Next Gen zombies. What can we realistically expect?

My guess that's just due to resolution and camera angle ballocks. There's bound to be misty areas (like the novas from kino, not the fog from tranzit) and don't forget. This has to be ported back to the 360 and PS3 consoles  :rolleyes:

This may be good though. This way, those who still have PS3 and 360 consoles can get their zombies if the next game is next-gen only. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texture quality would be similar to AW's MP mode, probably better. So we should be good graphics-wise. Game being cross platform doesn't matter much, lowering texture and render resolutions takes a few seconds.
(Click images for full 4K resolution)

image.png

image.png

image.png

I think this cod needs to be next gen only, they need to make that step and move to next gen because otherwise what is the point of having my xbox one? Next gen was meant to be this big thing with better games and stuff but why did I spend a good deal of money on my xbox one? If anyone can take the next step its 3arch, they've got the time to do it considering the new development cycle. I know its not fair to last gen but then why is there even these new consoles? 

• Tech Admin

It's no different from the Spectrum 64k to the 128k, commodore 64 to the Amiga, NES to the SNES to the N64, PS1 to PS2 to PS3. They will always have an overlap and games will still be produced for the previous console, they are still making money from them and until it doesn't become feasible financially; they will still make them.

The next COD will be made for both consoles, the 2nd half of the year is likely to be when studios/publishers say it's no longer financially viable to produce for both.

• Administrators
Exactly. Sure, the rate that Xbox One's are being bought are increasing very fast, but there are still plenty of people why buy and play Call of Duty on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. I personally don't see it as plausible that Treyarch goes next generation only for this game.

Last gen game sales are way down. People talk about the 160 million people who have ps360's, but that's illogical. At least 28 million of those owners have moved to next gen, and by the end on the year, it should be 50 million easy. Then you have another group who own the consoles and also own a pc, and a group like myself, and probably millions of early 360 owners who contributed 2, 3 or even 4 of those consoles personally.

It's illogical to continue making games for the ps360 gen at this point. We are 3 years out (almost to the day) when COD 2015 lands since the gen launched.

When each new zombies map has come out, there's always several comments to the tune of "why didn't they put the AK-47 in the box?" Or "where is the PPsh?" and so on and so forth.  With the increased capabilities of next gen consoles do you think there might be a chance to expand the amount of weapons they include in each map?  might we see some old favorites return?  Id love to see an increased variety

When each new zombies map has come out, there's always several comments to the tune of "why didn't they put the AK-47 in the box?" Or "where is the PPsh?" and so on and so forth.  With the increased capabilities of next gen consoles do you think there might be a chance to expand the amount of weapons they include in each map?  might we see some old favorites return?  Id love to see an increased variety

One of my favorite ideas was a mystery-box that actually expanded via DLC, Unlockables, and in-game-purchase. How it would work is there's a "box" selection on the front screen and in lobbies. The box will allow the player access to change 10 of the 15-20 weapons in the box. The other 5-10 remain map specific and can't be changed. 

The 10 gun slots would have different respective types, allowing one to swap a weapon for a similar weapon based on preference: 

-Pistol

-SMG

-LMG

-Sniper

-Shotgun

-Rifle 

-Tactical Grenade

- Launcher

-Tactical (Crossbow, ballistics knives, ect.) 

-Ray gun (Only allows to be swapped with a ray gun M2 should one have the DLC. The ray guns maintain their normal flaws with the M1 being hurtful and less useful but the M2 being rarer in the box) 

You of course would NEED to fill in every weapon slot and as one progresses they unlock different kinds of guns, some with more amo, some with better accuracy, some with faster firing, some with quicker reload time, but  none that are too OP then the others. It's like the difference between the python and Remington NMA, or the RPD and the LSAT. 

This way treyarch could infinantly expand the amount of weapons in the box, without making the box too cluttered or too complex. 

One of my favorite ideas was a mystery-box that actually expanded via DLC, Unlockables, and in-game-purchase. How it would work is there's a "box" selection on the front screen and in lobbies. The box will allow the player access to change 10 of the 15-20 weapons in the box. The other 5-10 remain map specific and can't be changed. 

The 10 gun slots would have different respective types, allowing one to swap a weapon for a similar weapon based on preference: 

-Pistol

-SMG

-LMG

-Sniper

-Shotgun

-Rifle 

-Tactical Grenade

- Launcher

-Tactical (Crossbow, ballistics knives, ect.) 

