Advanced warfare launch date: Trayarch's checklist

People begin hearing the first about the next year's COD normally just after the first or second DLC is dropped.  My logic is that once one game enter's DLC season, the next game enters early production. This may not be exactly how it works but I can't be too far off. 

SO What I am doing here is making a checklist for trayarch, post the BIG things you want in the next game and I'll add them to the list. THEN hopefully if trayarch uses this site at all, we can give them a list of what we want in the next game. THIS WAY trayarch can pull more of what players want then what they want to put in themselves. I should mention there is no particular order to the list, however things highlighted in BLUE are more important, and things in RED are VITAL. 

So let's start the list.

-Character customization in zombies (Designed only for game mode versions of players) 

-Better quality story: More hidden radios, less vague towers...

-Customizable armory (Box modification, chose starter weapon, pick permaperks) 

-PRIVATE matches return, or at least a way to play 2-3 player zombies towards the leader boards

-More gamemode maps

- Better build-ables

-Improved Ranking system 

- Bring back the O4

-Improve PAP attachments (Mini-flamethrower/ray gun) 

-The wonder fizz returns

-Make us WORK to find hidden things, having it spoon-fed is no fun!

-Bring back the Raygun Mark 2 (Would make great pre-order gift/micro dlc) 

-No more Tranzit/Die rise type building system, MOTD/Origins type for low-buildable maps, and Buried type for high-buildable maps. 

-Less tediousness, MORE action!

-Like AW's firing range, Give us something to do during the match-finding screen

-Zombies only DLC drop

-New loading screen music, I highly recommend using "Aether" from origins. There could also be an easter egg for turning it back to samantha's lullaby. 

-More control over perma-perks, and more punishment for using them (The more you have the harder it is to level up) 

-More punishment for using the bank.

-Stop teasing PHD flopper… 

-Filler maps with no reverence to the final DLC is not exactly greatly appreciated, perhaps micro-transaction DLC for these filler maps? 

-Duel sided easter eggs are a NO! Duel sided is complicated and unwanted. 

-Keep the locker (Sorry BHS it's a good tool for joining a game and it's not game changing either.) 

-UPGRADEABLE WONDER WEAPONS! Even if they have to work like Origin's staffs. 

-The community is not always right, I'm sure you guys can come up with a far better map then a carnival… (no offense to carnival map makers, it just has no relevance to 935 or 155 or vrill or anything) 

-Less perks that are activated by going down!

-Directly linked easter egg steps, no more random "do this" "kill zombies here" "kill X with this" make it a more fluent system, like the buried easter egg until you got to that random shooting-range step… WTF was up with that… 

Don't make players dependent on buildables (unless it's the theme of a map, like an oxygen tank in an underwater map) 

You know what a good wonder weapon is, none of this "best wonder weapon ever" BS when you give us the thrustodyne aironomics, build a better gun. We have a WHOLE area of good ideas for this exact purpose.

NEXT GEN CONSOLES ONLY!: We don't want the games to be less then what they should be, and if 2015 zombies is still for the 360/PS3, it won't run any better then BO2, which is sad, please focus on next-gen abilities only. 

DLC preloading-  I didn't even know this was a thing, but yeah! This way EVERYONE can enjoy the game exactly when it's released! Waiting til 6:00AM means something now! 

Neither the O4, nor the N4's story is done, please bring back both parties. 

-REWARDS TREYARCH- Even if it's just stupid cosmetic pieces for our multiplayer avatar. 

-Improved theater mode for XBONE and PS4

-Map specific ranks would be epic

-Continue to not let things like rank make it easier to play. 

- (For multiplayer) WE ARE SERIOUSLY SICK OF REMAKING MAPS FOR "NOSTALGIA", BE CREATIVE AND MAKE NEW ONES. (Unless it's just a simple survival map remake for kino or something in zombies… that may be cool) 

-Probably the most important thing ever:

BRING BACK THE CRAWLER THAT DOESN'T DIE OUT!

Anything else you guys want to add? 

Edited by Stop mocking me0
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No filler maps Like Motd. Cotd was perfect, you had guest characters and you kept the map relevant while it furthered the story instead of interrupting it.

Remove the Bank

Remove the Locker

No survivor made weapons

upgradeable wonder weapons

make the characters important, no random survivors with no backstory or relevance to group 935

if you are gonna make extra modes make it good instead of like turned. Balance things out

Don't listen to the community when the best Idea they have is to have a map in a carnival. Make the Maps Relevant to the story and don't try to squeeze story elements into a location that does not deserve it.

