Simple Origins Walkthrough

Mr. Jay

Hi, it's the boring guy.

Origins is by far the hardest map to get the optimal setup for high rounds. I have read many guides, and seen many videos, but still require a great deal of luck to accomplish everything in the first 10 rounds. I have devised a simpler path to conquering Origins, at least initially.

[spoiler="Why a dummie's guide?"]

Origins is such a hard map to get set up. Trying to duplicate results from advanced guides by Chopper and Dahniska made it even more difficult. There had to be an easier way. I had made many attempts to get everything done ASAP, but die on the teen rounds with an ultimate staff. This is due to slower spawns and trying to balance ammo in the early rounds.

[spoiler="The difference is in the first 10 rounds"]After many failed attempts to try to accomplish everything and actually getting lucky enough to have done it, I realized it is absolutely not necessary to have it done by a certain round. It is actually safer and quicker to just hang out in The Crazy Place, and finish the job when necessary. So the goal is to get jug, then head to the crazy place.

[spoiler="The Beginning Strategy"]Round 1

Activate the generator ASAP, the objective is to get the 2x.

Try to line up the zombies into a group, and fire bullets for collateral damage. Kill the last ones with headshots to ensure you do not pick up the drop. You will get one at 2500.

If it's 2x, wait until zombies spawn on round 2, otherwise take it.

Round 2

Carefully knife the zombies, and not to harm the last one.

Spend the 500 and 750 to get to generator 2 and pick the MP40. If it's snowing then dig along the way for the ice staff part.

While in generator 2, get the wind disk and the shield part. If you are lucky then pick up the wind staff part as the robot is approaching.

Head back to spawn room (generator 1 for those of you confused.)

Round 3

Do your best to stay alive and board the windows for extra points. Leave the last few zombies.

Depending on your points, you may or may not have enough for jug. Open the doors to work shop (1000) and to NML(1250), and turn on generator 4. Keep an eye on the robots for potentially wind staff parts.

If you do not have enough points, you could camp on top of the workshop with the NML door closed until you do.

Round 4

Objective is to stay alive and generate points. You want enough for jug and open up generator 5. (1250). While in Gen 5, pick up wind disk. Always keep an eye on the robots for the wind staff parts.

If you have extra points you could either:

1. Get stamina up

2. Open necessary doors for the shield parts. You want to build it in the wind tunnel.

3. Open debris to church for ice staff parts.

Afterwards head to the crazy place from the wind tunnel and train there. If you do not have enough, camp the top workshop with MP40 should be sufficient until you generate enough points.

Camping in the Crazy Place

Camping in the crazy place is fairly easy, and ammo is plenty with the STG and AK74 available.

The bigger circle you run, the safer it gets. I find having stamina helps, as well as the shield. By building it in the wind tunnel, you can run back and pick it up in between rounds easily.

At some point you will need to head back a few times to finish a few set ups. There is a simple way to save unharmed zombies before heading back to NML. Juggling back and forth between NML and the Crazy Place, the damaged ones will die off, leaving you with the fresh batch.

A few things to go back to NML for:

You get a free double tap after spending 30,000 points.

You get a PAPped Assault Rifle after accumulating 115 headshots.

PAP your pistol for Boomhilda. I like BHD because it is a great training weapon getting you out of jams, and it kills the Panzer in no time.

It snows on round 10, I'm not sure which rounds are definite snow rounds afterwards.

You could just wait and do it in one trip in the mid teens, but I prefer in two trips, one on 10 during a snow round, and one after I have enough points for everything.

[spoiler="Building the staffs"]Whenever you are ready to give up the Crazy Place, it's time to build you staffs, preferably in the late 20s, early 30s. I build the Fire Staff last, because the kills you generate lighting the candles count toward the ultimate staffs.

When upgrading the Fire Staff, killing zombies by the candles on round 8 is different than killing them on round 32, as I found out the hard way, again and again. I just don't have the skills to do it.

You need about 30 kills on the platform near the Fire Teleporter by the candles, and I divide them up between rounds. I would run around Generator 4 during the round, but kill the last few in the crazy place. Sometimes it takes me 4-5 rounds, a few times 6-7. Eventually I get it done.

[spoiler="Camping with the staffs"]I struggle with this part actually. I can't seem to successfully and continuously navigate through the rounds. But I do have two simple strategies.

Option A

Camping the tank station behind Generator 2. Start the round inside the building, and head right toward Generator 1. Before reaching the trenches do a cutback and head toward the other side of the tank station. You will notice the zombies bunch nicely behind you. Kill with your choice of staff. I fail here because one slow spawn often cuts me off, and the staffs do not kill quickly enough to clear a path.

Option B

Camp by Generator 4. Start the round circling between the two robot steps, once they have all spawned move toward Generator 1. Do a quick cut back to Generator 4 and you will notice they will be bunched nicely. Kill with your choice of staff. I fail here also because a late spawn often cuts me off trapping me.

Any advice on how to fine tune either strategy is fully appreciated.

[spoiler="In conclusion"]I hope this helps someone. I know there are many people like me who watch advanced guides, but can't duplicate the results. I understand it is tougher to decpher writing guides, and I actually have a sample video available if anyone's interested. (I highly doubt it.)

In one game I was able to reach round 25 within an hour and successfully upgrade two staffs, dying while doing the fire staff puzzle.

Thank you for reading.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that, in the round 2 part, you find the ice disk, not the wind disk.

Anyway, it's an nice guide for people (like me) who can't get past round 10. It's not these guides that, like, "forces" you to have 3000 points in round 2 or you should restart and hard things like that.

I'll try now to maybe get to round 20 in this map, maybe even manage to build all staves in one game or, even more, upgrade them. Yes, I'm that kind of noob in this map. Thanks for that.

Edited by Zetha

Nicely done Chameleon.

There are only 2 reasons to do it any differently.

If you are aiming for a high round its very satisfying to setup asap...just gives a boost.

And to get the rocket things or fists. I've done both but once I completed the solo EE I have never done either again in solo.

Both steps irritate the hell out of me and I think they are a waste of time for my personal goals.

Have some brains from me mate, nice lil guide.

Thank you gentlemen for the kind words and brains. I'm trying to establish myself as a quality member after years of posting crappy contents.

Onecooldude you have no idea how much pain it goes into a successful (25+ round) game. It usually take approx 1-2 hours, given you are lucky enough to survive that long. Origins is very much a solo map, even though there are 4 staffs. Because no matter how good a certain person is at this map, it's still impossible to carry others without excellent communications and cooperations from everyone.

Thank you gentlemen for the kind words and brains. I'm trying to establish myself as a quality member after years of posting crappy contents.

Onecooldude you have no idea how much pain it goes into a successful (25+ round) game. It usually take approx 1-2 hours, given you are lucky enough to survive that long. Origins is very much a solo map, even though there are 4 staffs. Because no matter how good a certain person is at this map, it's still impossible to carry others without excellent communications and cooperations from everyone.

Ohh alright. Ive always found motd more of a solo map than orgins but to each their own view. You probably know more than me anyways lol

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk