killallzombies

What's your favorite band(s)

Donor

System of a Down, Muse, Avenged Sevenfold, Linkin Park and Paramore are my favourites. But I love Queen and Michael Jackson too.

Yeah guys, all of those bands are awesome, especially Avenged sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch and Mudvayne. Happy by Mudvayne is absolutely fantastic, as is War is the Answer by FFDP and Unholy Confessions by Avenged Sevenfold. Great choices guys.

Eminem, Tech N9ne, Young Jeezy...

Great rap choices. I pretty much listen to rap, so mine are Eminem, Tech N9ne, Hopsin, Logic, QuEsT, Slaughterhouse (and the solo work of the members), Snow Tha Product, Kanye West, Macklemore, B.o.B, Justin Timberlake, Skrillex, Fall Out Boy, and many more.

System of a Down goes unmatched in my book. They aren't like any other band, yet each of their songs is very different from all of their others. Plus their songs are basically poetry set to the tune of alternate metal, which is awesome. The lead singer has a solo career which is pretty good too, but his songs are more blatantly political.

Here, enlighten yourself.

others: metallica, linkin park, rage against the machine, led zeppelin.

My all time favourite band is Coldplay. The only real disappointment they have created is Mylo Xyloto and Ghost stories could be better as well, but other than that: 10/10.

Radio Head and Franz Ferdinand are awesome as well. 

Donor

Fall out boy. 

Yes I like a boy band. 

No I do not have posters or even know all their names… 

Admin

Rock

Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Eagles, Smashing Pumpkins, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Guns N' Roses, Foreigner, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Aerosmith, Airbourne, Van Halen, Volbeat, 10 Years

Metal

Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Five Finger Death Punch, All That Remains, Shadows Fall, Crossfade, Staind, Avenged Sevenfold, System of a Down, Killswitch Engage, Motley Crue, Atreyu, In Flames

Hip Hop

Eminem (all around with Rap, really), Kid Cudi, Notorious B.I.G.

Donor

Oh man, where do I begin?

Metallica, Alice N Chains, Tool, Megadeth, Pantera, Iron Maiden, Audioslave, Staind, AC/DC, A Perfect Circle, Disturbed, All That Remains, Arch Enemy, Opeth, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Guns N Roses, Blue Oyster Cult, etc, etc. 

I could go on forever, really.

Bold = Main influence.

And a little something I did once with the old band:

Clicky

I'm much of a metal guy, so...

My current favorite is Stratovarius (i say current because sometimes it changes, and you know it), but i can't leave behind Metallica (first band i got into), Judas Priest, Helloween, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Slayer, Avantasia, etc.

And a bit of underground as well, like Slasher (on my profile pic), Ostura, Ayreon, Caladan Brood...

Edited by Zetha

Queens of the Stone Age are my favourite band, but I listen to most things.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

good man

Also Them Crooked Vultures side project was fantastic

System of a Down goes unmatched in my book. They aren't like any other band, yet each of their songs is very different from all of their others. Plus their songs are basically poetry set to the tune of alternate metal, which is awesome. The lead singer has a solo career which is pretty good too, but his songs are more blatantly political.

Here, enlighten yourself.

others: metallica, linkin park, rage against the machine, led zeppelin.

She's Like Heroin is the best song ever written. You ever listened to it Ej?

Mr. Jack by SOAD is also really good.

10 Years, ax7, Seather, Atreyu, Iron Maiden, The Roots, STP, Soundgarden, Disturbed, Dio, older linkin park, the most original band ever System of a Down, 30 secs to mars, skynyrd, rise against, ffdp, and the list goes on lol

I've been hooked on these 2 for awhile, gr8 written rock tunes

http://youtu.be/BuTxkDBZnaY

He released that song, 2 weeks after his divorce lol.... That's real talk

http://youtu.be/x6GbCx3wnWc

That bass line along with Bruce is incredible "something vivid comes again, into my mind"

Edited by mralways1

Avenged Sevenfold, any project Arjen Anthony Lucassen's pioneered (basically Ayreon, Star One, his solo album, The Gentle Storm, Guilt Machine. That's 5 bands, really.), (some) Rush, Dream Theater, Crown The Empire (I honestly loved their recent album. Perhaps one of those rare metalcore bands that is actually GOOD), Behemoth (The Satanist is my album of the year right now), Dethklok (woo Metalocalypse woo), System of a Down, and most other music that comes my way that I like. When it comes down to music, I can be very laid back with it.

Donor

Muse, Queen, Kaiser Chiefs and Arctic Monkeys.

I listen to so much music, and I like so many bands. My favourites: Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark (OMD), Fleetwood Mac, Sparks, Roxette, Goldfrapp, ABBA, Thin Lizzy, Blondie, Florence + The Machine, The Specials, etc.

My favorite singers are: Lindsey Buckingham, Terry Hall, Kate Bush, Gwen Stefani, Agnetha Faltskog, Per Gessle, etc.

A lot, if not all, my heroes are musicians :).

I will probably also ask in the Chicken Sandwich thread but if I were to upload a vocal cover of a System of a Down song would anyone be interested? I'm good at singing, it's a new passion of mine, and I saw them in a few peoples' lists. Song recommendation?