Is ANYONE opposed to custom characters?

Customizable characters  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This seems to be a big thing now appearing in Ghost's and AW's multiplayer, and what I want to know is, does everyone want it to continue over into zombies? 

Rules:

-The appearance of the player does not actually effect the player's gameplay (Other then rumors) 

-The custom character is only available in non-story modes. For example: We would still see russman, stu, marelton and misty in buried, but borough would consist of our own creations. 

-Some customs are earn-able others are purchasable. 

Because as far as I see it, no one has yet to oppose to this idea, and with the way IFW and SH have gone about doing things, I don't see why zombies would be different.

And if both the MP public and the zombies community react highly to this idea, well.. Trayarch would be a huge dick not to put it in COD 2015… 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Custom characters are ok. Just as long as they are in alternate modes or in a mode where it's just party games. For some odd reason I believe main story characters should not change. I prefer characters to wear their canon clothing during a regular match of zombies. Imagine if you could take nikolai's Hood off. It just wouldn't feel right. 

Regular Games - Canon characters, Canon appearances

Alternate modes and custom games - Custom characters

Me. I hate custom characters, don't ask me why.

I also hate multiple endings to games, I much prefer a more linear structure, so it's probably to do with that.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

WIthout a reason I'm just going to assume you're trying to be hipster. Ok mocking, you twisted my arm.

I hate the way with multiple endings of games, you have to complete them so many times to get all of the endings.

I love freedom in a game, but only to the degree of when I'm not playing the story, I can do things. I'm a player who would check out every room on a level to make sure I didn't leave anything behind. Do I want to do that several times just so I can see a different 2 min fmv. No. No I don't.

I feel customisation is a similar issue with me. The choices. The choices! Yeah I'd love that snazzy hat, ooh, what about that mask! Ah man, this camo is well cool! How do I decide what to go for?!

But wait a minute, I can't see it on myself?! Derp, it's a first person shooter!

Customisation would be sold to me if I could customise how I saw other players. Not how I look to them, but they look to me. Yeah, that'd be really nice.

I agree with the multiple endings thing to an extent. I like my defined endings.

I like defined characters and protagonists too. But honestly, custom characters would be tons better than just random CIA/CDC characters with no personality or backstory whatsoever. You would be invested in them, creating your own story for your survivor.

• Moderators

You would be invested in them, creating your own story for your survivor.

We both know that will not happen. The only way to do that is using your imagination. :P

On topic: I wouldn't mind customizing your character as long as they aren't silent 24/7. Before I get customizable characters I want some actual good maps though.

Well that's what I meant haha. It's a bit hard and lacking to do that with the CIA/CDC as they're just generic and you're kinda stuck in that role. But with custom characters, at least for me, I would be more invested in them.

I'd love a facial editor like Skyrims, but I imagine it would be something basic with a limited number of preset faces, colour, etc.

well, i agree that custom characters should be introduced to zombies, but for ALL modes, not just survival/turned/grief and perhaps you could make your own story due to it and it'll give people freedom so they won't moan when they get a character they absolutely hate (it happens a lot)

Edited by Kyle8957
  • Moderators

Well that's what I meant haha. It's a bit hard and lacking to do that with the CIA/CDC as they're just generic and you're kinda stuck in that role. But with custom characters, at least for me, I would be more invested in them.

I'd love a facial editor like Skyrims, but I imagine it would be something basic with a limited number of preset faces, colour, etc.

Oh I apologize for misunderstanding. 

I thought you wanted 3arc to do some kind of story editor.

Given I had a thread about this very thing not to long ago, I'm all for the idea. It would be nice if Survival was a little bit more involved and had challenges much like Extinction per round and the freedom to customize and unlock things for you very own Survivor.

I don't know where this alternate ending talk is coming 

I think zombies needs a canon story. That means no multiple endings. Because with black ops 2 we were given 2 sides and now we don't know whats canon and whats not

from but the main post has nothing about different endings. 

But in response to that, it would be fairly easy enough to twist the arms of both maxis and richtofen and start on a single one-sided storyline from the maxis ending… 

you know my opinion on this mocking, Just most of all it could be neat if the character linked to your mulitplayer, so you could have a few custom characters that are your lil babies to use in multi and zombies. My only thing that might get in the way is call of duty takes itself waaay too seriously. Ghosts cured that a bit with camos like blunt force and ducky. I want things like that to expand so we can have a colorful, fun, and silly game.