Just because the Fans think something would be cool, doesn't mean it will actually be cool. Do what you have to do, not what the fans want.

No useless perks like tombstone or who's who.

Easter Egg steps must be chain reactions. No more " This thing does this and somehow it lights up this bulb." Easter egg steps must each have an effect giving the next step a reason for existing.

No two sided easter eggs. Only one path leaving no doubt to what's canon or not.

Add more customization Options

Don't have almost every single map be in America. Have unique places like Germany, Russia, Africa, International waters, the Amazon, Egypt. Be more creative.

If you are gonna have buildables don't make players dependent on them

The ranking system in Black ops 2 Promotes Rage quitting. Fix that so that everyone will reach max level eventually with no way of losing your rank. Either that of have no ranking system at all.

Edited by Black Hand Smith

Treyarch*

Vital:

- DLC Preloading: 2-3 days before the DLC comes out, please let us download it but have it unable to be used until DLC drop. You can do it with games, why not DLCs? This would allow people who don't have 10000000000mbps download speeds to actually play the DLC when it drops, like they should be able to. You pay to get it, how come you should have to wait 10 hours when others wait 5 minutes? Don't try and blame it on them being too cheap to afford better internet. Some places just don't get amazing internet, and nothing can change that. The max download speed on the type of connection offered out here is 24mbps down/ 1mbps up, and I rarely get above 10 down and 0.5 up. Not to mention the fact that next-gen DLCs are so large!

- Bring back the N4: Our story wasn't over. Nothing suggests that they die in Buried, and they were very interesting to many. I actually like these guys a lot. They aren't done.

- Bring back actual rewards for completing tedious tasks. (make them less tedious)

- Bring back the N4, Maxis and Richtofen. | no O4

- More variety in Zombies, à la Shangri-La shriekers/napalm zombies.

- No bank and locker.

- Bring back le Theater Mode.

- Bring back multiple sides of each EE in each map. Neat idea that you can choose who to follow. 

- Either make special boss rounds unpredictable and very hard, or just one really hard to beat boss like the Panzer that can spawn at any moment.

What Zombies NEEDS:

Removal of the 4 perk limit - The most urgent thing, 8 perks only 4 can be bought? Why? OR ill expand on this idea below.

Refined Leaderboards - Private matches return, but when someone disconnectes or leaves a game, leaderboards carry on.

If you disconnect from a game, you have a 10 minute period where you can join back in with your guns perks and points, and remain on the leaderboards.

Glitchers be HEAVILY penalised. First offence - glitched round removed from leaderboards and one "strike against your profile visible to all players. Second offence - ALL your rounds removed, Third offence, Your ability to post to leaderboards is permanently removed. Hackers jump straight to third offence punishment.

A saving system, BUT, only usable past round 50, only allowed to save on rounds 50,75,100,110,120,130,140,150 and every 5 rounds after, once you load a save it is deleted if you die it is deleted. High rounds should be doable for everyone, not just people who have a week with nothing to do and 15 hours a day to play.

Improved ranking system, keep BO2 ranks IDENTICAL, BUT! Add alongside an extinction-esque levelling system that each prestige adds a point that can be spent on permanent upgrades such as:

Insta kill lasts 5 seconds longer

Double points lasts 5 seconds longer

Ka-boom grants 500 to you instead of 400

Carpenter grants 300 points

Max Ammo refills the current clip

Start with 8/80 in the pistol rather than 8/32

Start with 1000 points instead of 500

Mystery box price reduced to 900 for you.

Perks have 250 points taken off the cost.

Perk limit raised to 5/6/7/8/9 (one point spent raises limit by one)

All of these would be available by max level, no choosing which to buy and which to miss out on, max prestige will allow enough points for all upgrades

(I think these arent too game changing but give an incentive to level up and prestige, anything like "start with jugg" or the like would be too OP)

Survival maps return, with classic wonder weapons:

Farm- Thundergun

Bus Depot- Winters Howl

Nuketown - Wunderwaffe

Town - Scavenger/Thundergun.

OR see the above wonder weapons return in some fashion.

MUCH more in depth custom games:

Start on any round up to 100

Start with any amount of points

Start with any guns

Set which perks /Pap are available on the map.

/ ALL disconnected from leaderboards

Much more in depth stat tracking:

Stats such as: Times mystery box used

Times each box gun recieved

Times each wall gun bought

Times each gun papped

Times each perk bought

Kills on each map

Downs on each map

(Maybe map specific ranks)

Total points earned/spent.

This thing should be as in depth as GTA V's stat tracking.

All a players stats are viewable by pressing dpad right on their name in the lobby, you will be able to see how good they are, if they box spam, if they have any glitching "strikes"

Things zombies does NOT want:

Rediculous wonder weapons

Origins-esque wonder weapons (3 hours to set up for a solo?)

Zombies dying out (no crawler keeping)

Stupid perks (Whos who? -.-)

Buildables (MY OPINION, I hated them)

People quitting games (I know nothing can be done, but...)

Turned

Grief maps that arent also survival maps (No Cell block survival? Borough?)

Electric Cherry causing solo players to get stuck upon death

Atlantis or any underwater map, seriously Youtubers, stop with this BS idea.

Second bus route-esque theories (I know this isnt Treyarchs fault but this is SO annoying how people believe that BS)

Please take into account these are all MY OPINION. People may disagree, and thts fine.

Feel free to improve/constructively criticise any of these ideas!

Edited by PunchAPack

- Bring back actual rewards for completing tedious tasks. (make them less tedious)

- Bring back the N4, Maxis and Richtofen. | no O4

- More variety in Zombies, à la Shangri-La shriekers/napalm zombies.

- No bank and locker.

- Bring back le Theater Mode.

- Bring back multiple sides of each EE in each map. Neat idea that you can choose who to follow. 

- Either make special boss rounds unpredictable and very hard, or just one really hard to beat boss like the Panzer that can spawn at any moment.

This literally contradicts almost everything in the OP. 

-yes I agree

-The N4 and the aetheric couple will undoubtedly return, unless the next game is set in the reality that maxis is dead… 

-Sure why not, but we can't do that for every map, this isn't top priority, I will be redoing this for DLC 1 come november 2015, I will add this then. 

- The bank and locker are really helpful if you join a game, particularly the locker. The bank is a bit cheat-y but I feel if there's more punishment for the use of bank players will be less inclined to use it. 

-That was literally the most useless thing in the world with the 360 and Ps3, however with the XBONE and PS4, their recording capabilities will be far more enhanced. 

-Choosing who to fallow needs to stay as a BO2 thing. I don't want to pick between horrible easter egg type A or B every game come next year, and so far many people agree. 

-Sure why not. 

put every perk on every map let us decide what to buy.

This will never happen for a few reasons: 

1- Certain perks don't use well together: 

Tombstone-Who's who

2- As of now there are  12 perks total:

Jug

Speed

Double tap

QR

PHD

Staminup 

deadshot 

mule kick

tombstone

who's who

electric cherry

vulture's aid

If we did this not only would it take up obscene amounts of room, (Well this issue can be fixed by the WF) but it would also mean getting all perks rewards (for easter eggs) would be useless. Further more we haven't even gotten to new perks introduced in the next game! That's at least 13 perks to pick from… and 13 perks to reward! Way too OP, origins is OP to begin with holding only 9… 

What Zombies NEEDS:

Removal of the 4 perk limit - The most urgent thing, 8 perks only 4 can be bought? Why? OR ill expand on this idea below.

You are both right and wrong, we need more perks to buy because of next game there will be too many to chose from, but we also have to remember the "Chose wisely" bit, perhaps a 5 perk limit? 

Refined Leaderboards - Private matches return, but when someone disconnectes or leaves a game, leaderboards carry on.

If you disconnect from a game, you have a 10 minute period where you can join back in with your guns perks and points, and remain on the leaderboards.

I like this.

Glitchers be HEAVILY penalised. First offence - glitched round removed from leaderboards and one "strike against your profile visible to all players. Second offence - ALL your rounds removed, Third offence, Your ability to post to leaderboards is permanently removed. Hackers jump straight to third offence punishment.

The point of glitters is that they don't know whom is glitching or not. This is an issue that can never be solved properly. 

A saving system, BUT, only usable past round 50, only allowed to save on rounds 50,75,100,110,120,130,140,150 and every 5 rounds after, once you load a save it is deleted if you die it is deleted. High rounds should be doable for everyone, not just people who have a week with nothing to do and 15 hours a day to play.

Many people rarely even make it to 50 or higher…. I assume this would only work for solo games, so why not be able to save any round? 

Improved ranking system, keep BO2 ranks IDENTICAL, BUT! Add alongside an extinction-esque levelling system that each prestige adds a point that can be spent on permanent upgrades such as:

Insta kill lasts 5 seconds longer

Double points lasts 5 seconds longer

Ka-boom grants 500 to you instead of 400

Carpenter grants 300 points

Max Ammo refills the current clip

Start with 8/80 in the pistol rather than 8/32

Start with 1000 points instead of 500

Mystery box price reduced to 900 for you.

Perks have 250 points taken off the cost.

Perk limit raised to 5/6/7/8/9 (one point spent raises limit by one)

No, rank should not actually make it easier to play. 

All of these would be available by max level, no choosing which to buy and which to miss out on, max prestige will allow enough points for all upgrades

(I think these arent too game changing but give an incentive to level up and prestige, anything like "start with jugg" or the like would be too OP)

8 Perk limit isn't game changing? 

Survival maps return, with classic wonder weapons:

Farm- Thundergun

Bus Depot- Winters Howl

Nuketown - Wunderwaffe

Town - Scavenger/Thundergun.

Why would we want to see old survival maps return? And why would we put old wonder weapons in them? 

OR see the above wonder weapons return in some fashion.

MUCH more in depth custom games:

Start on any round up to 100

Start with any amount of points

Start with any guns

Set which perks /Pap are available on the map.

/ ALL disconnected from leaderboards

Don't very much see the point, it'd be easier to just keep leader boards the same and add options like: "First room only" Which makes it so players can't leave the first room or something of the sorts. 

Much more in depth stat tracking:

Stats such as: Times mystery box used

Times each box gun recieved

Times each wall gun bought

Times each gun papped

Times each perk bought

Kills on each map

Downs on each map

(Maybe map specific ranks)

Total points earned/spent.

This thing should be as in depth as GTA V's stat tracking.

All a players stats are viewable by pressing dpad right on their name in the lobby, you will be able to see how good they are, if they box spam, if they have any glitching "strikes"

Map specific ranks are a thing I HIGHLY encourage and have been encouraging, the rest of this seems like useless tedious coding. 

Things zombies does NOT want:

Rediculous wonder weapons ​…. That's kinda contradictory. 

Origins-esque wonder weapons (3 hours to set up for a solo?) Why do you need more then 1 staff on solo? 

Zombies dying out (no crawler keeping) YES!

Stupid perks (Whos who? -.-) The game can't be all flags and roses, we need some disappointment as well. 

Buildables (MY OPINION, I hated them) Buildables are fantastic I will not add this to the list. 

People quitting games (I know nothing can be done, but...)

Turned Was a good game mode idea, but executed poorly. 

Grief maps that arent also survival maps (No Cell block survival? Borough?) Can't give the players everything.

Electric Cherry causing solo players to get stuck upon death I have never once experienced this glitch

Atlantis or any underwater map, seriously Youtubers, stop with this BS idea. Actually an underwater map is a very good idea, go into the future section and find my map idea called "Deep". 

Second bus route-esque theories (I know this isnt Treyarchs fault but this is SO annoying how people believe that BS) This is in no way trayarch's fault like you said, this point in your list is useless. 

Please take into account these are all MY OPINION. People may disagree, and thts fine.

Feel free to improve/constructively criticise any of these ideas!

This isn't a place to post your ideas, just make a new thread for that, this is a place for key points and improvements to ask trayarch for.

Sorry I guess I misunderstood the meaning of this thread.

The Origins taking 3 hours to set up is doing the Easter Egg, to have Ice and Wind staffs accessible together for Max Ammos.

Taking into account most of your comments, I guess a few of my ideas would be either OP, too game changing or not liked by everyone.

Whilst the majority arent, Some leaderboard Glitchers are infact rather easy to identify,people who have round 95 Origins with 12 Kills... Or round 100 on any survival map, or round 25555, rounds that are simply impossible to achieve can be removed.

Another note, I read in the OP that they need to "continue to not let rank affect how you play" well it bugs me that only bone or crossbone players can buy the Ray gun from the wall, Im shotgun and this really annoys me.

Edited by PunchAPack

Sorry I guess I misunderstood the meaning of this thread.

The Origins taking 3 hours to set up is doing the Easter Egg, to have Ice and Wind staffs accessible together for Max Ammos.

