The most painful thing in zombies: Nuke at the wrong time

The most annoying thing in zombies, ever, is accidentally taking Nuke.

Scenario #1

On MOTD on round 1, after you activate the laundromat lead the zombies upstairs to the double points. You intend on knife the remaining zombies for a whopping 4830 points to your total. Ka Boom, 800 points instead.

Scenario #2

It's the beginning of round 8, and you just bought Bowie knife. If your mind you are already planning on spending points you are about to get from knifing. Perhaps jug, perhaps the box, or maybe Mule Kick. How about none of the above? Because you get nuke on the first kill.

Scenario #3

Its mid way through round 7 on Origins. You are close to getting all your set up and prepare for the panzer. In your mind you know you need to finish the puzzles to upgrading the Wind and Ice Staffs, and you are counting on the extra few hundred points on your next few kills. The very next kill? Nuke! Good luck on round 8 with only the Mauser and M14.

Scenario #4

It's round 40 on Ascension and you are low on ammo. You have already emptied your Mustang and Sally, your Ray Gun, and your Thunder Gun. Fortunately the round is coming to an end and you just have to knife a few more crawlers before recycling your weapons. You know the monkeys are coming and you need to retool. You stop for a second to think, "will I be this unlucky to get a nuke and put myself in jeopardy?"

Yes, you are this unlucky and the nuke always happens unexpectedly when you don't want it.

I absolutely hate nuke, because it always shows up when least expected and least desired. Nothing fucks up your plan faster than a nuke at the wrong time. Time after time it's messes with me at the most critical times. I would take a giant dildo in the anus, if Treyarch is willing to remove nuke from all future zombies.

Write it down, you heard it here.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious: for the purposes of this post, what is your definition of 'anal'?

No pun intended, but "a pain in the ass" is what he meant by anal.

I'm with you on the nuke issue.

But the stupid early downs due to the double slapping zombies is my pet hate. Why the hell do some zombies do it and others don't. Fair enough if it made it harder, but it doesn't. Round two is piss easy, but I do go down more often than I care to remember because of those evil dsing zombies!!

The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), commonly abbreviated to anal,[1] is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis.

You're misusing the word.

You need to change or clarify.

It just reads really strangely...you can't just make up new meanings for words and expect everyone to understand!

The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), commonly abbreviated to anal,[1] is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that the obsession becomes an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person. The term derives from Freudian psychoanalysis.

You're misusing the word.

You need to change or clarify.

It just reads really strangely...you can't just make up new meanings for words and expect everyone to understand!

I sincerely apologize for misusing "anal" to describe something I consider annoying. As Psycho said, pain in the ass was where I was referring to, but it's poor judgement and usage on my part.

I understood the anal reference, as would most.  Maybe not a technically correct use of the word in your sentence, but all gravy to me.

I rarely ever knife zombies anymore, outside of rounds 1-4 when I can control the drops to an extent. 

I don't believe the extra 30 (or 60) points are worth it against the 100 for headshots.  Nukes suck, insta kill sucks (in relation to point whoring).  Firesales need to be strategised to be used correctly and carpenters just slow the game down.

For all those reasons I don't bother knifing.  I save 3k against the knife....even with permanent *2 it takes 50 zombies to make that difference up against shooting them in the head.

Nukes seem to only be an issue for those trying to speed run, not necessarily those whom are the best, don't believe me? Look at NGT: Hyper gets "shiny"s all the time to the point it's become an adorable running gag. They still manage to get at LEAST to round 20 every custom game they get. Unless there's an easter egg issue, someone glitches out of the map, or the zombies are unusually difficult. 

In no way is NGT the best at zombies either, trust me I know, but they're the best example I can give.