Next Gen zombies. What can we realistically expect?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact the N4 are so pathetic makes me want to see more of them, but NOT if that means waiting longer to find out what happened to the O4. 

Look at misty. We know NOTHING about her and the horrible things she's done. Every zombies character has a history, except her. She just showed up with marelton in tranzit at some point. 

What? No really, what gives the impression she ever did something wrong? She is just a farm girl (file name) who was close to her dad. Marltons some geeky scientist- or maybe an engineer given his file name, Russmans a former Black Arrow operative- and a hobo who likes giving candy to children and Samuel is a conspiracy theorist reporter (file name) who ate flesh. 

Now tell me by the third map that the O4 were in, Kino der Toten, did we know about there back stories that much? Probably about the exact same. We know more about Richtofen like we do Samuel at this point. Three maps, not at all a good amount of time to expand on their characters, Treyarch wouldnt want to stick to the same O4 forever, remember they are people too and want to shape the game not just to what the community wants.

I don't think they will change zombies from 4 players to 8, its just not how zombies was meant to be. 4 new characters are definitely going to happen in my eyes, but the O4 have to make more of a return. I found it nice having the break of the O4, it made Origins all the more exciting,but having to wait again won't work.

Well zombies wasn't meant to be a pvp style either, and grief turned out all right.

I know a lot of people would say oh having 8 people would make it too easy, but imo depending on the map it would be harder.

Imagine trying to have 8 people running a train on smaller maps, let alone one of the BO2 survival maps.

Even a big map like Tranzit with unique training locations would be hard for 8 people.

Camping could prove more effective, as would strategies like the bridge on MOTD, but the common strategy of training would suffer greatly.

But 8 player survival changes zombies in a big way. It makes looking for people to play on public match harder, if you want to get a full group its harder. It isnt classic zombies, if there was a separate mode with 8 players thats alright but they wouldnt change zombies in that way.

But 8 player survival changes zombies in a big way. It makes looking for people to play on public match harder, if you want to get a full group its harder. It isnt classic zombies, if there was a separate mode with 8 players thats alright but they wouldnt change zombies in that way.

Unless you get a dead lobby, or low player count map, finding people is never very hard. Deciding whether to play with them or not can be. But that's a personal preference.

Even most of the time grief takes under 2 minutes to fill up with 100 people playing.

Besides if it's like it is now, you could start a game with anywhere from 2-7 people, and not even need an 8th.

Unless you get a dead lobby, or low player count map, finding people is never very hard. Deciding whether to play with them or not can be. But that's a personal preference.

Even most of the time grief takes under 2 minutes to fill up with 100 people playing.

Besides if it's like it is now, you could start a game with anywhere from 2-7 people, and not even need an 8th.

I am still not very fond of 8 player being a thing, unless its not the main mode.

I am still not very fond of 8 player being a thing, unless its not the main mode. Imo as long as the maps weren't designed around the idea, it could provide a good challenge.

That said, there are obvious problems, like getting a good team together, the zombie count would have to be way higher too.

It won't happen, but it could be fun. 6v6 grief doesn't seem out of the realm of reality though.

Oh yes, 6v6 Grief would be very fun. I also think 3arch should just make matchmaking in general better, like when in Grief you have three players on each team, it should start a game.

Oh yes, 6v6 Grief would be very fun. I also think 3arch should just make matchmaking in general better, like when in Grief you have three players on each team, it should start a game.

Yeah a ready up option with at least 4 people would be so much better.

I am praying for dedicated zombie servers. P2p for grief mode especially is terrible. But the game as is sets oUT to (seemingly) find the worst host possiblE

uote name="Nightmare Voyager" post="1718596" timestamp="1421524473"]Oh yes, 6v6 Grief would be very fun. I also think 3arch should just make matchmaking in general better, like when in Grief you have three players on each team, it should start a game.

Yeah a ready up option with at least 4 people would be so much better.

I am praying for dedicated zombie servers. P2p for grief mode especially is terrible. But the game as is sets oUT to (seemingly) find the worst host possiblE

If they did dedicated zombies servers, pigs would literally soar through the sky.

Haha that's the spirit! So no shot eh? Too bad, zombies more than multi would benefit far more. A little lag in multi isn't that big of a deal in my experience, in zombies it ruins the game.

You never know,we could wake up tomorrow with pigs flying and dedicated servers. We can dream!

Haha that's the spirit! So no shot eh? Too bad, zombies more than multi would benefit far more. A little lag in multi isn't that big of a deal in my experience, in zombies it ruins the game.

You never know,we could wake up tomorrow with pigs flying and dedicated servers. We can dream! With MS offering Azure servers to devs, especially a game like COD, it might happen. MS needs to have something going for XB1 compared to PS4. That would get me to switch in a heartbeat.

At the moment they have earlier DLCs which is a shame for play station players

It's only a bother for the first one. After that it is the same amount of time.

Actually it might even be a good thing in the event there was ever a crippling bug. Let the beta testers have at it, and let 3arc know what's wrong.