Taking into account most of your comments, I guess a few of my ideas would be either OP, too game changing or not liked by everyone.

Whilst the majority arent, Some leaderboard Glitchers are infact rather easy to identify,people who have round 95 Origins with 12 Kills... Or round 100 on any survival map, or round 25555, rounds that are simply impossible to achieve can be removed.

Another note, I read in the OP that they need to "continue to not let rank affect how you play" well it bugs me that only bone or crossbone players can buy the Ray gun from the wall, Im shotgun and this really annoys me.

Thing is, they don't get to keep that ray-gun, next game it's not a wall buy. It's simply a tool for lesser skilled players to enjoy. Once the training wheels come off the real fun can begin. If one allows every shotgun to hold more then 4 perks, but the skulls don't, that's not really fair because those who are skilled actually have lesser difficulty in their game. 

-Choosing who to fallow needs to stay as a BO2 thing. I don't want to pick between horrible easter egg type A or B every game come next year, and so far many people agree. 

This is because of bad EE design in general, not because players had the option to choose which EE to do.

- carry over statistics from bo2, even the ranking system.

- more indepth EE's

- dont make us do EE steps for general gameplay

- speed up games, allow multiple parts to be carried. Allow the organised player to carry others without looping the map 15 times to set up.

- a new style NML mode and ranking for every new map.

-

Personally, i think Bo2 was pretty good.

This is because of bad EE design in general, not because players had the option to choose which EE to do.

It got cut in half mate, equal effort goes into both sides don't slice it and you've got a better EE. Also, this means  there's two final rewards, which means each one will be equally shit. I'd much rather have 3 main easter eggs with one path and one epic reward instead of 2 paths and 2 horrid rewards. 

Well I just hope it will also be released on the 360/ps3 :|

I really hope it isn't, porting the game back to the inferior consoles will mean we won't get a better running game then BO2. And that SUCKED! It should be 100% for next gens only.

not everyone can afford a PS4 or XONE, you should know that and i hope they bring back skins for the box

I really hope it isn't, porting the game back to the inferior consoles will mean we won't get a better running game then BO2. And that SUCKED! It should be 100% for next gens only.

not everyone can afford a PS4 or XONE, you should know that and i hope they bring back skins for the box and/or bring the black hats into zombies, that'd make it so you can hack perks to get an upgraded version for half the price (or just half-price)

Treyarch*

Vital:

- DLC Preloading: 2-3 days before the DLC comes out, please let us download it but have it unable to be used until DLC drop. You can do it with games, why not DLCs? This would allow people who don't have 10000000000mbps download speeds to actually play the DLC when it drops, like they should be able to. You pay to get it, how come you should have to wait 10 hours when others wait 5 minutes? Don't try and blame it on them being too cheap to afford better internet. Some places just don't get amazing internet, and nothing can change that. The max download speed on the type of connection offered out here is 24mbps down/ 1mbps up, and I rarely get above 10 down and 0.5 up. Not to mention the fact that next-gen DLCs are so large!

- Bring back the N4: Our story wasn't over. Nothing suggests that they die in Buried, and they were very interesting to many. I actually like these guys a lot. They aren't done.

That is a great idea Nai.

IMO I think they should continue, and even expand the stats tracking. Buildables should not be weapons, only defenses like the zomb shield.  Other than that I trust their creativity and vision, but i just don't know if i can wait another 14 months lol

not everyone can afford a PS4 or XONE, you should know that and i hope they bring back skins for the boxThis may be true, but let's be real, at the current rate of ps4/xb1 sales, the current gen user base will be pretty close to 40 million by the time 2015's COD rolls out. There is absolutely no reason to build a game for the few stragglers that are left behind on old gen tech, and it will mean a better game for everyone if they do.

As for a list of stuff, customization, more perks to choose from, next gen only, expanded leaderboards, and more maps, and modes.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

Lesser quality, weaker gaming, 3 MORE years for new console goodness, angry players by the bucketful<<< Having to buy an XBONE or PS4

Try getting one on black friday if the grandmother doesn't stab you for it first….

The way the Xbone's price has been dropping, it will not he shocking if next year you can get one for 249 on Black friday. Not to mention PS4 could very well have a pricecut, and very likely will next year. If you can't save 400 bucks up over a year, than not only do you have the wrong hobby, but you likely aren't able to buy COD yourself anyways...