2015 Zombie Perks/Weapon Levelling System!

AshMedley

NOTHING IS OFFICIAL - ALL MY IDEAS

Contents in my post Idea:

1) "The Main Idea"

2) "The XP System"

3) "Rewards for Levelling Up"

4) "Experience for the Levels"

5) "How do friends see them?"

6) "Achievements Involved"

The Main Idea:

To allow for your loyalty to playing the zombies mode throughout the year, why not have a system for levelling up your weapons and perks. This has been designed so the zombie pros who get high rounds get little bit extra and those who continue to play the mode do too! All of  your weapons will have their own level while the in-game perks will have one level for all the perks. Using the weapon and perks a lot will eventually make them better and much more useful and keeping the same weapon for longer periods of time will too.

The XP System:

Weapons:

Each weapon will have a separate level like used on a few of Call of Duty's Multiplayer game modes how ever this is a little different. To get a weapon from level 1-2, it requires 100XP. To get to high levels it needs more, level 5 would require 5000XP for example. How do you get XP? Here is my list of gaining XP for that weapon.

-Buy the Weapon (or acquire it from the Mystery Box): 10XP 

-Buy Ammo for the weapon (Max Ammos not included): 5XP

-Killing a Zombie: 10XP per Zombie, 20XP per headshot, 50XP Special Zombie kill! (These all double if the weapon is Pack-a-Punched!)

-Pack a Punching a Weapon: 100XP for the Pack a Punched Weapon

-Buying Pack-a-Punched Weapon Ammo: 50XP

-Not swapping a weapon (Keeping a weapon): 25XP per 5 Rounds!

-Hit-Markers: 1XP per hit (Unsure about this one)
-Special rewards, 100 zombie kills in one game (with one weapon) for example: 100XP
-Higher Rounds, higher rewards: Round 30 or higher are double XP for "Killing a Zombie" section

Perks:

All the perks are on one progression bar (Levelling up system). This levelling up system is a little bit harder than all of the weapons as the rewards are much better. Here's a few ways to gain XP.

-Buying Quick Revive: 30XP (10XP solo)

-Buying Double Tap: 40XP

-Buying Speed Cola: 60XP

-Buying Juggernog: 50 XP

-Buying Stamin-up: 40XP

-Buying PHD Flopper: 40XP

-Buying Deadshot Daiquiri: 30XP

-Buying Mule-Kick: 80XP

-Buying Tombstone: 40XP

-Buying Who's Who: 40XP

-Buying Electric Cherry: 40XP

-Buying Vulture Aid Elixir: 60XP

-Buying any new perk not out yet: (How to work out the cost): 2(CostofPerk/100)

-Having a Perk without going down: 40XP per 5 rounds for each perk

-Having Maximum Perks: Having 4 (or more) perks doubles the XP for each perk for the "every 4 rounds" section

-Higher Rounds, higher rewards: Round 30 or higher gives you double XP

Rewards for Levelling up:

Weapons:

The Weapon is only allowed to start with one of the Attachments unlocked. The Levels get much harder to get each time which is why rewards may seem to be at a lower level but it will be hard to acquire these.

(This does not effect Wonder Weapons and there is NO prestige)

Level 1: This is the default level for each weapon.

Level 2: 5% increase on the levelled up weapons point income. 100 points for a head shots become 105.

Level 3: Allows the Weapon to automatically come with an upgraded sight. You can chose a Weapons starting attachment in a settings area before the match.

Level 4: 5% less Weapon Recoil for the levelled up weapon.

Level 5: 5% extra increase in point income become 10%.

Level 6: Allows the gun the Fore grip attachment lowering recoil dramatically on shot guns and light machines guns. still effects Other Guns.

Level 7: Increases player movement speed and duration by making the levelled up gun 5% lighter.

Level 8: (THIS ONLY CHANGES APPEARANCE NOT PERFORMANCE) The Weapon is given an optional skin, give it the classic World at War feel. The weapon will look old and slightly damaged.

Level 9: Extended Magazine Attachment is now available. The weapon will start off with 50% more Bullets per magazine!

Level 10: Bullet damage increases by 5%.

Level 11: 5% extra decrease in weapon recoil. Now at 10%.

Level 12: (THIS ONLY CHANGES APPEARANCE NOT PERFORMANCE) The Weapon will now have another optional skin. You now have the choice for a futuristic clean look for those Black ops 2 fans.

