Final Fantasy XV looks amazing, so here's a thread about it

ZombieOfTheDead

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lenne said:

Looks like there will be yet another delay of two months. ;_;

So who's gonna bet on tons of patches? 

Might as well just optimize it for the new PS4, but what do I know.

Let's hope for the best.

So far, they're just rumors. Not a huge deal to me, though. I've gotten kinda apprehensive about the game after the last demo so I may or may not hold off on it.

I can hold out, but I'm just waiting to see if Square confirms it.

I'm still very excited for this. Thinking pre-ordering the edition with Lightning's Blazefire Sabre (What can I say, I love gunblades :D).

In the meantime, I'm also thinking of seeing Kingsglaive at the Theatre's. It looks so good and has some old FF enemies in it based on the trailers (Ultros/Ultimate Weapon).

• Moderators

So it looks like we wont be getting a day one patch for it.

The reason they delayed it is because they don't want people without internet to have a worse game.

There are so many games to play, so it doesn't really hurt me that much and it means I wont be downloading a huge day one patch, which has become the normal thing to do. That is a plus.

Two months fly by like nothing.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators
On 15.11.2016 at 10:14 AM, Rissole25 said:

2 Weeks. I'm so excited :D

I will most likely wait a while. Not because I am cautious or anything, but because I have just so many games started and not finished... it is actually painful.

Maybe I will play the intro and tutorial take a break and come back to it, just to find out I have already forgotten the controls.

That way I can listen to my girl Florence twice. :cool48:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 30.11.2016 at 9:39 AM, Rissole25 said:

@Lenne DO YOU HAVE IT YET? I CANT STOP PLAYING IT

Bought it just now. I talked to a friend during the week who holds it in very high regards. Here is hoping this game will fully suck me in. All those remasters don't cut it at the moment.

I am also very excited to play, but the fact that they lied to us in regards to the day one patch is a serious bummer.

Oh well we all waited so long for this... what could go wrong in 3 hours of downloading, right?

@ZombieOfTheDead where you at?

• Moderators

Couldn't play too much due to limited time, but right now I am 5.5 hours deep into it and at the beginning of chapter 3.

I don't know what it is with this particular game, but for some reason the overwhelming amount of stuff to do doesn't bother me in the slightest. I really enjoyed my time with it so far and gotta say that those 5 hours flew by like nothing. If I at the very least would be able to play during the week as well. I would easily sink 100 hours into this beauty in a month or two.

Everything seems quite close to perfect. The graphics, the sound, the ost, the controlls, the combat it all feels very rewarding and insanely fun.

I get a PoP 2008 and Bioshock Infinite vibe from it. 

So far it is an astonishing game and I am just at the beginning.

Prompto, Gladiolus, Ignis and Noctis almost had me right from the beginning. Really good characters, which is something the previous FF games I played kinda didn't have in my opinion.

@ZombieOfTheDead, you are in for a real treat this christmas.

What are your thoughts so far, @Rissole25?

Also do you know if I can listen to Florence in the Regalia? Which store has her songs? I need to know. ;_;

Forgot to add: I am playing on a pro and it runs very well. I am glad they took their time with it.

It is more I could ever ask for. :3

A game where you have to get food for a cat is instantly GOTY in my book btw. minus Nintendogs + cats. :P

@Lenne

Unfortunately Flo's song isn't on any radio stations. Which really sucks because that opening with "Stand By Me" was fantastic and nearly made me teary. But since you are up to Chapter 3, you should be able to purchase the Music Player in the Regalia's shop in the Key Items. It allows you to listen to the radio on foot.

I'm currently up to Chapter 5, maybe 25-30 hours in? Characters are LV 30-31. I'm loving the friendship between the fellas. I do hear that the main story is relatively short, but I think that is only if you stick to just the main quests. I usually like to do Side Quests that happen along the way, so it's really good to pad out. Plus some occasional Fishing.

I'm loving the Combat system, very fun and it's great switching between enemies and weapons constantly. Make sure you get Prompto a HP+ accessory, he's very squishy. And also try and choose food that gives a HP bonus, really helps. Oh and teach your bros some new Techniques, specifically Ignis' "Regroup". It teleports you and the others to him and restores everyones health a fair bit. And don't be afraid to stock up on Potions, as well as trying out Wait Mode. It can really help when you've got a tough enemy and just need time to think.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Beat the game... now going for the platinum or maybe not now, but after a little break.

Spoiler

Up until Chapter 9 I absolutely adored the game from top to bottom, but then it went a bit downhill. The fight against Leviathan was insanely stupid in my opinion and the first and only time where I was like: "What is this shit?" Would have been way better solved in a proper cutscene. The scenery was also insanely ugly and a thought came to mind that all these God fights should have been on a PS5. The Ifrit fight and the Titan "fight" were ok, but other than that it really did feel like the current gen couldn't give the gods much. 

I also disliked the cut from the open world starting at chapter 9. Sure you can go back to it via time travel, but ugh... time travel. :P

Other than that and a silly camera from time to time (but that is to be expected with games like this one) I think this is one of the best games ever made and one of the two reasons I don't hate myself for owning a current gen console.

