Zombies Maps And Gamemodes - Ranked And Discussed!

The Most Difficult/Scariest Zombies Map?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey everybody!

The purpose of this thread is to rank each of the maps and game modes playable in difficulty, its "fearsome" feel, innovative elements and even how rewarding the Easter Egg can be in a Reward:Effort ratio. This is my honest opinion and will most likely not reflect anyone else's personal take on any of these maps. Take Origins for example. You have to admit that the first time you played this map Solo, you broke out in goosebumps after activating your first generator or seeing the Panzer Soldat for the first time! =)

Let us start off with the WAW Maps:

Nacht Der Untoten:

Difficulty -             6 / 10

"Fearsome" Feel -  5 / 10

Innovative Elements -

Nazi Zombie Tecture, Mystery Box, Wall Weapons, Points System, Explosive Barrels, Door System, Power-Up-System, Barricades,    Ray GunMax-AmmoInsta-KillDouble-Points.

Easter Egg - N/A

Description - Good old classic zombies! No perks, no Pack-A-Punch, no survivors...

Verrukt:

Difficulty -             7 / 10

"Fearsome" Feel -  4 / 10

Innovative Elements -

Power System, Perk-O-Colas, Electric Traps, Quick ReviveJuggernogDouble-Tap Root Beer, Speed Cola.

Easter Egg - N/A

Description - Electrifying sequel in the zombies franchise!

Shi-No-Numa:

"Fearsome" Feel -  6 / 10

Innovative Elements -

Hell Hounds, Imperial Zombie Texture, Random Perk-O-Cola Generator, Zip-Line Transportation System, Wunderwaffle DG-2.

Easter Egg - N/A

Description - What...are you doing...in my swamp?

Der Reise:

"Fearsome" Feel -  7 / 10

Innovative Elements -

Teleportation System, Bowie Knife (Stronger Melee Weapons), Pack-A-Punch Machine, Monkey Bombs, Carpenter.

Easter Egg - Fly-Trap (No In-Game Reward)

Description - Now this was a scary map...Blueprints of Hell Hounds...Various anatomies scattering the map... 

Stay tuned for Black Ops 1 Maps...

Edited by Pizzaboy5799
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, for the BOI Maps! [Part 1]

Kino Der Toten:

Difficulty -             3 / 10

"Fearsome" Feel -  4 / 10

Innovative Elements -

Nova Crawler Textures, Musical Easter Egg, Thunder Gun.

Easter Egg - N/A

Description - The first zombies map I have ever played, brings back memories of training at the theatre and being "flash banged" after killing crawlers. A well balanced map that features BOI weaponry and textures to ease into the storyline of Black Ops Zombies (without the hassle of a large Easter Egg).

Five:

Difficulty -             9 / 10

"Fearsome" Feel -  7 / 10

Innovative Elements -

Unique Rechargeable Teleportation Devices, Elevator Systems, Pentagon Thief Texture, Initial Dynamic Glass On Barricades, Winter's Howl.

Easter Egg - N/A

Description - One of the hardest maps in Zombie history, with tight corners, virtually untrainable areas and fast paced action! Phew, what a rush!

Ascension:

Difficulty -             6 / 10

"Fearsome" Feel -  8 / 10

Innovative Elements -

Russian Zombie Textures, Monkey Textures, Black-And-White Screen Before Power Turned On, Free Perk Bottle Opportunity In Boss Round Matryoshka DollsGersch Devices, Stamin-UpPHD Flopper.

Easter Egg - 4 - Players Required, No Achievement, In-Game Reward = 90 Second Death Machine, Easy Difficulty.

Description - I hate those monkeys! But the return of the Thundergun was what did it for me...

Edited by Pizzaboy5799

Edited Der Reise difficulty to 7 / 10! (Sorry for the confusion!)

The fearsome level is basically the horrific atmosphere of the map mixed with the initial feelings of playing it for the first few times. Were you genuinely scared with the overall ambiance of the map - such as the colour scheme and sound effects incorporated in Mob Of The Dead - or could you manage without a doubt to regain your composure after a few minutes of playing?

Thanks for the support!

:lol:

I thought Kino DID have an EE, though...

The film reel thing? Granted, there was NO reward, but it was a fun LITTLE thing to do lol

Good job overall tho

All maps have Easter Eggs, just not long quests like in Ascension which is what I think he means.

I thought Kino DID have an EE, though...

The film reel thing? Granted, there was NO reward, but it was a fun LITTLE thing to do lol

Good job overall tho

All maps have Easter Eggs, just not long quests like in Ascension which is what I think he means.

Exactly. I classify Musical Easter Eggs and additional segmented Easter Eggs that do not take a substantial amount of time to complete - and can be done practically every game - as a new breed of Easter Eggs (Enjoyment Eggs)!

=)