What's up guys, I decided to set up a thread about my favorite game series of all time, Jak and Daxter. I've been watching Let's Plays of the series lately, and the nostalgia is killing me! I'm going to have to buy PS2 wires and all the games again lol. It's also gotten me mad that the series hasn't been brought back. So yeah, are you a fan? Hate it? This thread is for people to talk about the series, think up new game concepts, bring up news about the series, anything you want!

Personally, I'm going to say what so many of us fans agree on: The Lost Frontier isn't canon.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jak II is one of the hardest games I've ever played.

I was so happy when I've beaten the HD version of it since I could never beat it on the PS2.

I got the game at like age 7 after beating The Precursor Legacy, and every time a hard level popped up, I would leave my house and drag my dad's friend over to beat it for me lol. It took me years to beat it myself, which weren't helped by the fact my younger brother always broke my discs. The story was amazing on it, and I wish I had a PS3 so I could just buy the HD version.

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators

I knew there was a thread for this. ^^

Yo, @jiipee95. Check this out.

Now this got me thinking the games get released on yet another plattform, which means: There has to be a demand for it, right?

Why the f aren't they making a new one at this point? Cause let us be real here: Jak and Daxter have given me more enjoyment than The Last of Us and the Uncharted games. Don't get me wrong I respect those games for what they are. Especially The Last of Us, which, to me, still feels like a game as opposed to the "movies" of Uncharted.

Naughty Dog, if you ever read this (haha) please make a new Jak & Daxter.

4 minutes ago, Lenne said:

I knew there was a thread for this. ^^

Yo, @jiipee95. Check this out.

Now this got me thinking the games get released on yet another plattform, which means: There has to be a demand for it, right?

Why the f aren't they making a new one at this point? Cause let us be real here: Jak and Daxter have given me more enjoyment than The Last of Us and the Uncharted games. Don't get me wrong I respect those games for what they are. Especially The Last of Us, which, to me, still feels like a game as opposed to the "movies" of Uncharted.

Naughty Dog, if you ever read this (haha) please make a new Jak & Daxter.

Yeah there is a demand for games like these, whether it's old gamers wanting to play the nostalgic games again or new gamrs wanting to try out those games.

Personally I like older games more, it's difficult to put a new title above them even if it's good, cause I just don't enjoy it as much, just like you. Last Of Us and Uncharted games are amazing but idk.

Generally I don't like where games have been going recently with increased mount of micro trans-actions in the triple A titles, something that wasn't even a possibility back in PS1 and PS2 era. Dlc packs I don't mind as long as they feel like extra content and not cut content.

And I think it would be interesting to see all kinds of older titles to get a brand new game rather than just remakes, but I also think they're testing how well those will sell and if it's worth it to bring back those characters in new adventures.

Archived