mk02b.png

Bonjour, bonjour everyone. :3

My, my. Another very busy year in gaming has ended. All these fancy new next gen consoles are finally upon us, and excellent games - both new IPs and sequels - have been released throughout the year.

Granted, this year was also full of disappointment, failure to live up to promises and downright awful business practices.

Mais, let's quickly forget about that. And let's instead look back at and discuss our favorite games and gaming moments from 2014. :3 

My favorite games of 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Motherf***** dragons !  A beautifully diverse, semi-open world; with a variety of locations ranging from vast deserts to lush forests, windswept coasts and everything in-between. The sheer amount of content in this game is unreal.

As the Inquisitor, you can send agents out into the world, close demon spawing rifts in the sky, and even sit on a giant Throne and judge those who wronged you. Exiling them from the lands or executing them yourself for their crimes Game of Thrones style. Death by exile ! >:3

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Some of the most fun I've had this year. Mainly thanks to the excellent gameplay and the impressive Nemesis system. Nothing felt better this year than tracking down and executing the orc who killed me during a story mission, taunted me and got promoted for it afterwards. It's also super ironic it turned out to be leagues better than the games it borrowed a lot of elements from. Looking at you, Unity and Origins. 

Super Smash Bros Wii U / Mario Kart 8

What can I say about this. It's Super Smash and Mario Kart ! Get some friends, family and your partner together and fire it up. Then brag about your victories all week. >;3

Bayonetta 2

Bayonetta 2 is sexy, over-the-top, ridiculous, elegant, extravagant, callous, you name it. One of the best spectacle fighters and action packed games ever released, period.

So what were your favorite games this year? And are there any games you're looking forward to in 2015? Thanks for reading x !

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With almost 1000 hours played, I think it's fair to say my favorite game of the year was Destiny.

Titanfall was a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to what the sequel will bring. 

My brother got me Far Cry 4 for Christmas, and I've enjoyed it so far. I haven't played it too much but I think I'll keep with that for awhile. It's not great, but it's certainly good.

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 for providing me with over 100 hours of play (possibly 200 by the time I'm completely done). I've very much enjoyed the new coat of paint, redone music, and the extra final mix stuff. 11/10

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor for delivering a solid play experience and blowing away my expectations. I hope to see another Middle Earth game like it in the future. The nemesis system was very cool, and I love the little bits of Middle Earth lore scattered about the game. 9/10 (story could have been better)

• Administrators

Call of Duty: Black Ops II...It has been an extremely baron year for me gaming wise. I am really looking forward to the new treyarch title, Arkham Knight, and Dying light. I need to see if my xbone does anything other than play netflix and invade my privacy.

• Administrators

This was an interesting year for gaming, to which some are calling the worst year in a long time. I won't go that far, but I'm only a few steps behind. Perhaps it's my age, or my changing interests, but first person shooters haven't interested me as much as they used to. Advanced Warfare was great to play, I played the campaign three times and reached level 50 on multiplayer, but it got old too quickly. Thinking I just needed something different, Assassin's Creed Black Flag took my fancy for a while as well, but it got repetitive faster than I would've liked.

Granted, I haven't tried a lot of games in my day. Either video games just aren't taking my heart like they used to or I need to find something new to get me back into it. The hard part is the money, though. When games are $60 each, I'd prefer not to gamble on finding new games. BUT I WILL because I got an Xbox One for Christmas haha, so my hand has been twisted into using it. As for 2015 games I'm looking forward to, CoD 2015 will be a must buy solely for Zombies. Halo 5 may be a buy, and if I can muster pulling out my 360, Bioshock Infinite may be coming my way.

I purchased a ps4 expecting big things, mostly for my kids to play games. Not one title done a thing for me. Maybe I'm just a 40 year old koot that can't learn new tricks. I actually hated zombies at first, I also hated multiplayer cod games. My son got me into zombies via a storyline, I never really understood it but researched zombies and learned a hell of a lot in the meantime, not so much story but how to actually play, I love it because it's simple yet hard and encourages you to become better.

In saying that no 2014 games were worth the money spent as I only play bo2 and bo1 zombies.

Even though it's quite a bit older than just last year, I wanna give a nod to the Mass Effect series. I started playing it at the beginning of last year and it's probably the one and only game I've literally obsessed over since. With at least 10 full playthroughs already, plus a few Mass Effect novelties sitting on my desk and my entire Deviant Art page is practically all fan art, the series officially takes the throne of my all time favorite.