Treyarchs next Gen Game

So this is a thought but I'm hoping other people agree. I want the next game by Treyarch to be another World war 1-2 based game. Imagine the next gen graphics of world at war style zombie gameplay with lots of features because of new console limits.

Not much but what do you guys feel to a world war style Next-gen Zombies game. Campaign and multiplayer on the game as well as zombies obviously but its a zombies discussion :P

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I'm convinced that the next game will be back in time, either World War I or World War II. I can't wait for the Zombies experience, and for that reason I think I'm going to get the Xbox One so I can experience that greatness haha.

Recently, the modern warfare scene has been done to death in every game that tries to be COD. Now the future warfare scene is getting light up by shooters.

Logically speaking, past warfare is certainly an option. But remember just a few short years ago, WW was done to death too, so who really knows.

In terms of zombies, since it is completely separate from the campaign, and multi, the game can be set in the future, and zombies can be in the past.

I'm hoping personally for good maps, regardless of the setting, but if I had to choose, i'd prefer a post Origins map. As in close future to Origins.

Please no 4 wonder weapons again though.

Recently, the modern warfare scene has been done to death in every game that tries to be COD. Now the future warfare scene is getting light up by shooters.

Logically speaking, past warfare is certainly an option. But remember just a few short years ago, WW was done to death too, so who really knows.

In terms of zombies, since it is completely separate from the campaign, and multi, the game can be set in the future, and zombies can be in the past.

I'm hoping personally for good maps, regardless of the setting, but if I had to choose, i'd prefer a post Origins map. As in close future to Origins.

Please no 4 wonder weapons again though.

Why? Many people loved having 4 wonder weapons… Better then having no wonder weapon like in tranzit… what's that? There is a wonder weapon? Power weapon? Jet gun? That's a weapon? 

Why? Many people loved having 4 wonder weapons… Better then having no wonder weapon like in tranzit… what's that? There is a wonder weapon? Power weapon? Jet gun? That's a weapon?

Let's put 4 ice staves on transit and watch unlimited rounds. People like the 4 wonder weapons because it's easy. Origins requires no skill, anyone who can get past round 8 s all of a sudden is a round 50 player.

Transit, you have unlimited traps, wide open spaces, and an infinite weapon all that takes skill in which increases every round to adapt. Seems like a much better experience than camping after surviving just 8 rounds.

Let's put 4 ice staves on transit and watch unlimited rounds. People like the 4 wonder weapons because it's easy. Origins requires no skill, anyone who can get past round 8 s all of a sudden is a round 50 player.

Transit, you have unlimited traps, wide open spaces, and an infinite weapon all that takes skill in which increases every round to adapt. Seems like a much better experience than camping after surviving just 8 rounds.

That is complete bullshit, just stating that now.  :lol:

NEVER have I gotten to round 50 with 4 players, even if we had elemental fists by round 17. Combined with the mud, wide spacing and of course the variety of mechs, it takes a lot of skill to maintain a high round optimal. 

Tranzit is equally hard but simply because of the small amounts of running space and huge space between running space. Say you're training in the tunnel. If you go down, it doesn't matter how many ice staffs there are. No one is going to be able to get to you unless the bus  is about to go. Even if you get revived, you're not making it back to jug without going down again, ice-staff or no. 

Origins is the hardest map released for Black ops two, and the second hardest in the series, right after shangri-la. (In my opinion). It has 4 wonder weapons, and it's still hard. Adding more wonder weapons does NOT make things easier. 

That is complete bullshit, just stating that now.  :lol:

NEVER have I gotten to round 50 with 4 players, even if we had elemental fists by round 17. Combined with the mud, wide spacing and of course the variety of mechs, it takes a lot of skill to maintain a high round optimal. 

Tranzit is equally hard but simply because of the small amounts of running space and huge space between running space. Say you're training in the tunnel. If you go down, it doesn't matter how many ice staffs there are. No one is going to be able to get to you unless the bus  is about to go. Even if you get revived, you're not making it back to jug without going down again, ice-staff or no. 

