Free Roam CODZ!

WolfHeart_99

Read the idea FIRST  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Points would work the same, earning the same. Doors would also work the same, however there is now inclusion of a "250" door along with the regular 750, 1250, 1000, and 1500. Furthermore players can also chose a tool to help with them: 

Shovel: Can dig up dig mounds origins style: Proficiently useful in areas with dirt, not so much solid ground. 

Crowbar: Can smash small boxes and open cabinets: Useful where boxes can be found, oddly enough these are the places dirt isn't. 

Hacker: Does not work like the moon one, all it does is open safes and electronically locked doors. Rarer to use, but typically produces a better reward.

Each of these tools can be used to find points, certain weapons, amo, and other things around so one doesn't have to constantly search for the box for their next lifeline. 

Furthermore: 

Trading benches: Can be found just about anywhere. These can be used to trade weapons, parts, build-ables, and points. 

The only way free roam would work is if Treyarch did a Zombie Campaign and then had a separate Zombie Mode with it. Tranzit is the closest thing they have to a free roam style map and it feels very empty. You could pack more onto that map but then how often would players want to play that map and redo everything. As the map gets bigger and the steps become more and more, the repetition factor of zombies gets drawn out. I feel like anything much more complex than Origins would need to be a different kind of mode because on maps like that its hard to play it and not have to do missions and steps and just play zombies.

However, if they did do a zombie campaign, I think a free roam style of game could work. Almost like Fallout or Borderlands except instead of one giant map you could have several large ones that involve the players teleporting around the world fighting zombies, humans, and bosses. The point system might not really work but players could be bounded by missions. Like if they ignore Sam or whoever is in charge for long periods of time and go off on their own, they will constantly be rushed by zombies. But if they do the tasks they are given by whoever then they are rewarded a new box location that supplies guns and ammo, a new teleporter, or a new perk machine. And in a game mode like that, the perks and weapons could be upgradeable. Then the large sections of that could be broken down to the traditional zombie mode.

• Moderators

And, NNs, by the way, i said, and i quote,

If you're for it post ideas. If not, oh well see ya later!

*(NNs are Negative Nancys)

What a healthy attitude. <--- Sarcasm

On topic: The last time I heard the words "huge world" in relation to zombies was when Vonderhaar hyped up Tranzit and we all know how that turned out to be.

So I would be a bit more careful about wanting a giant world to play zombies in or else you can only be disappointed. At least that is what history has teached me.

Of course now they have the fancy next gen technology so maybe, if excecuted right, we could have some fancy open world which would most likely not be my cup of tea since I don't want to spend 500 hours to get set up.

But...oh crap... disagreeing with someone makes me negative nancy.

No, no, no you bring up an excellent point: 

Sleeping.

In this big of a map, should you need to leave you don't have to start over, you can suspend your game by sleeping in a sleeping-bag build able, or secure bed. A room is secure when no zombies can enter it, this is accomplished by closing a door after one walks in. Typically once a person is sleeping, the secure room they're in is locked to all other players (Unless another player is in with you, then just hope they remember to shut the door) once done your character remains dormant. When you resume you can pick right back up where you left off. You can even turn off your device and then turn it back on to resume. 

seems good enough, but maybe add a bulletin in towns (the capitals) so people have things to do, and make it so that the vehicles can be customized (armour plating, better engine for more speed, a machinegun to keep zombies off and bombs for jets) maybe also add airstrikes (normal nukes only affect a small area but airstrikes take down a country. maybe also have different NPCs who come to help you (like leeroy in buried) and last but not least, have a machine which combines weapons (only used a few times before it overheats and you have to wait, price= 5500)

-Covered

-Bit excessive, but perhaps the type of material used to create the car determines it's effects

- A WHOLE COUNTRY?!?! THAT'S MASSIVE! WAY too OP, if anything have the air strike take out the chunk and Nukes take out the cluster-chunk (3x3 chunks) and are somewhat rare. 

-Npc like leroy are hard to program, but perhaps a few traveling merchants. 

- NO! Why do so many people want a machine that combines weapons? It would be super difficult to program, and what would it's use be? Who wants a shotgun-sniper or pistol grenade launcher? It's just kind of silly and unnecessary. 

-Covered

-Bit excessive, but perhaps the type of material used to create the car determines it's effects

- A WHOLE COUNTRY?!?! THAT'S MASSIVE! WAY too OP, if anything have the air strike take out the chunk and Nukes take out the cluster-chunk (3x3 chunks) and are somewhat rare.

-Npc like leroy are hard to program, but perhaps a few traveling merchants.

- NO! Why do so many people want a machine that combines weapons? It would be super difficult to program, and what would it's use be? Who wants a shotgun-sniper or pistol grenade launcher? It's just kind of silly and unnecessary.

Pistol gernade launcher? I sure would love that...ever use Mustang and Sally?

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

If I wanted the M/S I would just upgrade my normal gun, which is cheeper, easier, and doesn't require more code: 

Fully-automatic sniper: Massive recoil/annoying scope -(Although tank rates this 9/10) 

Shotgun/SMG: Is it a shotgun that fires it's shots ad fast as an SMG? Given which amo is used that's either really OP or really stupid. 

Grenade-launcher Sniper: Would not work like a scavenger, it'd work like a long-range war machine. 

MG/Pistol: Kap 40 anyone? 

Shotgun/pistol: Executioner anyone? 

Crossbow/ pistol: What? How would… Huh? 

Rifle/grenade launcher: Is just a grenade launcher. 

Rifle/ Sniper: Is just a sniper

Rifle/ SMG: Is just a burst-fire SMG

Rifle/Pistol: is just a Rifle. 

Plus the glitches it could cause with mule kick…. (Shudder…) 

It honestly is just not worth the time IMO….

If I wanted the M/S I would just upgrade my normal gun, which is cheeper, easier, and doesn't require more code:

Fully-automatic sniper: Massive recoil/annoying scope -(Although tank rates this 9/10)

Shotgun/SMG: Is it a shotgun that fires it's shots ad fast as an SMG? Given which amo is used that's either really OP or really stupid.

Grenade-launcher Sniper: Would not work like a scavenger, it'd work like a long-range war machine.

MG/Pistol: Kap 40 anyone?

Shotgun/pistol: Executioner anyone?

Crossbow/ pistol: What? How would… Huh?

Rifle/grenade launcher: Is just a grenade launcher.

Rifle/ Sniper: Is just a sniper

Rifle/ SMG: Is just a burst-fire SMG

Rifle/Pistol: is just a Rifle.

Plus the glitches it could cause with mule kick…. (Shudder…)

It honestly is just not worth the time IMO….

See what if they base gernade launcher by the china lake instead of war machine? Then a gernade sniper would be nice

Also the executioner is good... PaP + double tap = 1 hit to 30

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Edited by Onecooldude123