What do you look forward to the most in a new zombies map?

Every time we get a new trailer for a new DLC we often find ourselves looking for trailer analysis of a new map, and we make our own theories based on the achievements that are leaked. However what is the thing you look forward to in a Zombies map?

Is it the Location? Do you want to see how the story ties in? What about the easter egg song? The fact that in every map we get a brand new never before heard Song made specifically for the map. Maybe your favorite thing is figuring out the brand new easter egg before anyone else does? Or perhaps you enjoy seeing the map for the first time and checking out the new mechanics and traps....

My personal favorite thing in zombies has always been the easter egg songs. I love listening to the lyrics as well as finding out how to turn them on. Sometimes it's teddy bears, sometimes it's a radio... Finding the song makes it rewarding when you hear it for the first time. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing that it appears everyone wants to see more of is customization. 

That's what's going to sell the base game for zombies: 

Our own characters

Hand-picked weapons

Possibility of groups/clans 

Map wise, I'll take just about anything trayarch can dish out, as long as it 

-Does not ruin the story

-IMPROVES the story

- Uses next-gen tech. to it's full potential. 

Our own characters

Hand-picked weapons

-Does not ruin the story

-IMPROVES the story

On the topic of next-gen tech and using full potential, how awesome would it be to see a gamemode or even a single map where instead of the normal 24 zombies per horde, we could have 50? I think this would be better as a singular gamemode with no connection to the story, just running from the largest horde in existence with no way to defend yourself. Anyone else support this idea? I just love chaos in zombies honestly.

Our own characters

Hand-picked weapons

-Does not ruin the story

-IMPROVES the story

On the topic of next-gen tech and using full potential, how awesome would it be to see a gamemode or even a single map where instead of the normal 24 zombies per horde, we could have 50? I think this would be better as a singular gamemode with no connection to the story, just running from the largest horde in existence with no way to defend yourself. Anyone else support this idea? I just love chaos in zombies honestly. Bo2 has 48 in a horde with 2 people i think but i never tested it

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

It hasn't been confirmed yet, but it would be stupid for trayarch to not make it next-gen only. 

-It would give them an advantage for the next year being the first TRUELY next-gen COD. 

-It would be 2 christmases from the next-gen launch, this is the norm for gem-swaps. 

-Many games are to be released for the next gens only in the next year, such as arkham knight, making it a prime time to launch the first Next-gen-only COD. 

-If we DID maintain a game on the 360/PS3, it would be worse then Black ops two, which pushed the limits of the 360 and PS3's capabilities, then we would have to wait 2-3 MORE years for a TRUELY good game. 

Edited by Stop mocking me0

I think they should go back to the basics, not push the EE's, and possibly confirm some story. By back to the basics I mean quality over quantity, bigger maps don't always make them better. By not pushing the EE's I mean not having someone talk in your ear the whole time wanting you to do this and that. And confirm story I mean quit with the maybe it's this, maybe it's that. I figure they just let the fans build their own story off the stuff they put out. So by throwing in all these different elements like time bombs and western towns in Africa, and Shangri-La, we come to our own conclusions. So jump back on the BO1 track of doing things. I could live without the bank. I liked the trampolstine but the head chopper, resonator, electric trap, sliquifier, jet gun can all go. They perhaps just tried to go over the top, because BO1 zombies was pretty damn good the way it was, maybe they thought they had to top moon. I don't really care about customizing your character, YOU can't see it, unless you see a reflection, or gun skins in zombies. Being able to customize more gameplay would be cool. I liked the ability to add hellhounds and start on different rounds. Or being able to select your own section of a map for Turned. The maze on Buried in Turned would be hilarious. 

For me it's always gameplay features. That includes weapons, traps, perks, etc. Also I like specific locations. That one's hard to explain. Like if I know it's an alcatraz map and they show bloody showers in the trailer I'm like "i want to go to there."

Agree on the gameplay features.  New weapons, grenades, traps, etc.  Wonder weapon specifically as well.  And last but not least the easter egg rewards

• 1 month later...