Level 13: An extra 15% on point increase, totalling an impressive 25% point rewards for Weapons. 100 point head shots become 125.

Level 14: The weapon unlocks another optional attachment, Muzzle Brakes, allow for more range on the weapon.

Level 15: Shot speed increases. Single fire weapons can be fired quicker, automatic weapons become slightly faster and the time between shots on bolt fire or slow firing weapons shortens.

Level 16 (Submachine guns and Rifles): Grenade Launcher attachment is now available.

Level 16 (Pistols): Dual wield

Level 16: (Shot Guns): Bullet Damage increases by 5%
Level 16 (all the others): Recoil decreases by an extra 5%. Now at 15%.

Level 17: 10% extra bullet damage, now at 15%. (20% for shot guns)

Level 18: Your point increase becomes 50%, another 25%! Headshots with this gun are 150 points instead of 100.

Level 19: Your Weapon will replenish a magazine worth of bullets at the end of a round.

Level 20: (THIS ONLY CHANGES APPEARANCE NOT PERFORMANCE) Your Weapon is giving few new skins for your weapon. Including Apocalypse which gives the weapon a destroy blood stained appearance. 

Level 21: Your weapon is now able to have two attachments from any unlocked ones.

Level 22: Increases players movement speed and duration by making the gun an extra 10% lighter. Now being 15% lighter.

Level 23: The Reload speed of the Weapon increase by 10%! Lovely extra for you speed cola fans

Level 24: Weapon costs lower. This weapon will be 10% cheaper to buy, upgrade and by ammo for! If this gun comes out of the box, once you receive the gun you are refunded 95 points to allow this to work.

Level 25: (THIS ONLY CHANGES APPEARANCE NOT PERFORMANCE) You gain a few more skins for your weapon. This includes the Royal skin, parts of the gun appear a clean wooden with a few golden areas. 

Level 26: The Flame thrower attachment is available for all guns it works with.

Level 27: Gun swapping and knifing become 20% quicker for this weapon.

Level 28: Weapon Costs lower again to 20% cheaper to buy. Same as before. you now get refunded 190 points if you gain your weapon from the mystery box

Level 29: Points increases to 75%.

Level 30: Bullet damage for your weapon jumps to 50% extra damage. (55% for shotguns)

Perks:

All perks share one levelling up system. This is because some perks not on some maps.

Level 1: Default

Level 2: Quick Revive is 5% faster to revive.

Level 3: Double tap gun fire rate increases by an extra 5%

Level 4: Speed Colas reload speed increase doubles

Level 5: Speed Cola and PHD increases in chance in any form on random perk system like in Origins.

Level 6: PHD Flopper explosion range increases by 5%

Level 7: Electric Cherry's explosion radius increases slightly

Level 8: Mulekick comes with an increased weapon swap speed.

Level 9: Stamin-Up effects increases by 5%

Level 10: Juggernog will allow an extra hit before death.

Level 11: Quick Revives 5% increases from level 22 becomes 10%.

Level 12: A 5th Perk slot becomes available 

Level 13: Random bottle perks become more common in games.

Level 14:Perks decrease in price by 10%. Speed Cola becomes 2700 for example.

Level 15: Randomiser is unlocked. You spawn with a random perk (excluding Juggernog, Speed Cola and Mulekick)

Experience for the Levels:

XP continues and doesn't reset to 0 each level. The levels become very hard so the levels last and feel much better once accomplished.

Weapons Level XP:

Level 1: 0XP

Level 2: 100XP

Level 3: 200XP

Level 4: 400XP

Level 5: 750XP

Level 6: 1150XP

Level 7: 1600XP
Level 8: 2100XP

Level 9: 3000XP

Level 10: 4000XP

Level 11: 5250XP

Level 12: 7500XP

Level 13: 10000XP

Level 14: 14000XP

Level 15: 19000XP

Level 16: 25000XP

Level 17: 31500XP

Level 18: 38500XP

Level 19: 46500XP

Level 20: 55000XP

Level 21: 64000XP

Level 22: 74000XP

Level 23: 85250XP

Level 24: 100000XP

Level 25: 115000XP

Level 26: 132000XP

Level 27: 150000XP

Level 28: 170000XP

Level 29: 200000XP

Level 30: 250000XP

Perks:

Level 1: 0

Level 2: 300

Level 3: 750

Level 4: 1500

Level 5: 3000 

Level 6: 5000

Level 7: 7500

Level 8: 11000

Level 9: 15000

Level 10: 20000

Level 11: 26000

Level 12: 33000

Level 13: 41000

Level 14: 50000

Level 15: 60000

How do friends see them?

