CoDz Leaderboards

Hells Warrrior

• Tech Admin

Hey All,

OK. So the world records database was causing a little bit of misunderstanding. The staff have been having a chat for the past few days and we have decided that the world records database is not proceeding in it's current format.

We will be going ahead instead with a CoDz Leaderboard, this will only be available to CoDz members, you need to have registered to be able to submit anything to it. It will not be accessible publicly, so this means guests or validating members. It won't even be available to the "New Members" usergroup (at least I think this might be the best way).

Without going into the details of what was discussed and why it isn't happening we just feel we should continue to do our own things and what we are good at. We don't have anything against anyone or any website. We just have a vision on where CoDz is going and what we would like to introduce to our members.

The crunch being "our members" - the services and features we offer will be for our members and our members only. You don't need to pay to be a member, we don't ask for cash for member status (although we welcome donations towards server costs).

So basically, the CoDz leaerboard will be for our members to submit their co-op / solo rounds, we'll even add speedruns and fastest easter egg completion sections and whatever we think would be relevant. We'll relook over the rules and what constitutes fairness for being submitted. Obviously certain things won't be allowed, but why not check out how you compare with fellow members on different game modes for call of duty zombies.

Gives you bragging rights on the forums ;)

So from me personally, apologies to everyone for any hassle or confusion. What we are going to do, is basically what we had discussed many moons ago (in fact you'll see leaderboards available on the frontpage). So it's not something new we are doing, just making what we have better utilized within the CoDz membership.

8af5055661ebc4d579e1c0eaf28d061a.png

We'll even see about the design of the database and see if we can jazz it up a little. Thanks for you're understanding folk's, we'll iron out the details about how we are doing this for our members shortly and let you all know.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That works for me. But I am a little upset at the same time as I wanted CoDz to be a central location to host all the zombie leaderboards database.

We all did, but unfortunately the high rounders "community" saw it as an attempt at generating more traffic towards the site and were apparently against the idea. That's cool with us though. If they want to create their own site then good luck to them. We were only looking to offer them a platform, which they would have been in control over might I add.

Either way, they have made their decision and it's done with now. Creating a CoDZ leaderboard system will add a nice competitive aspect to the site that means regulars can compete with each other and can enjoy without treading on other peoples toes, and if anyone happens to get within a genuine top 10/20 spot then they can freely submit it to zombie records or any other site that may appear in the future courtesy of these high rounders.

To be honest I don't see the high round guys ever getting around to making their own site so the only people we would really be seen to be in competition with is zombie records and I doubt they would care. They don't care enough about their own site to care about someone elses.

That being said, I am looking forward to this new addition seeing as I will be picking up an HD-PVR in January and plan on placing myself within the top 10 of as many maps as possible. :D

It's cool DBZ. I can live with that. Haha. Anyways I still need to round 50 on Five, and I have a Elgato Haha. It has been a while I played high rounds man, I miss some of our regulars like @GRILL @inestlithium and @flammenwerfer  ;)

Our last 4 player on Origins was untouchable. HaHa ou guys can only dream what we achieved and how many records we broke, individually and as a team hahahaha

Sorry about the coffee overdose.

@jay where you at bro?

Our last 4 player on Origins was untouchable. HaHa ou guys can only dream what we achieved and how many records we broke, individually and as a team hahahaha

Well, across all boards on BO1 and BO2 I think you are only above me on one leaderboard so you might want to put that coffee down, fire up your 360 and get practising bud. :P

never been one to go past 100 due to smelly servers kicking me all the time but once I get my PVR I will be going local in my games and definitely plan on getting a decent placement within the CoDZ leaderboards. Gonna be tough to top them though with guys like Dhaniska, Lawton, Chopper etc using the site but it will be fun trying.

I love love love this idea.

Couple of questions.  What kind of evidence will be necessary to offically be placed on leaderboards?  Although I'd love to, I don't have the capacity to record games, thus end game screenshots or small phone videos is as good as I could do at the present moment.  (Maybe the new game in 2015 will have an "export" feature for theater videos to directly export it to a dropbox or other file sharing service  :)   )  

love the idea! personally i think zombie records is a pile of poo anyways.  they have set rules for some of the speed runs and they approve em regardless, for example "must have 2 spawn points"  but after watching some of the videos, the entire leaderboard is standing in-front of 1 window for 80% of the rounds.

IMO you need to have 3 spawn points, across the board, every map.  