-Ray gun (Only allows to be swapped with a ray gun M2 should one have the DLC. The ray guns maintain their normal flaws with the M1 being hurtful and less useful but the M2 being rarer in the box) 

You of course would NEED to fill in every weapon slot and as one progresses they unlock different kinds of guns, some with more amo, some with better accuracy, some with faster firing, some with quicker reload time, but  none that are too OP then the others. It's like the difference between the python and Remington NMA, or the RPD and the LSAT. 

This way treyarch could infinantly expand the amount of weapons in the box, without making the box too cluttered or too complex. 

Love the idea for the most part, other than the fact it seems like a lot of work on the user's end.  Now I love customization so it would be right up my alley, but i can see where some people wouldn't like it being that complicated.  Or the situation i find myself in in MP sometimes where i'm trying to make a new class and the game starts before i can finish it.  

Anyway let me throw out a similar counter-idea.  Multiple box locations.  So with next-gen it is not crazy to think that we might have some actually bigger maps (not tranzit pseudo-big)   what if there were different sections of the map that had a separate box?  Or even less complicated than that, what about just custom games options to choose the box contents.   So like just as we could choose "magic" "headshots only" etc. in BO2. how about the option for "mystery box contents"  and you could choose between WaW, BO1, and BO2, and 2015 COD  as your choices.  so we could play in custom modes a new 2015 cod map, with the old WaW weapons.

Hell, I would easily pay $5 for a DLC pack of classic weapons for zombies.  in a heartbeat i would

See I find that more complicated for the players because now they've got to figure out which box is the one they want on the map, get to it, and prey it has their weapon. As for the custom game option,  lets be honest, most of us only RARELY play with custom games, it seems like mystery-box content would be a customization and keep of programing that would go to waste. 

As for the game starting before the customization can finnish, this is zombies not multiplayer, believe me I KNOW from experience that  these lobbies take much longer and almost always require one to ready up. 

It would be nice if they would get rid of the completely useless weapons. SMR, China Lake, etc. Not the weapons that have an actual use when upgraded like the war machine, Balistics knife, RPG, etc.

Not asking for every weapon to be a HAMR, just useful. There's still a chance you get an rpg, or war machine, or ballistics knife from the box. They have actual uses when they are upgraded, much like the M1911. You get rewarded for putting up with them. An SMR is always useless.

It would be nice if they would get rid of the completely useless weapons. SMR, China Lake, etc. Not the weapons that have an actual use when upgraded like the war machine, Balistics knife, RPG, etc.

Not asking for every weapon to be a HAMR, just useful. There's still a chance you get an rpg, or war machine, or ballistics knife from the box. They have actual uses when they are upgraded, much like the M1911. You get rewarded for putting up with them. An SMR is always useless.

I like that though. It makes you feel like you wasted your money, and shows that the box is a gamble. 

I like that though. It makes you feel like you wasted your money, and shows that the box is a gamble.

You would still feel it getting a ballistics knife on round five, or a warmachine on round 3. Until they're upgraded, they are not good weapons.

Maybe have a pro rata mystery box, you can pick 2 favourite guns and 1 tactical out of 20 available. The pro rata is dependant on the amount of zombies spawned on the map.

24 zombies = 950 points to roll the box

1 zombie = 5000 points to roll the box

This is only if you can pick weapons of course, make it more expensive or make it more of a risk for the reward hence keeping it a mystery/ gamble.

The numbers are only an example, obviously some fine tuning would be needed.

Or better yet, keep the points the same. Your chance of rolling a high end item is dependant on the zombie spawn rate, remaining zombies per round. If you roll high risk situations you have a better chance of getting your high end weapons. If you roll the end of the round with 1 zombie left you will always get terrible rewards.

It's not a mystery box if you can select weapons to be in it. You roll the dice, the zombie gods decide your fate. It's that simple.

That's still true in both our ideas. 

We simply want to change what tiles the spinner can land on. Not the amount of tiles. 

Whats the fun of knowing what cards your going to draw before you draw them?

See I find that more complicated for the players because now they've got to figure out which box is the one they want on the map, get to it, and prey it has their weapon. As for the custom game option,  lets be honest, most of us only RARELY play with custom games, it seems like mystery-box content would be a customization and keep of programing that would go to waste. 

As for the game starting before the customization can finnish, this is zombies not multiplayer, believe me I KNOW from experience that  these lobbies take much longer and almost always require one to ready up. 

Maybe the reason we rarely play custom games is because there was a lack of quality customization options?  By adding really good unique customizations maybe it would be a lot more popular...

I agree with Speedo here, but like i've said previously. I also would love the idea of a second upgrade of sorts that could turn some of those seemingly useless weapons into real machines of destruction.  Much like the reward of keeping your 1911 to create M&S, id like to see a situation where surviving long enough with your SMR could have some very useful benefit