0-5 weeks.  I think you, the security guard, are not only at risk of death at night but also the day. Phone guy states that he takes over your shift after him. 

Next up is FNAF1: The origional game. Here the AI has been scrapped, along with the marionette doll and balloon boy. But don't be fooled, there are still 5 children after your ass. (Yes 5, Chica, Bonny, Foxy, Freddy, Golden Freddy) Here the place gets shut down yet again, shortly after your job ends, but this time, not for a child missing, but for the disappearance of the phone guy and YOU!

Yes you!

If you remember the FNAF3 after-game, the noctorious purple man comes in and DISMANTLES each and every robot. Then the ghost of what appears to be the marionette comes in and scares him into the spring-trap suit. Sealing his tragic demise. 

But lets NOT forget the pink slips left after the events of FNAF2 and FNAF1. 

The FNAF2 one says: Unprofessionalism in the workspace. Which doesn't mean much. 

But the FNAF1 one is the interesting one! SPECIFICALLY PINNING YOU for the SPECIFIC action of TAMPERING WITH MACHINERY

JUST LIKE THE PURPLE MAN IN FNAF3! 

You are,at first, the purpleman, from the start you have fallowed this place using fake name after fake name to creep into this diner and kill child after child. But in the end, your sick fetish for stuffing children into machines is your downfall as you yourself become trapped, forever, in a smelly Bonny-rip-off-suit. You now roam the halls of a horror park, looking for god knows what, and killing any security guard that gets in your way. 

In FNAF3 however you are NOT the purpleman. You are actually a new guy this time. Your new job is odd and dangerous as you play host to the purpleman's latest hunt and you're haunted by the 5 ghosts that fallow the purple man. 

Who's still sitting there... Trapped in the springtrap suit.... 

A few things. Scott confirmed the seventh night of FNaF 1 is not canon so Mike was not fired in such a way. Also, for Slade, Scott confirmed the animatronics are haunted (by the kids we saw in the ending) and that Phone Guy is incorrect about the endoskeleton. If they did think of you as an endoskeleton, why not the actual one that appears back stage. Also we were never the Purple Man, maybe as Fritz but the other two are not the purple man.

@Stop mocking me0 There's zero chance we are the purple man in both games.The security guards we play as simply lack the required knowledge to be the culprit. The Purple Man knew how to safely get into Spring Bonnie's suit, something that's explained by the audio training tapes from the third game. Mike and Jeremy didn't. Purple Man also knew about the Safe Rooms that the animatronics cannot go into and that are off-cameras, again, Mike and Jeremy on the other hand, did not.

@Nightmare Voyager How can the Phone Guy be incorrect about the endoskeletons when they stuff you into one when you get caught?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140912021724/freddy-fazbears-pizza/images/a/a5/5NAF.png

They stuff you in because the children are haunting the animatronics and want to kil lyou how they died, Scott said that they are haunted themselves, Phone Guy is barely ever right about things such as the animatronics intentions. He says they move because of their servos locking up but in reality it is the children. Also, dont link the picture as if I have never played any of the games, of course I have and I obviously know what happens when you die.

• Administrators

They stuff you in because the children are haunting the animatronics and want to kil lyou how they died, Scott said that they are haunted themselves, Phone Guy is barely ever right about things such as the animatronics intentions. He says they move because of their servos locking up but in reality it is the children. Also, dont link the picture as if I have never played any of the games, of course I have and I obviously know what happens when you die.

Well the Phone Guy tends to lie quite often, or "beat around the bush", so you are right that he is reasonably incorrect. The animatronics don't stuff you into a suit solely because you're an endo-skeleton, but it's better to assume that than tell a newly hired night guard "well these things are haunted and kinda want to kill you for some reason".

And for the record, please watch your tone on that last bit. Providing reason behind a statement is not a form of disregard; perhaps someone else who reads this thread doesn't know about that because they are new to the games or have never played FNaF 1.

@Slade Damn, forgot about those safe rooms! If the tapes and other items were salvaged, they had to have been there for a longer time than we could imagine. I'd like to say that it was boarded up between FNaF 2 and FNaF 1...y'know, different locations and all.