The story was great (well I paid more attention to the four homies than Luna etc. so that may be why) I am not sure how I feel about the ending though.

Excuse me but they made Florence do three songs and I only get to listen to one of them twice ingame? Pff... I love you a bit less now SE. :P

Happy new year btw. <3

Good to get your input!

Spoiler

Ch 9 onwards definitely becomes more linear. 13 is bad, but they've said they are addressing it in a patch.

I enjoyed the story, but there are some big flaws, mainly with Ch 13. Ravus is suddenly good now? He felt like a completely different person in Kingsglaive, but apparently they will be addressing this too which is nice.

The Empire just died off by the end. Why make them out to be this big and gruelling threat? And the handling of the Iedolas Aldercapt (the Emperor) was awful. He became that annoying monster that would chase you and runaway when you got it to half health. Only realized it was him when the bros mentioned it after defeating him.

And Prompto being an MT was really brushed over, like "lol okay we don't care, lets never speak of this again". His dad, the guy who created the MT's was in one cutscene. Just one. I suspect it will be handled in Prompto's DLC but it ehhh...

I still love the game and story but the Empire was not handled well Ch 9 onwards.

Up to chapter 8, I've been intentionally holding off on progressing to do some side stuff. Just got all of the optional Royal Arms, so I'm about ready to head for Altissia. Have to say I'm enjoying the gameplay more than I thought I would. I just wish the story matched that a bit more. Everything seems to point to the game being a bit rushed, or in some cases, being told through DLC (like where the hell Gladio went during that one chapter, so obviously a DLC moment). I am quite enjoying in the game, but as I suspected in recent months, it's not the god tier game that it could have been, like it looked like when it was still Versus XIII.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Are you done yet, @ZombieOfTheDead?

Anyone else feel that the game was way too easy as well?

Some kind of item restriction would have been nice. 

I thought about my playthrough earlier today and I didn't have a single game over. I mean it was still fun and in some fights you had to think about what you are doing, but in most cases it just was like a good looking action movie.

Care to explain, @Rissole25, why you thought chapter 13 was bad? In my opinion it was a nice change in gameplay and atmosphere.

Spoiler

I just thought Ch.13 went on way too long. The whole 5 tiers of upgrading a key card was just so unnecessary, and getting to the elevator, but then having the Iron Giant come down and knock you to the bottom just pissed me off. Not to mention finding Ravus dead, but oh wait he was actually good (which kinda contradicts his personality in Kingsglaive). You fight him as a Daemon, but it would've been more memorable had you fought him while he was actually alive, or actually had seen his death.
And Emperor Iedolus just became that annoying monster who you couldn't kill until the others were with you. It just felt weird that the leader of the Empire, got relegated to not even a boss.
As well as Prompto being an MT, it just felt really brushed over, and his dad, Verstael (the guy in charge of MT's and Daemons I think) was only seen once in the game.

It just felt rushed, and thank god it's getting a patch to fix it, along with more Ravus, plus Prompto DLC, but it shouldn't take those to fix it.

Hmm I usually say to give things a try just so people can form their own opinion on it (my opinions/experience usually differ from game reviews, eg; I loved XIII). If you can somehow rent it give that a shot, and than decide then. Or play it at a mates.

All in all though you may not like it, just because the main opinion of people who really liked turn based aren't as big of fans. But who knows it might click with you. There is a Wait Mode which allows you to take time and aim you're actions and all that, but it's closest thing you'll get to it.

On 18.1.2017 at 8:06 PM, Slade said:

Alright.

Huge Final Fantasy fan here. Game looks great but... the combat change.

it looks really off-putting to me, since I'm a sucker for turn based rpg grind combat from the medieval age.

Should I still give it a try?

Yeah - you should if you want to play later ff because i think it is the future - i played the latest/new star ocean (ohhh how long have i waited for that and it was ...meh...) with this form of combat and i think ff did a really good job (compared to star ocean) 

Played this for about 130 hours and didnt touch iw since then 

Play the demo to try the combat or rent it

After you get some skills (for your teammates because they really suck in the beginning) it is fun

If you like turn based - i am stuck at grand kingdom (nis america) and really like it (there is a demo in the store for the vita)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Moderators
On 17.12.2017 at 2:09 AM, Rissole25 said:

@Lenne please tell me you played Episode Ignis. Jesus the feels...

I have it downloaded, have to play Prompto first though. Gladio's was just too big of a disappointment, so I kinda ignored it.

Gonna let you know how I find it later. 

Edit: @Rissole25 I'm gonna say this: If these DLCs had been in the game from the beginning, the emotional impact would have been much bigger, but when Ardyn showed up and behaved the way he did, I still got pretty mad. haha

From a gameplay standpoint Ignis is certainly a lot of fun.

It's a bit sad this game didn't get this past year as another development year, cause in the state it is now, it would have been much more well received, I enjoyed my time with it from the very start up until now a lot though.

I also just read that we will get more DLC next year. ^.^

Archived