Next Gen zombies. What can we realistically expect?

It would be nice if they would get rid of the completely useless weapons. SMR, China Lake, etc. Not the weapons that have an actual use when upgraded like the war machine, Balistics knife, RPG, etc.

Not asking for every weapon to be a HAMR, just useful. There's still a chance you get an rpg, or war machine, or ballistics knife from the box. They have actual uses when they are upgraded, much like the M1911. You get rewarded for putting up with them. An SMR is always useless.

I like that though. It makes you feel like you wasted your money, and shows that the box is a gamble. 

I agree with Speedo here, but like i've said previously. I also would love the idea of a second upgrade of sorts that could turn some of those seemingly useless weapons into real machines of destruction.  Much like the reward of keeping your 1911 to create M&S, id like to see a situation where surviving long enough with your SMR could have some very useful benefit

I like that idea, not so good weapons can become god tier weapons if you keep them for long enough to upgrade them. Makes the struggle worthwhile. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see much point in hitting the box at high rounds regardless of the quality of weapon for most maps. Origins you're using a staff, MOTD 2x blundergat and Redeemer, Die Rise you've got the sliquifier, Buried the Paralyzer, on Tranzit there's the bank to infinitely bank roll the box.

BO2 made the box useless more or less. Once you have your WW, you never hit it again.

I don't see much point in hitting the box at high rounds regardless of the quality of weapon for most maps. Origins you're using a staff, MOTD 2x blundergat and Redeemer, Die Rise you've got the sliquifier, Buried the Paralyzer, on Tranzit there's the bank to infinitely bank roll the box.

BO2 made the box useless more or less. Once you have your WW, you never hit it again.

But isn't that true for every zombies map ever?   at some point in every game you are going to be satisfied with the weapons you have and the box is no longer necessary.  

But isn't that true for every zombies map ever?   at some point in every game you are going to be satisfied with the weapons you have and the box is no longer necessary.  

Yeah, the point of the box is its a gamble. But if you hit the jackpot and get a WW your set. Also whats the fun of using the same weapons over and over?

But isn't that true for every zombies map ever? at some point in every game you are going to be satisfied with the weapons you have and the box is no longer necessary.

With the relatively low ammo count on pre BO2 WW's, not really. The Thundergun, super powerful, but ran out of ammo quickly, same with the scavenger, or the Waffle. BO2, we had an insta kill WW that had 99 bullets in the ice staff, it creates a 7 second blizzard that kills everything it touches. If you played it right, in an area with limited spawn points, it could kill 40+ zombies per 3 bullets.

Then there is the Sliquifier, a WW that could literally kill an entire rounds worth of zombies in a single bullet.

Much different than a weapon that kills a dozen zombies, and has 24 (?) Shots like the TG.

Anyways the real point is variety. There's maybe 5 guns in the box that don't offend you when you hit it. If all of the weapons were useful, you wouldn't use the same two or three weapons every single game. Different weapons with different styles, and perks. Some might he a high ammo count, others might be really powerful. Some can revive teammates.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

It's not a mystery box if you can select weapons to be in it. You roll the dice, the zombie gods decide your fate. It's that simple.

That's still true in both our ideas. 

We simply want to change what tiles the spinner can land on. Not the amount of tiles. 

Whats the fun of knowing what cards your going to draw before you draw them?

At the end of the day, a good zombies player knows what weapons are in the box anyways. Plus like I said there's 5-10 other guns that are map-specific. 

I know every card in a regular 52 pack of cards, yet I still find joy in poker. 

See I find that more complicated for the players because now they've got to figure out which box is the one they want on the map, get to it, and prey it has their weapon. As for the custom game option,  lets be honest, most of us only RARELY play with custom games, it seems like mystery-box content would be a customization and keep of programing that would go to waste. 

As for the game starting before the customization can finnish, this is zombies not multiplayer, believe me I KNOW from experience that  these lobbies take much longer and almost always require one to ready up. 

Maybe the reason we rarely play custom games is because there was a lack of quality customization options?  By adding really good unique customizations maybe it would be a lot more popular...

Nah it's because it didn't go down in the leaderboards. 

That IS the point of every zombies game sense ahi-no-numa: Get the best weapon, hold off as long as you can. 

Yeah, the point of the box is its a gamble. But if you hit the jackpot and get a WW your set. Also whats the fun of using the same weapons over and over?

Exactly, change your weapon variety, sometimes play with an LSAT, sometimes an RPD, maybe bring in the Origins MG08. 

But isn't that true for every zombies map ever? at some point in every game you are going to be satisfied with the weapons you have and the box is no longer necessary. With the relatively low ammo count on pre BO2 WW's, not really. The Thundergun, super powerful, but ran out of ammo quickly, same with the scavenger, or the Waffle. BO2, we had an insta kill WW that had 99 bullets in the ice staff, it creates a 7 second blizzard that kills everything it touches. If you played it right, in an area with limited spawn points, it could kill 40+ zombies per 3 bullets.

