Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StillTHUGGISH

WaW PC help

Ok guys, I don't know if this is where I put this, but I purchased WaW for PC thinking I'd be able to play it on my laptop which is an older laptop but not ancient well unless your looking at your laptop lol. I loaded the game following the steps in the setup wizard and it looked good. When I load the game the main screen comes up like everything is good I get sound and pic I was über excited. But when I click on any if the options it just goes to a black screen and I can't get it to load anything. No Campaign no zombies solo or multiplayer I am confused because if my vid card on my PC was not good enough to play it I feel the main menu would not even load but I have never played PC games before. If anyone has any ideas please let me know as I am dying to play custom zombies any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Awards

Did you buy the stand alone copy or through Steam? What operating system is your laptop running, and finally, what is the graphics chip type? ie: ATI, Nvidia or Intel Intergrated?

I have the stand alone disc and I am running xp as far as graphics goes I'll have to look tonite when I get home I'll post what it is tonite guess I should have looked that up before buying it I just figured it was an older game and would not take much to play it

Awards

If it is a Windows XP built laptop, then the chances are the graphics chip will not be supported by the game unless it was an actual gaming laptop.

That being said, you can check the full compatibility with your laptop here : http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=28&game=Call%20of%20Duty%205:%20World%20at%20War

You cannot upgrade the graphics on normal laptops... no. Only gaming rigs.

It would be better and cheaper to get a PC. You can pick up PC's that are a few years old now for peanuts and they will be more than capable of running WaW on high settings provided their is a decent(ish) graphics card inside.

For example, you can buy a low-end graphics card for around £40/$60 that would play WaW on the highest settings without any real issue, and buying a decent dual-core PC for about £100/$130 is very easy if you shop smart.