Origins is the hardest map released for Black ops two, and the second hardest in the series, right after shangri-la. (In my opinion). It has 4 wonder weapons, and it's still hard. Adding more wonder weapons does NOT make things easier. 

I would say Origins is quite hard, it takes a long time to get the staffs its not like you can get them on round 1 or something. I think its fun too it balances the challenge I want from zombies and stuff really well.

Wonder Weapons do make maps easier overall; even when the process of acquiring one isn't easy. Try hitting high rounds on Origins without using any of the staffs or Boomhilda.

As for the next game, whatever time it's set in, don't let it be World War 1.

WW's absolutely make the map easier. Look at the Sliquifier glitches, the Ice staff is basically the same thing. Stand in this corner shoot the ground, repeat.

You can have all 4 staffs by round 11, then it's just a matter of killing zombies the rest of the way. The mechs? As in the panzer zombies that are one shot kill with the fire staff, or the giant robots, that don't matter with the golden helmet.

Now i'll give you that the lightning staff isn't particularly powerful, but the other three are hoard insta kills.

Origins is one of the easiest maps in zombies history. If you can survive past the first panzer, you are good until you're bored.

Are you kidding? The lightning staff is the best until you get to round 40 or so. 

There is not a sane sole in the world who will say origins is even within the top 10 easiest maps with you on this one buddy. Mind you, there's been a grand total of 16 maps: 

nact

Verruct

Shino

Der Reise

Kino

Five

Ascension

Call of the Dead

Shangri-la

Moon

Tranzit

Nuketown

Die rise

MOTD

Buried 

Origins

Now, they may say origins is easy, because zombies is easy. 

But lets be honest with randoms: 

You are not going to have all staffs by round 11. You'll be lucky to have A staff by that time. 

In trained groups, sure, but that's not an easy map, that's an elite group. 

Also, panzer is always a pain even if you have a staff. Because you aren't just fighting a panzer. You're fighting zombies. Zombies that will block your path mid-reload and screw you over. Zombies that rubber-band back to RIGHT where you were standing before the lag spike. 

As for the robots. I have not gotten a golden helm in a LONG time. SO many people go TRY HARD for that shovel. Then if I do get the golden shovel I get told to "lay off the digs" so others can get the shovel. By the time that comes around, someone has lagged to death. 

Not to mention, each staff has a major flaw: 

Fire: Does not kill instantly,hit zombies can still approach and feast on you. 

Wind: Is VERY weak, likewise amo sucks. Charged attack does not kill instantly. 

Lightning: If you don't know how to use it, it's the worst staff. Those who can master it's properties know this is the staff to take though. Not good spread. 

Ice: Again: Does not instantly kill zombies, even in it's charged form.

Also, any wonder weapon would break the game the way you've got it set up. Figuratively speaking, one could complete the easter egg on solo, then just run circles in the crazy place with all 4 staffs until they get tired and die. But that won't work because each staff tends to run out of amo long before a max amo can be gotten. 

See, there is an equation for this. On the later rounds, typically, drops you see on one round will be replaced by other drops on the next round. So that's a max amo every 2 rounds. Thing is, when four players are using their staves, all 4's amo is depleting at the same time (Unless you're like me and you save your amo, but then you'll just go down for NOT having your WW out…)  So, by the time the first round is over, on say, 30,  the wind staff is DEAD. The ice staff is half-gone, the fire-staff is half gone, and theres quite a bit of lightning amo missing. By the time you reach the end of the second round you're practically out of amo. Same thing happens in solo because you can't get replenished amo in a gun you're not holding, so even if you suddenly re-gain fire amo, the ice and wind amo is still gone. 

• Administrators

I'm interested to truly see how different the game will be for 360/PS3 compared to One/PS4. I'd like to say I'll see a large difference because of how long they have to work on it, but I'm hesitant. I don't want to get my hopes up too high.

