What's your most embarrassing down to date?

After I hit my first 50+ in Ascension this week, I thought I would try for my first 50+ on another map, one of my all time favorites Shangri La. At about round 20, I was having a lot of fun as I had taught myself the cutback route to run in the AK 74u room, and had my near ideal set-up (Jug, Revive, PhD, Stamin Up, M&S, Spikemore, Bowie, and un-pap'd baby gun). all was going well and I was ready to pack my shrink ray, so I run up to spawn. I noticed a little bit too late that there was a Napalm zombie I had passed, so I attempted to cross back over the spikes and blow him up. Unfortunately, I was caught inside of the spike trap when he blew and I insta-downed. While I was being revived, I cringed in horror. The napalm zombie's flames had engulfed the spike trap. When I was fully revived, I tried my hardest to escape the flaming spikes and reacquire quick revive, but the trap proved fatal. This is one of the most embarrassing downs I have attained to date, and is nothing short of an achievement for me. What about yours?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had millions, but going down on round 1 is usually the worst.

But my number one worst down was when origins first came out. My two teammates had died out, so it was just me left against the Panzer zombie. Id literally ran around for about 10 minutes trying to kill him. I finally do it, only to get stamped on by a robot. That was a bad game.

Edited by lead_psychopath

Most embarrassing down? Too many to name like Psycho said.

I have a few embarrassing fails I could share, not necessarily downs.

1. I PAPed a weapon during Bonfire sale, but forgot to pick it up. Not only did I lose my weapon, no one else was able to take advantage of the sale.

2. On a good run on Moon, I accidentally "tried to make a crawler" in the spawn room.

3. On one of my best NML runs, I teleported to Moon. I was on pace beat my previous high by more than 30.

4. I lost count how many times I trade in Mustang and Sally thinking it was CZ 75. I need my M&S.

5. You ever lose a perk and forget you no longer have flopper or jug?

6. You ever so sure you have the right robot foot but get stomped?

That's all I have right now.

1. I PAPed a weapon during Bonfire sale, but forgot to pick it up. Not only did I lose my weapon, no one else was able to take advantage of the sale.

2. On a good run on Moon, I accidentally "tried to make a crawler" in the spawn room.

3. On one of my best NML runs, I teleported to Moon. I was on pace beat my previous high by more than 30.

4. I lost count how many times I trade in Mustang and Sally thinking it was CZ 75. I need my M&S.

5. You ever lose a perk and forget you no longer have flopper or jug?

Number freaking 5. I was trying to see if it was possible to make a crawler on round 52(?) and threw three grenades at once and thought it would be fine to stand on them after I lost flopper. I get hit by the first one, attempt to jump away and get red screened by the second one, then just enter revive mode as the last explodes what seemed like miles away from me. Needless to say, don't attempt to make crawlers past 30 with frags. Its not possible, nor a very ingenious thing to do. -_- 

This wasn't me but I was in the game spectating when it happened. We have one more step for the Moon egg. All we had to do was watch the rockets hit earth. 

Apparently someone had the great idea to use the teleporter when we had 24 crawlers. It will be fine they said. They go to earth when one of them lags out, The last remaining player manages to get back to the moon but all the crawlers spawned back as runners. We tried to complete the egg but he went down while the rockets where halfway to earth.

Really any down that I know I could've easily avoided. Also downs in the first 4 rounds during Co-Op I'm embarrassed by. It immediately sets up the thought in other players heads that your bad.

Not embarrassed by this one, probably my funniest down actually. It was my 2nd or 3rd game of Origins. I kinda new the map by now, I was not paying attention though. I'm running around, randomly decide to look up. 50 thousands tons of robot foot stomps on me. I laughed at that so much because I was not expecting it, I think it was my first or second time getting stomped. It was just that unexpected that it was funny haha.

4. I lost count how many times I trade in Mustang and Sally thinking it was CZ 75. I need my M&S.5. You ever lose a perk and forget you no longer have flopper or jug?

Number freaking 5. I was trying to see if it was possible to make a crawler on round 52(?) and threw three grenades at once and thought it would be fine to stand on them after I lost flopper. I get hit by the first one, attempt to jump away and get red screened by the second one, then just enter revive mode as the last explodes what seemed like miles away from me. Needless to say, don't attempt to make crawlers past 30 with frags. Its not possible, nor a very ingenious thing to do. -_-

Nearing round 30 on Ascension, i kept buying grenades and throwing them into the horde at the Lander pad (grenade wall-buy there), it took about 25 grenades to make them crawlers.

Too many, I'm sure. But everytime that i let the kick from rg2 push me off of the edge of the building in Die Rise comes to mind.

Too many, I'm sure. But everytime that i let the kick from rg2 push me off of the edge of the building in Die Rise comes to mind.

I've actually never went down due to the mark II's kick... yet. But Mustang and Sally? Yeah, that's a different story. I was killing the scientist on five from the balcony and pushed myself back marginally enough to hit the safety bars on the balcony and boom, reviving Ya Boy BrayJay.

It's usually when I get really cocky, being the only one left, but at the same time nervous because everybody (usually 4 people) is watching me, and I get downed from that :( 

Though one time, on Grief Mode in Cell Block, it was just me left, and I see two of the opponent team staring at me. I got about 5 seconds to think about this, when one activates the acid trap above me, killing me instantly LOL XD I rage quit tbh.