The Perfect Zombies MMO [ Impossible Concept ]

Welcome back and today I have a new concept. Most likely this concept has already been done but I want to give it a shot anyways. The probability of this concept actually coming true is extremely unlikely due to our current technology not being enough to support it. At least I think it;s impossible. 

The idea is for a Zombies MMO the likes of which have never been seen before. A zombies MMO that truly feels like trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. This means no Special zombies, no gimmicks, and of course endless amounts of undead. It's a first person style game because it works better. It feels different when you are in the shoes of a survivor instead of just controlling them in third person. You have a line of vision and you must keep an eye out at all times. 

Set up - When you first start the Game you will begin with character customization. You can add features to your character as well as some attributes. Once you are done the game will start you off in your home area depending on where you are playing from. For example if you live in russia you begin the game in russia, if you live in canada you begin the game in canada. Once the game begins you are spawned in a safe location. 

The undead - The undead are the main enemies of the Game. unlike most zombie games these zombies are true to the Genre and can only be killed by headshots or blunt trauma to the brain. You can hack and slash these zombies as much as you want but if you don't destroy the brain the zombie will keep going. If a zombie bites you you can amputate but doing so will make you lose a limb, if a zombie bites you somewhere where you can't be amputated you can either opt out or wait to die and come back as a zombie. Zombies come in the thousands. In any one area there could be around 25 to 100,000 zombies out there. Giant hoards are in cities while lakes might have zombies standing in the water waiting to pull you down. the undead are also very traditional due to their speeds. The dead actually move the way george a romero portrayed them in his classic dead series. They are slow, but they come in great numbers. 

Forming Alliances - In this MMO you can form alliances with other people and scavenge for Items which you will desperately need. You can also barter with other players. beware, not everyone will be helpful. There are some players which might want to rob you or take you hostage. 

A realistic World- In this world you can go to any country you want. As long as you have the supplies, a plan, and lots of time to spend making your way through the undead world. 

Barter System - There is no money in this MMO. if you want to trade for something you have to trade supplies. This means I'll give you a weeks worth of food for Medicine to cure my fever. 

Forming Communities- If you manage to build up a large group of people you can begin rebuilding a community. Build walls to keep the dead out. Clear out houses and set them up as your base. Create new buildings if you have the manpower. Assign everyone a job so that you have a good supply of food, ammunition, and weapons. 

Scavenging- One of the main things you need to do is to Scavenge for supplies to keep you from starving to death or to help you defend yourself. items are rare in this MMO and once someone takes something it's gone. The world Spawns new Items every week in real time. Allowing the world to always have scavenging opportunities 

Death - Dying in this MMO , whether you are killed by another player, fall and break your legs, or get eaten alive by the undead will cause you to reanimate as a zombie unless you were killed by a shot to the head. At any time another player can find your corpse, Walking or dead, and take your supplies. However if you can manage to find your zombie counterpart and kill it, you can reclaim your supplies. The only downside is that you spawn with no weapons and only a vague idea of where you were killed if you didn't check the map before dying.

Skills - Everyone has skills. The more you play and do activities in this MMO, you will learn valuable skills that will help you. You can focus your studies on ammunition making, or perhaps making new weapons using blunt objects, Learn to hunt or create traps, Learn stealth or how to work a boat. You can even learn how to get a car working again and use it to cover large distances provided you have the gas.

Climate and time- Time is very important in this MMO. Timezones actually change depending on what location you move to and moves the same as real time. The weather also changes depending on the season and region you are in. This will effect the way you need to think about surviving. 

items- Pretty much everything you can get a hold of can be used as a weapon, a building item, or a means of getting supplies. Some items may be useless while others are vital to your survival. You can break into an abandoned camping shop and if there are any left, take a hatchet, a tent, a backpack, and some tennis balls. The Hatchet can be used to cut down some trees, the tent can be used to sleep in, the backpack can be used to store items, and even the tennis balls have their use. Use them to attract zombies away from you by hitting certain objects with them, or use them as a way of knocking something down. 

vehicles- The world is yours, will you travel to the coast and find a boat? Will you ride a horse through the fields? Will you manage to get a train moving? Perhaps you even found a small plane you can use to get somewhere far away.

In today's gaming era I honestly don't see something like this happening. I really don't think even Pc could pull something like this off. I'm talking about a Game made to support thousands and thousands of players at the same time, No servers, no lobbies, Just one HUGE map with every single player who is playing at the moment in the exact same game. The requirements would be insane. This is why I think something like this would be impossible. At least, in today's gaming age. It's still fun to dream though.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck getting tech to run the game without lag when over 30000 ppl are on a huge map. I dont think even top gaming pcs can handle that and no server could jold all that. And consoles would have a longer wait for the tech to come

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

I think im gonna freeze myself in ice and wait for it to be possible before thawing out.

Good luck getting tech to run the game without lag when over 30000 ppl are on a huge map. I dont think even top gaming pcs can handle that and no server could jold all that. And consoles would have a longer wait for the tech to come

I think im gonna freeze myself in ice and wait for it to be possible before thawing out. Why not carnonite like han solo?