Black ops 3: How much zombie content do we want?

I'm sure some have you have heard the recent Vanderhar tweets recently... Honestly I find that's a little weird considering I thought I heard he left treyarch... IDK... Things...

Anyways, he stated he was enjoying domination, this could mean the domination in Advanced warfare, or the domination of the next game.

If it's the next game, that's incredible. That means they've gotten MP to the stage in which it is actually completing some maps! That's so much further then the average rotation! With all this extra time, what do you guys think it will mean for zombies?

On the regular rotation last year we got town, transit, farm, bus depot, nuke town, and the grief modes on launch.

Sure a few of those would be repeated copy and paste BS... But now... There's more then DOUBLE the time put into zombies left then there has been! Hell, we might even see zombies at E3! Not to mention next gen bollocks.

With all this time and possibility. How much do you think treyarch will put into the next zombies experience? How many game-modes? How many maps? Weapons? Buildables? Easter eggs? Tell me!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanderharr? XD he hasnt left it was a false rumor. He said that domination doesn't have a tome limit anymore so I dont think its AW but idk I think with the extra time zombies is going to get a lot better.

With the extra time AND next gen(current gen, whatever) consoles, they better put out some incredible stuff. My only worry is that they may over do it. Or try too hard and create something that really isn't the zombies we all love.

And I agree with BHS, although MotD was probably my favorite map, I hope not to see any more "apparently" irrelevant content like it. Stick to the story. A "break", as Treyarch called it from the storyline shouldn't be nezazarry if the story is good enough.

Another note, no more unanswered occurances. I mean i'd like to have a decent understanding of all storyline elements come the end of the game. With respect to possible cliff hangers or whatever.

Ie what exactly is going on in resolution 1295(wow I still remember map names) that sort of thing should be answered by now.

I'm not saying a little mystery is a bad thing, just don't overdo it

And yeah I'd like to see more launch maps like kino and five and NOT like green run and NTZ.

I'd be happy with smooth gameplay, less bugs. I'd also like an NML style mode on any small maps, or maps with restricted areas to limit size. Just for that extra mode basically But only solo and the option for short gameplay yet hardcore for those who sometimes don't have a spare 8 hours to waste.

Maybe not too many maps as match making may suffer a little a soon as DLC drops.

I'd be really happy if we got the same amount of content as BO1 with more work put into it. 2 good maps and the nice extras like DOA and the secret files that added a little to the story, on the disk. Finally add the decent custom mode they said we'd get in BO2 to add extra life into the maps. Then some good DLC maps that move the story along and always add something new to the game play. If they did BO1 in two years, I'd be happy with that same content backed by an extra year of work. 

I'd be very happy with that. If I let my hopes and imagination fly, I can come up with a few scenarios where I'd be blown away. Most important thing I'd love to see but don't expect to, is if they did a campaign taking place in the zombie universe. I've been on about this ever since BO2, probably to the point of annoying, but its something I really want for myself and think the franchise would really benefit from. A horror twist added to the campaign involving zombies and other 115 creatures would really add some change to the campaign story and gameplay, more so than the exo suits did. Most of the game could still be centered around fighting soldiers, like The Flesh or Group 935 troops, but also involve clearing waves of zombies and maybe some interesting boss characters here and there. Imagine starting the game fighting the zombie outbreak at area 51 where we see the O4 group teleport out of there. Then we are attacked by soldiers sent by the group behind the collars on Tranzit and we have to fight our way out of the base. Then we spend the game as a Majestic 12 commando fighting across the out broken world trying to save the planet and stop these other mystery groups behind the scenes. A campaign like that would be both interesting and different enough from past CoDs, without straying too far from what CoD is. And also help keep the IW and SLH campaigns fresh when they come out.

Then we'd have a good campaign that also allows extra work and material to be put into the zombie mode and still have MP which would be on some interesting maps with possibly some 115 type gadgets and killstreaks added. 2/3s of the game dedicated to zombies? I'd bet money it never happens, but would be very excited to lose that money. 

What would suck is if Trollarch decided to only double MP and Campaign time, and spent the same time as always on Zombies :(

I might be wrong, so sorry if I am off base, but isn't there separate teams for campaign, mp, and zombies.

Like for example, didn't they say MOTD was made by the campaign team?

See this is another reason why I HATE a certain you tuber… 

Trayarch as a whole has to develop in stages, like any game. 

You start with the basic engine, usually left over by games before it. For trayarch it depends if they want a full next-gen game, or if they want to allow last-gen consoles into the mix. If it's next gen only the game will run smother, if it's multi-gen there's a bigger audience but two separate engines have to be produced, or a compatible engine like ghosts and AW (which sucks) 

Moving on, the next thing to be developed is the campaign. They have to have the story set up and ready for that. You'll understand why in the next stage. This does not include character acting and actual animation, it's just the basics. 