Then there is the Sliquifier, a WW that could literally kill an entire rounds worth of zombies in a single bullet.

Much different than a weapon that kills a dozen zombies, and has 24 (?) Shots like the TG.

Anyways the real point is variety. There's maybe 5 guns in the box that don't offend you when you hit it. If all of the weapons were useful, you wouldn't use the same two or three weapons every single game. Different weapons with different styles, and perks. Some might he a high ammo count, others might be really powerful. Some can revive teammates.

(spoiler) The new advanced warfare zombies allows you to upgrade weapons constantly, so lets see if we can get into the whole every-weapon-is-good bit. 

But isn't that true for every zombies map ever? at some point in every game you are going to be satisfied with the weapons you have and the box is no longer necessary. With the relatively low ammo count on pre BO2 WW's, not really. The Thundergun, super powerful, but ran out of ammo quickly, same with the scavenger, or the Waffle. BO2, we had an insta kill WW that had 99 bullets in the ice staff, it creates a 7 second blizzard that kills everything it touches. If you played it right, in an area with limited spawn points, it could kill 40+ zombies per 3 bullets.

I think you are underestimating the ability of the thundergun/wunderwaffe/wave gun/JGbabymaker2001

at say round 30 solo there would be 100-110 zombies in the round.  If you max out the spawns at 24 zombies, it would only take 5 shots with any of those guns (if used correctly) to clear the round

But the rest of your post i do totally agree with

I think you are underestimating the ability of the thundergun/wunderwaffe/wave gun/JGbabymaker2001

at say round 30 solo there would be 100-110 zombies in the round.  If you max out the spawns at 24 zombies, it would only take 5 shots with any of those guns (if used correctly) to clear the round

But the rest of your post i do totally agree with Maybe i'm not remembering the Waffle correctly. I never used it too much in WAW, and literally one time in BO1. I was a points guy (until they took that away from me!!).

And kind of ditto with the TG. Everyone always wanted it, I always wanted points. It was a match.

I guess though, if you did horde the zombies up, and shoot one bullet for the whole spawn, it would last quite awhile.

Claymores do the same thing fyi. Not into the really high rounds, but for the first 35 or so, if you are given generous amounts of max ammos and stack your claymores that you don't use. Tried that in Tranzit one time, literally made it to 36 before I fired a single bullet. Same with Die Rise, I split between war machine and claymores for 39 rounds.

Its a good fun way to play if you're ever bored of the same ole every game. Explosives only is very fun, nothing like blowing shit up.

It's also fun to play knifes only, although MOTD, and Origins make that a little easier than it should be.

But isn't that true for every zombies map ever? at some point in every game you are going to be satisfied with the weapons you have and the box is no longer necessary.With the relatively low ammo count on pre BO2 WW's, not really. The Thundergun, super powerful, but ran out of ammo quickly, same with the scavenger, or the Waffle. BO2, we had an insta kill WW that had 99 bullets in the ice staff, it creates a 7 second blizzard that kills everything it touches. If you played it right, in an area with limited spawn points, it could kill 40+ zombies per 3 bullets.

at say round 30 solo there would be 100-110 zombies in the round. If you max out the spawns at 24 zombies, it would only take 5 shots with any of those guns (if used correctly) to clear the round

But the rest of your post i do totally agree withMaybe i'm not remembering the Waffle correctly. I never used it too much in WAW, and literally one time in BO1. I was a points guy (until they took that away from me!!).

And kind of ditto with the TG. Everyone always wanted it, I always wanted points. It was a match.

I guess though, if you did horde the zombies up, and shoot one bullet for the whole spawn, it would last quite awhile.

Claymores do the same thing fyi. Not into the really high rounds, but for the first 35 or so, if you are given generous amounts of max ammos and stack your claymores that you don't use. Tried that in Tranzit one time, literally made it to 36 before I fired a single bullet. Same with Die Rise, I split between war machine and claymores for 39 rounds.

Its a good fun way to play if you're ever bored of the same ole every game. Explosives only is very fun, nothing like blowing shit up.

It's also fun to play knifes only, although MOTD, and Origins make that a little easier than it should be. The wunderwaffe at base killed 10 zombies max a shot. If upgraded it was raised to 24 (only on WaW) it stays at 10 on black ops remakes

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Treyarch is teasing a livestream video for this Wednesday at the DICE video game summit for something called Zero Hour.