I am not kidding. Origins, once you get past the first Panzer, is ridiculously easy.

All you have to do if you want to go to high rounds is stand in a corner, and shoot the ground with the ice staff.

If you have multiple people, one with ice, one with fire for the Panzers, game over.

Even if you want to run a train, all 4 staffs are very capable of killing a hoard of zombies in one charge, at least for the first 40ish rounds.

Even with randoms, personally, you can have your staff built by round 11, and you become invincible. They may die often, but you won't.

Origins is just way too easy to get to high rounds, the literal only thing that can screw you up, is running out of ammo.

And I hope they don't make the next map (s) big just to be big. A big map is fine, if there are actual reasons for it to be big. Not like Tranzit, which was just big because it was big.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

I am not kidding. Origins, once you get past the first Panzer, is ridiculously easy.

All you have to do if you want to go to high rounds is stand in a corner, and shoot the ground with the ice staff.

If you have multiple people, one with ice, one with fire for the Panzers, game over.

Even if you want to run a train, all 4 staffs are very capable of killing a hoard of zombies in one charge, at least for the first 40ish rounds.

Even with randoms, personally, you can have your staff built by round 11, and you become invincible. They may die often, but you won't.

Origins is just way too easy to get to high rounds, the literal only thing that can screw you up, is running out of ammo.

And I hope they don't make the next map (s) big just to be big. A big map is fine, if there are actual reasons for it to be big. Not like Tranzit, which was just big because it was big.

Also if you manage to get say a Raygun Mark II or even just a really good weapon like an LMG from the box, the Panzer is no problem.

See I almost NEVER hit the box in origins. I ALWAYS end up opening all the doors and being stuck with a B23r----> Mp40---->Staff---->STG-40. 

Due to the HIGH ability to go down I never get mule kick so, the box is fairly useless to me.

Furthermore, lets return to the topic: 

I don't think a WAW2 is ENTIRELY out of the question. It could refer to an alternate World war 2, or world war 3. But elder warfare is gone, it's not worth devoting a whole COD to it. 

NOW, an INTERESTING topic is a WAW mode in which one plays MP with only weapons from the WAW era. That'd be cool, or maybe a DLC that could include a WAW arsenal. 

See I almost NEVER hit the box in origins. I ALWAYS end up opening all the doors and being stuck with a B23r----> Mp40---->Staff---->STG-40. 

Due to the HIGH ability to go down I never get mule kick so, the box is fairly useless to me.

I don't think a WAW2 is ENTIRELY out of the question. It could refer to an alternate World war 2, or world war 3. But elder warfare is gone, it's not worth devoting a whole COD to it. 

NOW, an INTERESTING topic is a WAW mode in which one plays MP with only weapons from the WAW era. That'd be cool, or maybe a DLC that could include a WAW arsenal.

Just so I understand what you mean, you mean a separate playlist for each map? Like "new" zombies, and classic?

If that is what you mean, then I have two schools of thought.

It would be great to go back to the OG perks and weapons, but my fear is that it would fracture the userbase, and make it hard to find games. Would certainly be an interesting experiment though for sure.

Just so I understand what you mean, you mean a separate playlist for each map? Like "new" zombies, and classic?

It would be great to go back to the OG perks and weapons, but my fear is that it would fracture the userbase, and make it hard to find games. Would certainly be an interesting experiment though for sure.

He meant multiplayer as in if it was set in the future or whenever but their is a mode where MP is set in WW2.

He meant multiplayer as in if it was set in the future or whenever but their is a mode where MP is set in WW2. Oh, on a zombies forum, you get my confusion right? Well, I have no horse in that race.

It is a discussion about the next game. But I see your confusion. 

IMO, we shouldn't split the zombies mode to have any thing like that, unless:  there should be a "party roulette" mode in zombies, which allows you to enter a match with randomly picked customizations: First room only, no wall weapons, dogs enabled, no box, head shots only. These things and more would award more towards leveling up then an average match, but obviously could be harder.