Each player will come with a player card which is a rectangle with Your Zombie Slaying level and Gamertag. Underneath them is WL: and PL: which everyone in your lobby sees.

Here is a very bad example:

15 Ash Medley

WL: 5 PL: 3

Achievements Involved

Here is a list of achievements I imagine would involve my ideas:

10G: "Here we Go!" - Level up your Weapon level or Perk level for the first time.

20G: "True Slayer"  - Reach Maximum level for one Weapon on the Zombies Game mode.

20G: "Perkaholic" - Reach Maximum level for your perks on Zombies Game mode.

50G: "The best around!" - Get maximum Perk Level and Maximum weapon level (for one gun) on Zombies Game mode.

Post by Ash Medley :D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first of all this is awesome.

I've always liked the idea of a formal rank system in zombies. I also like the idea of a sort of create a class system. My only problem with it is that I would want it to be more based on improving versatility than just straight up giving you an advantage. I like the idea of unlocking attachment options, but just getting default extra damage seems a little OP. Let's say you're in a game of grief. If you are against a guy with 1.5x your magazine size from the start, who has 1.5x damage, upgraded perks, and faster reviving, you're screwed. If ranking up gave you the ability to choose ONE of those options, I'd like that more than just having all of them.

I love this idea, the only few issues I have are: 

-This sounds like the same weapons will be available on each map, but that's just what it suggests, not defined. 

- Level 10 on perks: NO! NO UPGRADING JUGGERNOG! EVER! 

- It's kind of penalizing those whom don't play zombies… I mean if someone who's been playing for 2 years comes in with someone who just bought it, it should be as fair as it always has. Perhaps upgrading a weapon allows more attachments (and PAP camos), and perks don't get upgraded via XP. 

-This sounds like the same weapons will be available on each map, but that's just what it suggests, not defined. 

- Level 10 on perks: NO! NO UPGRADING JUGGERNOG! EVER! maybe increase the cost for after each level?

- It's kind of penalizing those whom don't play zombies… I mean if someone who's been playing for 2 years comes in with someone who just bought it, it should be as fair as it always has. Perhaps upgrading a weapon allows more attachments (and PAP camos), and perks don't get upgraded via XP, again they should be upgraded, but the person would need to pay more 

- Level 10 on perks: NO! NO UPGRADING JUGGERNOG! EVER!

- It's kind of penalizing those whom don't play zombies… I mean if someone who's been playing for 2 years comes in with someone who just bought it, it should be as fair as it always has. Perhaps upgrading a weapon allows more attachments (and PAP camos), and perks don't get upgraded via XP.

The idea of penalizing players for not playing your game, is basically the literal point of a ranking system based on time.

That is the way it is, and a time (XP based) system wouldn't be a system without that penalty.

Truthfully, a time based system is completely fair. That said, they shouldn't be thing that would legitimately alter gameplay. Challenges for bonuses would be better, then it becomes skill based not time based. If you need 500 nade kills for a bonus to explosive damage, in theory, everyone can get that bonus, where as if you need 50 hours played to get the same bonus, the amount of people that get it is going to be less.

The problem of course becomes the best players get advantages, and the worst players don't. In a game like zombies, where it is coop based, that isn't necessarily as big of a deal. But in grief mode, it would have to be a neutral playing field.

I mean say you had 500 headshots for bonus headshot damage, 500 nade kills for bonus explosive damage, bonus non WW damage, and bonus WW damage bonuses equipped in the same game (in a create a class style), then you are going to be pretty over powered.

The rich get richer isn't a situation we should be encouraging, although it would be nice to have something to work towards.

That's why I am more for things tlmore along the lines of starting with max ammo for your starting pistol, maybe at max level unlocking a starting room wall weapon. Just nothing that is going to break the game and make it too easy.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

So did I and quite a few others… 

The end of the day one of the few things we all agreed on is that in no way should a player with shotguns have any bigger advantage then a player with one bone. They should start the game equal, be given equal (perhaps different but still EQUAL) guns, perks, and zombies, and then continue on to receive XP based on their performance. Shotguns do not get better perks, better guns, or easier zombies. DIFFERENT does not mean better, or worse, but rather "not the same". Does a hat make your player better? No, just more stylish. Does an RPD make any REAL difference then an LSAT? No because chances are determined by what the box gives you, nothing is guaranteed. 

it seems great, but am i the only one who doesnt want zombies to get too complicated?

for example i first started playing zombies on bo2 for a year or so and everygame i was always worried about my KD, so i can get the best rank.