Those rooms are closed off for more than just "budget issues" though; and more so if they appeared in the first game (which the horror attraction is based off of). In FNaF 1, that would mean those rooms are kept locked up because they a) contain the remnants of the past animatronics from FNaF 2 B) have Golden Freddy (or possibly Springtrap's suit or c) something else that management was hiding.

@Rissole25 Good lookout! Never saw the connection, but I knew the layout was similar in some way. I just didn't bother to think twice that it could be the same place. :D

• Administrators

How do we know they didn't know? 

Plus, tampering with machinery is too much of a coincidence to ignore. So either purple guy got him fired, or he is purple guy. 

We don't, actually. But logic tells us that if two new security guards start their shifts with no knowledge on anything about the restaurant or the animatronics, there's no way they could know anything about Springtrap or the rooms. Only the Purple Man could give insight on all these things, because he knew the back end of the locations very well alongside how all the animatronics work.

Tampering could mean anything, like the animatronics going off on free-roam mode and ending up in a location where they do not belong. So they basically shut down wherever they are at, and it looks like they've been moved or "tampered with". We honestly have no idea what happened that last night on watch, so that's up for the fans to play out. :D

Does anyone think that their will be a sequel and if so what will it be? I think their will be and it will be at the sister location, it will go into the lore of the shadow animatronics, the bite of 87 and the Purple/ Phone guys origins and how he took up his mantle as a murderer.

There could very well be a FNAF4. 

It could take place durring the day, where a single security guard is not only responsible for his own life, but  protection of the children around him as well. The last day shows a man in a purple shirt taking kids into the back room, you try to intervene, but get your head bitten off by the golden freddy suit in the back room. 

Okay, so I know the idea of Phone Guy being the Purple man is controversial, but I have a few pieces of evidence as to why he could be.

10062492272fa0db2c022cb878fc99bd.pngacd81adaaa428ff88588fda18ba6a180.pngafddd4d36f1efb37ee607ab250d8ecf5.png

I believe that the mingames we see the first Purple man are set at Fredbears family diner and/ or the pizzeria before FNaF 2. These both show how the five children died and how the child who became the puppet died. That still leaves a child so I am confused a bit but that doesnt take away from the theory. We see the purple man much older in the FNaF 2 pizzeria, he has a phone (I know people say its the lever for the spring suit but... he says it is already inside of the suit) and a golden badge. I believe that the events of the minigames in FNaF 2 could take place both before or after the events in game really. So we can see he has gotten older and now has hunched over a bit, it was a few years after Fredbears. Purple man shows the ability to shut down an animatronic but it is unknown how. He used the Spring Freddy suit to commit the infamous murders of the children who were never found imo and I will get onto why soon.

Next we have FNaF 3. These mingames are set when the purple man is the night guard. I am not sure whether the shadow Freddy is purple man in disguise or not as they lure them to him. What I do know is that the Purple man could have realized the threat of the animatronics and tampered with them much like he had done before. Doing this means he has taken apart the newly restored Animatronics and can return to his post as a night guard (hence the lack of night guard in the minigame) so now he is back in the office, thinking no animatronics will get him. But he begins to hear noises, banging on his door, the toreador march. But he took apart the animatronics? The real reason he took them apart in the first place as because the bodies had disappeared and he was looking for them. Now, its the night four phone call and freaky stuff is happening. He is planning to hide in the GF suit and even makes a hint at this in his call. But then at the right door he notices, a child who he had not seen for many years. "Oh no." He runs to the suit, desperate to survive. Then the bad ending of FNaF 3 pans out. You may also ask, why wouldn't he know the suit is going to kill him and shouldnt it be hidden? Well, two golden suits are easy to mix up, if the Freddy suit was hidden in the wall and Spring Trap left out, a blind panic would make the murderer not see that the suit he has climbed into will seal his fate. The children fade away and I believe the animatronics are restored for a week, though Foxy is beyond broken and is out of order for now. But they still attack you. As we know, the purple man was not dead, or at least his soul wasnt. At some point the building burns down and we get to FNaF 3. 

Thats my phone guy theory of how he is the murderer anyways, please feel free to reply with anythings wrong with this idea.