• Administrators

@the_clay_bird We'll probably impose some kind of round limit. For instance, anything beyond Round 70 would require video proof. If you're on Black Ops II, theater mode should suffice. Live streaming could also be counted as video proof given that you had at least one viewer who can support the high round claim. If no proof can be given for higher rounds, then it just can't be added...unless a note is made that the round is questionable [the area would be denoted with a *].

Anything less than that round will just require an end-game image and/or video. I would like to think that our community is very honest with leaderboards and personal records. :)

• Tech Admin

I love love love this idea.

Couple of questions.  What kind of evidence will be necessary to offically be placed on leaderboards?  Although I'd love to, I don't have the capacity to record games, thus end game screenshots or small phone videos is as good as I could do at the present moment.  (Maybe the new game in 2015 will have an "export" feature for theater videos to directly export it to a dropbox or other file sharing service   :)   )  

To be honest, I've thinking about this, I think what we might do is require screen capture of you're leaderboard to prove what round you have achieved. This isn't going to be something that needs to have "video proof" for everything. However, if you are claiming a high round, I think what @ has aid makes sense.

@the_clay_bird We'll probably impose some kind of round limit. For instance, anything beyond Round 70 would require video proof. If you're on Black Ops II, theater mode should suffice. Live streaming could also be counted as video proof given that you had at least one viewer who can support the high round claim. If no proof can be given for higher rounds, then it just can't be added...unless a note is made that the round is questionable [the area would be denoted with a *].

Anything less than that round will just require an end-game image and/or video. I would like to think that our community is very honest with leaderboards and personal records. :)

Definitely, at the end of the day it's a leaderboard for CoDz and not everybody has access to a capture card. So claiming a round should be easy for them, the database doesn't care whether that round is legit or not and to be honest if you have cheated to get a round 70, it's not really worthwhile submitting it.

I think image proof upto a certain round should be fine, then video proof for anything above it with full gameplay will be a necessity. Fastest easter egg completions, speed runs etc will require video footage of the claimed round.

At the moment, I don't play solo, I play everything co-op because I prefer to play as a team but just to get on the leadeboards, I would play solo as well.

I might even create fields within your profile that can highlight your rounds. I hope to get it up and running in a few days but we have just been really busy with our personal lives and with other projects that we are working on. More news will follow very soon.

• Administrators

Glad to see something like this. I had a high round a few years ago and before I was able to capture a pic or anything, my Xbox shut off, so it's good to know I can put it down without having to replicate it. Because honestly, I'm not the player I was and could never do it haha

• Tech Admin

The leaderboards is now available for everyone to submit personal round or co-op round achievements.

Please have a read of the rules

Pretty simple really, anyone can submit a high round, a high round does not mean it needs to be above 70. It just needs to be your own high personal high round or a co-op high round. Any high round above 70 will require video proof (full gameplay to be submitted).

Pretty straight forward to be honest, any questions or problems, please let us know. It's not a world records database but a round achievement database, high rounds we accept with the relevant proof being required.

Happy to play whenever really.

The Destiny grind has became a bit pointless now so I don't have to play it daily anymore and can still keep up to date with the goings on. Only real purpose to playing now is to rank up with the new tower dweller 'Eris', and I only need to rank up to level 4 with one of my characters and then I will not be doing any more bounties for her ever again. I know right now for sure I will not be buying any more DLC for the game as it is absolutely NOT worth the expensive price tag for such linear content.

Pretty much the plan is to play Destiny once or twice a week to cover the raid and will be playing zombies the rest of the time until this AW DLC drops. I am hoping it will be good as I need something to play until Treyarch drop their next title and it won't be Destiny.

If you are free tonight we can run something.

I shall be watching from the shadows. A bit sad that the twitch community was against this (a lot of them) but it is what it is and I'm still sticking around here, lurking. Have fun people. And you will see me here. ;)

For someone who's accomplished a MOTD reset and highest rd ever on black ops 1 & 2, you may need something that casts a big a** shadow lol

post-135703-141920778303_thumb.jpg

@Hells Warrrior Good stuff. Getting completely fed up with Destiny now and am likely to be abandoning it now for AW zombies, but seeing as that is not due for another 4-5 weeks I would be down to rattle out some co-op zombies with you if you are down?

Same to you @Dahniska I am good to attempt a serious high round co-op run or two if you are interested?

I'm pretty available for playing coop Zombies with friends. If I'm not in a focused high round solo game or unavailable entirely (as will be the case until the end of this year) I am usually up for it, you just have to hit me up and let me know your interest and availability. We can go from there. Next year when I get home I will most likely be playing Buried Solo a LOT but that doesn't put coop out of the options, so hit me up.