The hardest 10 rounds ever!

Mr. Jay

I have started playing Origins again. Not because I like the map, but I feel I'm capable of better than my high of 27.

Origins is not a hard map, but a very time consuming map. A lot need to happen before certain rounds for your ideal set up.

Wind staff parts ideally before round 4 before zombies starting moving faster.

Ice Staff parts ideally before round 4, otherwise will have to wait until round 10.

Before round 8, you need enough points to open all debris for either Boomhilda or have the upgraded staff.

Seemingly every end of round, you need to leave 1-2 zombies unharmed to run a few errands.

I have played Origins a few hundred times, perhaps only once have I gotten all 4 staffs upgraded by end of round 10. Not only do you need to be very very good at points generating, you also need to be very very lucky and have superior patience.

I call this the hardest 10 rounds of zombies. No other maps parallel the level of difficulty and the rarity of successful setup. MOTD maybe, NML maybe, but for me Origins presents the toughest challenge.

Have Boomhilda and all staffs upgraded before round 10, is it the hardest challenge in all of zombies?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I full heartedly agree with you on the difficulty of this map, buuuuttt...

I have started playing Origins again. Not because I like the map, but I feel I'm capable of better than my high of 27.

Origins is not a hard map, but a very time consuming map. A lot need to happen before certain rounds for your ideal set up.

Ice Staff parts ideally before round 4, otherwise will have to wait until round 10.

Before round 8, you need enough points to open all debris for either Boomhilda or have the upgraded staff.

Seemingly every end of round, you need to leave 1-2 zombies unharmed to run a few errands.

I have played Origins a few hundred times, perhaps only once have I gotten all 4 staffs upgraded by end of round 10. Not only do you need to be very very good at points generating, you also need to be very very lucky and have superior patience.

I call this the hardest 10 rounds of zombies. No other maps parallel the level of difficulty and the rarity of successful setup. MOTD maybe, NML maybe, but for me Origins presents the toughest challenge.

Have Boomhilda and all staffs upgraded before round 10, is it the hardest challenge in all of zombies?

I disagree on Mob of the dead being nearly as difficult as the beginning of Origins. Mob of the Dead seems difficult on paper- get all the plane parts, feed the dogs, grab shield / acid gat parts / warden's key, get free blundergat with the hatchet, etc. However, carrying out these tasks is much easier than it sounds. The dogs only require 6 zombies each, most Afterlife challenges can be done together in one afterlife, and the environment in Mob is much more forgiving as compared to Origins (zombie AI, Slow mud / the lack thereof). Origins is much more difficult to set up, and I don't even understand how Mob of the Dead can be compared.

Well, it depends what exactly are you setting up for?

You can get to pretty damn good high rounds for most people just building the ice staff and forgetting all the other nonsense.

If you truly want to go far, there is no reason to have to rush the staves either. Lightning is the only staff that I would think mid-round aquisition past round 8 or so would be reasonably difficult.

All the riddles, and such are easy to do mid round, as is nabbing the parts for Ice, and Fire. Wind can be easy, if the robots cooperate.

If you get the ice staff (especially if it is upgraded) before the panzer drops, the staff will kill him pretty quick. No need to rush boomhilda.

But yeah, if you truly want to do everything and have it done in the first ten rounds, then yes. It is probably the most difficult set up in zombies, aside from a pre-game 300 in NML, or maybe setting MotD so that the only door to the cafeteria is the initial from start and the door that doesn't go upstairs.

If you try to go the long way around to the laundry for whatever reason, it can be pretty rough as it delays that step until about round 4, instead of on round 1.

However you rarely, if ever, need to actually do everything in Origins before that tenth round.

Never if you're not playing solo or not aiming higher than 60-70 or so.

I wrote so much about Origins back in the day, along with Danihska.

I always said that Origins is over-complicated by the start.  Get Jugg and Stamina, an MP40 and get to round 8.  Learn how to beat that big ugly dude with just an MP40 which isn't to difficult and then do everything else on round 10.

The most frustrating times I ever had in zombies outside of NML was trying to do everything as quickly as possible and without wasting much time on Origins.

I wrote a huge guide on it, covering how to not cross the same area twice if it could be helped etc, best order to do stuff in but the major problem is the the big dude can cause some completely bullshit downs.

Rushing to round 8 I can have him beat within 10 minutes.

Doing 'everything' else and then beating him on round 8 with a Boom or staff is going to take me at least twice that time, maybe more.  And even then you can still go down.  If you suss how to beat him with just that MP40 and environment manipulation, I'm sure you'd be able to enjoy it more.

I can make a video if you wish, showing how to beat him with and without Jugg.

I full heartedly agree with you on the difficulty of this map, buuuuttt...

