Black ops 3: How much zombie content do we want?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only zombies in name and skin unfortunately. I would love multiple zombies games by different developers under the COD umbrella.

Different perks, maps, guns, playstyles, maybe even modes. Zombies is obviously the most popular non mp mode, but they keep trying different stuff.

I was really looking forward to Extinction, bought Ghosts, and the dlc for it, but it wasn't zombies. Not falling for it again.

actually, i don't know if any of you have read it, but there IS going to be zombies in future DLC of AW

That's not trayarch zombies: 

No mystery box

No Pack a Punch

No Perk-a-colas

No richtofen

No maxis

No samantha

No ECT. 

dude, they had just confirmed that zombies was in there, give them time!

(the exo-skeleton might be the replacement to wonder weapons, or box could spit out upgrades for the exo-skeleton. like i said, give them time

I hope no big maps. Zombies are co-op experience. Smaller maps (size of Kino and Der Riese) in my mind are big enough and they keep the action intense and your teammates close enough. With the 3 years they have they could have 3 well refined maps. A lot of weapons and perks are always great to have.

And most of all BRING BACK RADIOS AND smaller Easter Eggs hidden trough out the map.

I also think there should be maps JUST for Grief. Stuff with no story at all, like a Theme Park or something.

The only real problem with just grief maps would be that it would be expensive to make, and based on grief numbers, not many would play it. 3arc would have the numbers in front of them, but by my ps3 count, last game I tried to play, there was about 100 people in farm. I've seen it as low as 70.

But there should be more grief stuff for sure. More maps (even if just cut off parts of other maps), and more stuff to grief people with. The best maps were the smaller ones, keep them small and tight.

Well not ENTIRELY true, it wouldn't be hard to re-create a MP map into a grief map: Bit of debris here, box here, perk there. It could be very possible. 

But I think one of the biggest issues with grief was that it would be bad for your rank if you lagged out. My total town grief maps say I've lost over 50 matches and won, maybe 21. But In reality, I've only legitimately lost like 10-15. The rest are all from lagging out, which is very common in a game which can barely run with 4 people in nuketown. (and for those who don't know, even in town the ENTIRE map of tranzit loads in, missing entities of course: No bus, no out-of-map box spawns or wall weapons. But every texture from the tractor at farm to the chairs in the bus depot is still there. )

Cloud servers would improve this greatly (I think that was a part of the Xbone's upgrade list…)

Well not ENTIRELY true, it wouldn't be hard to re-create a MP map into a grief map: Bit of debris here, box here, perk there. It could be very possible. 

But I think one of the biggest issues with grief was that it would be bad for your rank if you lagged out. My total town grief maps say I've lost over 50 matches and won, maybe 21. But In reality, I've only legitimately lost like 10-15. The rest are all from lagging out, which is very common in a game which can barely run with 4 people in nuketown. (and for those who don't know, even in town the ENTIRE map of tranzit loads in, missing entities of course: No bus, no out-of-map box spawns or wall weapons. But every texture from the tractor at farm to the chairs in the bus depot is still there. )

Cloud servers would improve this greatly (I think that was a part of the Xbone's upgrade list…)

That is the worst part about grief. I don't care too much, but it does still bug me that I have so many losses. And good idea with the MP maps. That could work, albeit some would be too big for grief for sure.

If 3arc followed the idea of separate ranks for each map, rank wouldn't be a problem.

Two words: 

Next-Gen

Another two words and a number: 

3 Year Cycle

yeah, there's no such thing as "too big" anymore. 

They've already stated they're testing domination. MEANING, 

-Guns? Finished (or at least enough to start with) 

-Multiplayer? Working 

-Maps? Some multiplayer maps have been developed.

_Modes? Yep, some of those too!

Surprisingly enough, trayarch didn't procrastinate. With any luck, the remaining budget will go towards zombies and the cloud servers. 

I saw this on outside Xbox and I thought it was brilliant: 

cloud servers. 

Unlike previous games which are limited to the console's ability to process information. The Xbone has the ability to read info from a server cloud, this has it's ups and downs: 

Ups: 

Upgrading can now be done without the need for you to do ANYTHING! 

Upgrading can now be expanded further then before for EVERYONE! 

Downs: This will mean that the cloud is connecting to your server wirelessly… Meaning bad internet connections are even worse now… 

For grief mode there definitely is such a thing as too big. The best maps, or at least the two I liked best were relatively small (farm, mob). A game on Buried could go for years, and town too. Town is not what I would consider too big, just too open.

As for cloud based stuff, simple things can be offset, such as the Drivitars in Forza (ai), so we could see a rise in zombie total, which would be great.

I think zombies should not try to be to big to the point of redundant features, Buried is an example of this e.g. weapon chalks that give you money and the big guy. It should be fun, fast paced and new. I liked Origins and MotD simply because they had many new features in them that were not boring and were fun.

maybe a lounge you can get training in, before the game starts. or heading there when you've bled out

Kind of like the training thing in Advanced Warfare? Stop mocking me0 suggested an idea like this which I thinks pretty cool.

Yeah, basically the whole menu was a replica of Nact, where the help room was the PSN and XBL lobby, the first room was the offline lobby, the upstairs was used for customization and purchasing customizations for survival characters. There was also a music box which allowed one to listen to any song they found in game, a bank to transfer points (to be used in the store for customization or the In-game bank) furthermore one could customize what weapons were in the box and when searching for matches zombies would attack and you'd have every weapon at your disposal (as long as you keep pushing Y,Triangle, or scroll-wheel) Zombies can down you and you do actually have a lobby round score. Furthermore, when other players joined the lobby they too would help fend off the hordes. The lobby's host has the ability to kick unwanted players for the game and one ready's up or checks lobby leader boards by pressing left and right respectively on the D-pad. 

Yeah, basically the whole menu was a replica of Nact, where the help room was the PSN and XBL lobby, the first room was the offline lobby, the upstairs was used for customization and purchasing customizations for survival characters. There was also a music box which allowed one to listen to any song they found in game, a bank to transfer points (to be used in the store for customization or the In-game bank) furthermore one could customize what weapons were in the box and when searching for matches zombies would attack and you'd have every weapon at your disposal (as long as you keep pushing Y,Triangle, or scroll-wheel) Zombies can down you and you do actually have a lobby round score. Furthermore, when other players joined the lobby they too would help fend off the hordes. The lobby's host has the ability to kick unwanted players for the game and one ready's up or checks lobby leader boards by pressing left and right respectively on the D-pad. 

I think this is a very good idea and would help for new players to kind of train and also old players to have some fun.

• 2 weeks later...