NOW, the next thing to come along is the WEAPONS. These would be used through all three game modes and are super important. 

THEN the first two branches are formed. Some people go to work on camp. others on MP. once the MP guys are done, they can move on to the final group: Team Zelinski  The zombies team. 

Basically put, it takes a lot of effort to create the campaign, a lot of effort to create the MP, and then a lot of effort to create the zombies. However once DLC moves around, the Camp. guys aren't doing much, so they move on to help either of the other 2. MP during DLC is also easier due to the fact nothing more then maps and cosmetics are added usually. Zombies does not get any easier, it still needs more voice acting, more maps, and new weapons being put in. Not to mention patches and game modes. That being said, the zombies are usually the last thing to be produced. 

That's how I would think about the system in it's simplest form BTW. I'm not sure if ANY of it actually works like that but that's how I would do it.. 

Well i assume a large studio like 3arc would have guys dedicated to certain aspects of the game.

Then have guys who work on a part until they can't anymore, then move on to another part. For example, you wouldn't hire three separate sound teams to work on one game. You would have one team, and when they finish a section, they would move on to another.

The separate teams would be such as think tank guys, and guys who are dedicated to one thing (perk machines as an example).

Either way, an extra year to bake the game, has got to bode well for the end product. Even if it is hard to wait an extra year..

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

Well i assume a large studio like 3arc would have guys dedicated to certain aspects of the game.

Then have guys who work on a part until they can't anymore, then move on to another part. For example, you wouldn't hire three separate sound teams to work on one game. You would have one team, and when they finish a section, they would move on to another.

The separate teams would be such as think tank guys, and guys who are dedicated to one thing (perk machines as an example).

Either way, an extra year to bake the game, has got to bode well for the end product. Even if it is hard to wait an extra year..

That's a bit too detailed to think about it. 

Sure there's the head guys, think tankers like you said. But then there's the guys who fallow their vision: Animators, Design artists, music developers, coders, and testers. They don't split into groups to design different things like perks and wall weapon chalk outlines. That'd be ridiculous. Their payroll would extend to over 3 hundred people. 

They left a wide open area on the leaderboards, and from a players eyes, it's something that's an easy add.

Add a separate leaderboard for "FIRST ROOM ONLY" for every map, just how they had it set up for NML. Of course eventually for all the maps, but whatever maps are released by treyarch next year will be sufficent.

Just make it a separate gameplay, and none of the doors can be opened. Most, if not all of the smaller, truer maps (NML, nuketown, town, bus depot) don't have "glitch" spots so people cant spam up the leaderboards with bogus rounds. You would think this FIRST ROOM ONLY gameplay would be all but glitch free, seeing as it's literally only a small, confined area and easy to manage.

That's a bit too detailed to think about it. 

Sure there's the head guys, think tankers like you said. But then there's the guys who fallow their vision: Animators, Design artists, music developers, coders, and testers. They don't split into groups to design different things like perks and wall weapon chalk outlines. That'd be ridiculous. Their payroll would extend to over 3 hundred people.

I don't know how accurate Wikipedia is, but it says 3arc has 285 employees. It certainly sounds about right. Ass Creed has a thousand that work on a game, as an example.

It's a big studio, owned by the biggest publisher in gaming, and they also create the biggest game in the world (GTA withstanding).

Perk machines was a bad example, but i couldn't think of anything at that moment. A gun team would be the best example for a shooter likely. The whole job is to create the guns that are in the game, once they're done that, they move on to creating the PAP guns.

• Administrators

I'd really like to see another original Black Ops. The story was intriguing, and yeah it left a lot of questions, but most of them were able to be worked out with lots of effort and thought. That's what I want, a story that's hard to figure out. But only because it takes lots of research, not Black Ops II hard where everything is just weird and seems useless. Even though I believe very little in Black Ops II is for nothing, it's an entirely different kind of frustration than the original. Adding an extra year into development has to help, especially with the story. I firmly believe there's a team that creates the story, maybe not a formulated group, but certainly a few guys who understand it all and create it further, so added time helps them brainstorm. That's what I'm looking forward to.

In Black Ops we had the terminal and Gknova, so I want some more like that.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe just have one big zombies map, but it's free roam. so you can go around the place and form alliances

I like the idea of free roam zombies but it'd be too easy to form trains. And it would basically become Dead Rising.

exactly, that would make it more popular! dead rising 2 has sold over 10,000 copies