Tweet: http://twitter.com/Treyarch/status/562318393060364288

Looks like a discussion on the history of zombies at DICE! (Not an announcement.)

http://t.co/inS9qwq3Fr

10:45 AM - 11:05 AM
Muse  
Treyarch’s Zombies: Following the Fun to Win Hearts…and Brains

Mark Lamia
Studio Head
Treyarch

Treyarch broke the mold with their inclusion of Zombies in Call of Duty: World at War, creating a wholly new co-op experience for the Call of Duty franchise. Join Studio Head, Mark Lamia as he explores the highly unorthodox development process behind Zombies, as well as the incredibly unique creative dialogue that the studio has with its global audience of Zombies fans. Learn about the importance of fan feedback and how it contributed to the development of Zombies, and how the mode helped to define the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series of games.

Edited by yourmapper
  • Administrators

Oh right! Dice! 

TBH I'm expecting them to totally beat around the bush and not really answer any questions....

Honestly you're right, because there's no expectation to answer questions. I do expect something controversial, or at least something for us to go off of.

the prime constraint and number 1 problem with "old gen" is. lack of power. as in cpu graphics card and the primary element being ram. ie the memory. lol the xbox 360 has half a gig of ram which is ridiculous to even think or consider. it amazes me on the basis how bo2 runs on such an under powered system! but. with xb1 and ps4 there should be no frame drop really. even if you lit up a horde with say mustang and sally. there should be no frame drop. if it happens that means the hardware the graphics card sucks if it cant maintain good frames. in xb1 or the ps4. or it could suggest bad optimisation lol of the game itself when its due to drop or come out which wouldnt surprise me one bit in all honesty. now on the other hand. when it comes for pc. there should be no issues with frame rates but you may need an absurdly powerful machine to prevent any frame drop or at least 8 gig of ram a good graphics card and motherboard not to mention a powerful or maybe above average cpu im thinking

the prime constraint and number 1 problem with "old gen" is. lack of power. as in cpu graphics card and the primary element being ram. ie the memory. lol the xbox 360 has half a gig of ram which is ridiculous to even think or consider. it amazes me on the basis how bo2 runs on such an under powered system! but. with xb1 and ps4 there should be no frame drop really. even if you lit up a horde with say mustang and sally. there should be no frame drop. if it happens that means the hardware the graphics card sucks if it cant maintain good frames. in xb1 or the ps4. or it could suggest bad optimisation lol of the game itself when its due to drop or come out which wouldnt surprise me one bit in all honesty. now on the other hand. when it comes for pc. there should be no issues with frame rates but you may need an absurdly powerful machine to prevent any frame drop or at least 8 gig of ram a good graphics card and motherboard not to mention a powerful or maybe above average cpu im thinking

I can tell you from playing Destiny on Xbox One, there's a scenario where you can kill 10-20 enemies with one shot, and there is still significant frame drop, just like on 360. I don't think we're going to see larger hordes for that reason. The ability to make larger maps is probably something they'll take advantage of with the new hardware though.

The problem with frame drops is that in order to mitigate them, 3arc would need to make sure all parts of the game are running way above the locked 60fps. That could mean nerfing resolution, textures, effects, etc.

It's not exactly a simple task. For the 10% of the time you experience the drops, the 90% of the game has to suffer.

And that's if it isn't an engine limitation, which it could be.

For zombies, we could play at 720p no problem, with high textures (pc settings), and a solid framerate and have a better experience than 1080p, high textures, and framedrops. Try to convince the devs of that though.

• 3 weeks later...

The one thing we shouldn't have to worry about on the XB1 & PS4 in Zombies, should be getting kicked from a game due to G-Spawn or too many entites. As well as the amount of times hitting the box.

For instance on "CoTD" the reason round 100 isn't possible is for the fact the Scavenger/Hyena Infra-Dead starts taking multiple shots on Round 34. Thus making you roll the box at the end of & middle of the round for a vast majority of the game.

As for something I would like to see in COD 2015, definitely a Zombie counter. As well as not making the side quest forced upon you every single game in order to get to any round past 40. I also hated the fact that every map on Black Ops II outside of "NukeTown" & the individual "Transhit" survival maps

took at the very least, an hour to get setup for a solo high round run.

I understand what 3arch was trying to accomplish by doing this, making it more story driven. By doing so they made the game less enjoyable & in my eyes took away from the replayabiliy.

Don't get me wrong I thoroughly enjoyed it at the time. I spent 100s maybe even 1000s of hours doing so, but it's definitely not something I'd like to experience again.

Being a solo high round player I definitely feel as though they should go back to the days of Black Ops I. A time when you could start up a game & be In the high 30s to low 40s in about an hour (Or the same amount of time it took to get setup in Black Ops II). If you died you immediately started another run as opposed to saying F*** this & just cutting the game off.

The "Side Quests" are there but not forced down your throat in order to go to a high round. They tried fixing something that wasn't broken!

Sorry for the rant, having played Zombies since W@W I needed that...

• 3 weeks later...