Then, a couple months ago, i started playing bo1 zombies and it just felt so great not having to worry about your stats.

Am i the only one thinking this?

it seems great, but am i the only one who doesnt want zombies to get too complicated?

for example i first started playing zombies on bo2 for a year or so and everygame i was always worried about my KD, so i can get the best rank.

Then, a couple months ago, i started playing bo1 zombies and it just felt so great not having to worry about your stats.

As someone who started with WAW, bit got really heavy into it in BO1, the team player aspect was far more prevalent in earlier games. There were certain maps that basically forced you to be a lone wolf in BO2. There was never really a feeling of if I don't get my teammate up, the game is ruined in BO2, but in WAW there certainly was. Even in BO1, although the maps ballooned in size, you could still get to a down teammate easily. In almost every BO2 map, a down meant a death. You had to heavily coordinate what was going on if yoy didn't want it to be.

Really took a lot away from the coop aspect of the game. People being worried about stats was another BO2 downfall that the earlier games didn't have.

We all want a ranking system, but it should be more weighted on your teamwork, and less on your k/d.

• 1 month later...

I think a ranking system which defines you as a player, the more solo games you play with higher rounds and stuff would eventually give you the rank Solo Slayer and If you play online a lot and revive people and help, Team Player, if you're online but stick to your own thing would have its own name. Instead of levels you would be given a game style name.

Gaming Style rank name - Description
Solo Slayer - Someone who usually is on solo mode and is rarely found searching for online matches. This player usually found hording on high rounds.

Team Medic - Someone who usually is found online, may not have the highest kills but he always has lost of revives and covers his team mates
Team Leader - The guy who has the kills and has low number of deaths and downs in comparison of his games played.
Tactical Player - The guy found attempting Easter Eggs or having a very similar tactic for each game he plays per map

Juggernaut - The guy who uses the big guns and takes out multiple zombies in short blasts.

Solo tactician - The guy who usually is on solo but attempting Easter Eggs ect

obviously the names and descriptions aren't grat but you can understand my idea 

• 2 weeks later...

I would honestly be alright with not having a Co-op rank and only leveling up in Grief. It would make grief more popular and competetive. Apart from bonuses like extra damage, what would we need a rank system for in Co-op or solo? To show how good you are? I am not a fan of that mentality behind rank systems, especially when it's specific to the point of not accurately depicting skill. If they could just maje a really smooth functional grief rank I would be happy.

I think, on a irrelevant note, EE's should NEVER need 4 players. The frustration of wanting achievements and to do Easter eggs on solo or with just a friend or two but being unable to do so without 4 people all willing to the Easter egg and doing it right.

Saddly that's never going away.

Sure there will be some maps that allow for one or two players, and I don't see the point in a 3 player easter egg, but in order to play 4 player zombies one needs to have either a second console, or Xbox live/PSnetwork. That improves xbox gold sales. More people will get online to complete the easteregg. It's a a big tourist trap.

I would honestly be alright with not having a Co-op rank and only leveling up in Grief. It would make grief more popular and competetive. Apart from bonuses like extra damage, what would we need a rank system for in Co-op or solo? To show how good you are? I am not a fan of that mentality behind rank systems, especially when it's specific to the point of not accurately depicting skill. If they could just maje a really smooth functional grief rank I would be happy.

That sounds nice, i always preferred lobby leaderboards compared to symbols. Plus I would have a reason to play grief other then "I only have an hour and a half, better pop in some cellblock"

I don't see why Zombies doesn't have a leveling up system like multiplayer but instead of unlocking new weapons it just unlocks nice small little things like calling cards, emblems and stuff. It also gives players something to aim for.

I don't see why Zombies doesn't have a leveling up system like multiplayer but instead of unlocking new weapons it just unlocks nice small little things like calling cards, emblems and stuff. It also gives players something to aim for.

If they're hell bent on bringing back buildables, and perma perks, The ranking system could be tied to that. Would also give challenges to players. Build 500 career buildables on Tranzit to build stuff faster, that type of stuff. Buy 1000 perks to unlock perma Jugg.