I disagree on Mob of the dead being nearly as difficult as the beginning of Origins. Mob of the Dead seems difficult on paper- get all the plane parts, feed the dogs, grab shield / acid gat parts / warden's key, get free blundergat with the hatchet, etc. However, carrying out these tasks is much easier than it sounds. The dogs only require 6 zombies each, most Afterlife challenges can be done together in one afterlife, and the environment in Mob is much more forgiving as compared to Origins (zombie AI, Slow mud / the lack thereof). Origins is much more difficult to set up, and I don't even understand how Mob of the Dead can be compared.

Um, I was not making a case MOTD is as difficult as the Ultimate set up by round 10 on Origins.  In fact, the title of my post is "the hardest 10 rounds ever."  The MOTD reference was playing devil's advocate.

Well, it depends what exactly are you setting up for?

You can get to pretty damn good high rounds for most people just building the ice staff and forgetting all the other nonsense.

If you truly want to go far, there is no reason to have to rush the staves either. Lightning is the only staff that I would think mid-round aquisition past round 8 or so would be reasonably difficult.

All the riddles, and such are easy to do mid round, as is nabbing the parts for Ice, and Fire. Wind can be easy, if the robots cooperate.

If you get the ice staff (especially if it is upgraded) before the panzer drops, the staff will kill him pretty quick. No need to rush boomhilda.

But yeah, if you truly want to do everything and have it done in the first ten rounds, then yes. It is probably the most difficult set up in zombies, aside from a pre-game 300 in NML, or maybe setting MotD so that the only door to the cafeteria is the initial from start and the door that doesn't go upstairs.

If you try to go the long way around to the laundry for whatever reason, it can be pretty rough as it delays that step until about round 4, instead of on round 1.

However you rarely, if ever, need to actually do everything in Origins before that tenth round.

Never if you're not playing solo or not aiming higher than 60-70 or so.

It would not be nearly as fun or challenging if you do not strive for the ultimate set up before 10.  In some games, I just collect the staff parts when necessary and train in the crazy place until the mid 20s.  It is a lot easier and faster than trying to get everything done.

But then again, why simplify your steps when you can suffer through the grind and pain of failure?

I wrote so much about Origins back in the day, along with Danihska.

I always said that Origins is over-complicated by the start.  Get Jugg and Stamina, an MP40 and get to round 8.  Learn how to beat that big ugly dude with just an MP40 which isn't to difficult and then do everything else on round 10.

The most frustrating times I ever had in zombies outside of NML was trying to do everything as quickly as possible and without wasting much time on Origins.

I wrote a huge guide on it, covering how to not cross the same area twice if it could be helped etc, best order to do stuff in but the major problem is the the big dude can cause some completely bullshit downs.

Rushing to round 8 I can have him beat within 10 minutes.

Doing 'everything' else and then beating him on round 8 with a Boom or staff is going to take me at least twice that time, maybe more.  And even then you can still go down.  If you suss how to beat him with just that MP40 and environment manipulation, I'm sure you'd be able to enjoy it more.

I can make a video if you wish, showing how to beat him with and without Jugg.

Beating him without both jug and boom/staff is pretty unlikely for me. I think sometimes great players like you and Daniska forget that guys like me are very limited in terms of skills.

I watched both of Danishka's origins starters and thought to myself there is no freaking way I duplicate the same results under the circumstances.

I'm complaining about the difficulty of completing everything in 10 rounds, but I secretly need the challenge to stay interested. A la NML.

@Dahniska - damn that's a nice start.

I do think it's a little out of reach for most people though.  Not too many players could manage by the church with an M14 and no Jugg.  Not many at all.

I understand that all the steps you do make sense, and are fairly easy to do.  The big problem is that it's so damn easy to die on this map that someone who isn't as comfortable as you is going to struggle to do it in the same way.

It's very good to watch though.

@Dahniska - damn that's a nice start.

I do think it's a little out of reach for most people though.  Not too many players could manage by the church with an M14 and no Jugg.  Not many at all.

I understand that all the steps you do make sense, and are fairly easy to do.  The big problem is that it's so damn easy to die on this map that someone who isn't as comfortable as you is going to struggle to do it in the same way.

It's very good to watch though.

Thanks Chopper =) 

I put this here to show that it's do-able to get all that stuff done early. Just takes a lot of practice. But hey, if you want to achieve a goal, practice, practice, practice, eh? I wish everyone who tries to do this good luck - it can be done. Just practice and keep trying until you do it.

• 1 month later...

They can surely be the most frustrating 10rds, but depending on your mood/gameplay they don't have to be. Depending on how my 2x Mauser ammo is by the start of rd 3 I choose 2 different ways.

1. Gangster - 3 staffs completely upgraded, and waiting for the last panzer part on rd 8

2. Smooth - Jug, stamina, mp40.... Leisure around point hoarding, no saving rd ending zombies, waiting for that rd 10 snow to run around and build, do everything that round.

If it's the start of rd 3 at spawn and my Mauser is full, I double point it and go "gangster"..... But I do get frustrated more when my poor white gangster attempts fail lol.