Thats a good point, I have never seen anyone have a positive view on it.

At the moment they have earlier DLCs which is a shame for play station players

It's only a bother for the first one. After that it is the same amount of time.

Actually it might even be a good thing in the event there was ever a crippling bug. Let the beta testers have at it, and let 3arc know what's wrong.

Thats a good point, I have never seen anyone have a positive view on it.Don't get me wrong, i'd love to have the maps at the same time. If I was an EE hunter it would be detrimental for sure, but if there were ever a serious bug that needed time to fix, that exclusivity wouldn't mean much.

Edit: Just for clarity, I don't mean a glitch like a shield glitch, but I mean something like what has been happening with Assassins Creed Unity.

If it takes 2 weeks to fix, or a month, or hell some games can take months to fix. Even Halo MCC is still a work in progress, and i'm still waiting for PS plus Driveclub...

3arc, imo is a much better studio than 343, or Evo, but still many glitches have found their way into Zombies.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

I hope there is still a ps3 port.. At least this last game. After this I have 3 years to get a ps4 for zombies

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

dude... i know this may not work for you, and i'm not judging or anything, but you can get a PS4 this year... if you can believe it you can achieve it!! :D

just save 5 bucks each week.  maybe that means cutting out a daily bottle of soda.  maybe it's eating out less each week.  maybe it means turning tricks on the street corners.. but you can DO IT!!    :lol:  :D  :lol:  :ph34r:

I hope there is still a ps3 port.. At least this last game. After this I have 3 years to get a ps4 for zombies

dude... i know this may not work for you, and i'm not judging or anything, but you can get a PS4 this year... if you can believe it you can achieve it!! :D

just save 5 bucks each week. maybe that means cutting out a daily bottle of soda. maybe it's eating out less each week. maybe it means turning tricks on the street corners.. but you can DO IT!! :lol::D:lol::ph34r: Maybe I can. Unfortunately money is hard to come by with my parents xD

just save 5 bucks each week. maybe that means cutting out a daily bottle of soda. maybe it's eating out less each week. maybe it means turning tricks on the street corners.. but you can DO IT!! :lol::D:lol::ph34r: Maybe I can. Unfortunately money is hard to come by with my parents xD

hehe understandable mate, was just having a little fun ! :D  I would trade the disposable income of adulthood and the buying power it brings for the simplicity of youth in a heart beat!!

just save 5 bucks each week. maybe that means cutting out a daily bottle of soda. maybe it's eating out less each week. maybe it means turning tricks on the street corners.. but you can DO IT!! :lol::D:lol::ph34r:Maybe I can. Unfortunately money is hard to come by with my parents xD

hehe understandable mate, was just having a little fun ! :D I would trade the disposable income of adulthood and the buying power it brings for the simplicity of youth in a heart beat!! Haha. If there is a ps3 port this year I'll be an adult in 2018 at 19 years old that November (as I was born in summer of 1999

See I hate to sound like "that guy", and believe me I can get where you're coming from, but I hope last gen systems burn.

Hopefully for people in your situation, PS4/XB1 go below 300 bucks this year.

*Substitute teacher "Thadeous" Hacks my account: 

"MATH TIME!" 

Assuming the game will release around November 15th 2015, that means that 

Jan- 19th (today)-31: 12 days

40 days-end of feb

71days - end of march

101days- end of april

132days- end of may

162days- end of june

193days- end of july

214days- end of august

244days- end of september

275days- end of october

290days- nov. 15th. 

The going price for a PS4 is assumed by me to be 350-ish USD. Give or take 40$. 

So, you need to make 350$ in 290 days. You need to make 1.20$USD a day. That's less then 2 dollars a day. 

Make a schedule and get a jar for coins. Ask your parents for a 2$ a day allowance. To them this is nothing. To you, this is an investment. 

Getting 2$ a day would get you 580$ by Nov. 15th if I've done my math right. That gives you money for the console, the game, AND almost a full year's worth of DLC and PSL. 

That is not including any money you've found or been rewarded by other means. 

You can do this. 

*Substitute teacher "Thadeous" Hacks my account: 

"MATH TIME!" 

Assuming the game will release around November 15th 2015, that means that 

Jan- 19th (today)-31: 12 days

40 days-end of feb

71days - end of march

101days- end of april

132days- end of may

162days- end of june

193days- end of july

214days- end of august

244days- end of september

275days- end of october

290days- nov. 15th. 

The going price for a PS4 is assumed by me to be 350-ish USD. Give or take 40$. 

So, you need to make 350$ in 290 days. You need to make 1.20$USD a day. That's less then 2 dollars a day. 

Make a schedule and get a jar for coins. Ask your parents for a 2$ a day allowance. To them this is nothing. To you, this is an investment. 

Getting 2$ a day would get you 580$ by Nov. 15th if I've done my math right. That gives you money for the console, the game, AND almost a full year's worth of DLC and PSL. 

That is not including any money you've found or been rewarded by other means. 

You can do this.

What if he can get six dollars a weekend?