How Nuketown could have been better

So basically Nuketown always thought a little, well incomplete to me, like Trinity Ave. it looks like it should have been playable and they could have done more with the map such as they could have made it bigger and have 8 perks (PhD, Stamin-up, Deadshot, Mulekick, Jug, Double Tap, Quick Revive, Speed Cola and Pap, but Jug would have to come before 20) I really felt that the perks were half-assed in BO2, except Origins where you can get all 9 but they nerfed PhD. So what are your opinions on this?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think nuketown is pretty awesome the way it is. Who needs 8 perks? I like the fact that it is a challenging map, without stuff like buildables to slow down the pace. I've heard other people say that it would be cool if mule kick dropped at round 30 or 40, I kind of like that idea. But my only complaint about this map is that they didn't make a grief mode for it. Would be an awesome grief map.

I think nuketown is pretty awesome the way it is. Who needs 8 perks? I like the fact that it is a challenging map, without stuff like buildables to slow down the pace. I've heard other people say that it would be cool if mule kick dropped at round 30 or 40, I kind of like that idea. But my only complaint about this map is that they didn't make a grief mode for it. Would be an awesome grief map.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I love Nuketown, and I think it shoves players out of their comfort zone.

Having said that I would've loved a proper wonder weapon for the map. Either something unique, or something like the Wunderwaffe.

sent from my brain using 115 and magic

I personally hate Nuketown. It is nothing to do with it being challenging. I actually like the perks dropping down randomly and find the map considerably easy, but the layout is just awful and it's extremely boring to play.

Prior to release they talked about opening the map up more and I would have loved to see that. As it is, it is the second smallest zombie map to scale and that is a tragedy considering it was one of the main selling points for the Hardend & Care Package Editions of the game prior to release. How can they legitimately have thought that making the map SMALLER in size that the original MP map was a good move!? 2-3 players can have a fun game on the map, but 4 player is just a mess. Also poor that it lacked a wonder weapon, but the M27 was a welcomed addition at least.

It is possibly my least favourtie zombie map of all.

I personally love Nuketown, It's my most played map. I love the challenge it gives.

Of course it'll be small. Nuketown was a small map in Mulitplayer. Not sure why some people didn't expect it to be small.

I do agree that it should've had another Wonder Weapon other than they Ray Guns.

• Moderators

I personally hate Nuketown. It is nothing to do with it being challenging. I actually like the perks dropping down randomly and find the map considerably easy, but the layout is just awful and it's extremely boring to play.

Prior to release they talked about opening the map up more and I would have loved to see that. As it is, it is the second smallest zombie map to scale and that is a tragedy considering it was one of the main selling points for the Hardend & Care Package Editions of the game prior to release. How can they legitimately have thought that making the map SMALLER in size that the original MP map was a good move!? 2-3 players can have a fun game on the map, but 4 player is just a mess. Also poor that it lacked a wonder weapon, but the M27 was a welcomed addition at least.

It is possibly my least favourtie zombie map of all.

Are you sure that they talked about that? 

I personally do not recall something along those lines.

Are you sure that they talked about that? 

I personally do not recall something along those lines.

I definitely remember reading a fair amount of discussions regarding such. One interview I read was a Q&A on CharlieINTEL I believe where they discussed opening the map up more to make it work as a zombie map, then I remember hearing something about time constraints putting an end to that one though.

I remember reading something on Reddit that was "apparently" from a Dev saying that Nuketown was supposed to be bigger, but due to ongoing issues with Tranzit, the Nuketown team were told to finish the map as is and move over to help get Tranzit fixed due to the looming deadline.

The Reddit article could have been fake obviously, but I definitely remember the Q&A interview... it was what made me pre-order the Hardened Edition in the first place.

Well, it's nuketown, a map known for being small and chaotic so I don't see the point of opening up areas that didn't exist in the MP experience. I consider this my warm up map for the most part, I can't say I love it because I don't, but I am far from a hater when it comes to this map.

I find it good to start with the chaos, that way my next games will seem more at ease, or if things do get out of hand, I am more ready.

Also, remember this was just a piece of bait for everyone at launch, it's meant to make you want to get the hardened/ultimate additions of the game, and a small piece of story to sate those of us that want that sort of thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I would have really liked to have stamin up on the map. I think having flopper just makes it too easy. When the game first came out it was sort of like "Whoa I got to use mustang and sallys.....without flopper? Shit." It was actually pretty bad ass to play without flopper. Then again stamin up makes it easy as well but not nearly as easy as flopper (for the early rounds at least, later on stamin up > flopper. Well in solo, in co op flopper would be better). 

Wait, how did origins nerf flopper? 

It still takes away splash damage. 

It still causes massive explosions when one dolphin dives. 

What could be nerfed about that? 

It seems nerfed because it's really not useful. Mustang and Sally being gone takes away the best use for Flopper. The perk itself is mostly the same but considering the rareness of having to take fall damage or explosive damage on the map, it's not a very useful perk like it was in previous maps. Most players don't consider it a priority perk and go for most of the other perks before Flopper. The main reason to want it is for grenade or War Machine use on insta-kill.

Nuketown is fine, for a small map it has good running areas. Moreso than some larger maps. I like the random drops as it spices things up and changes early round strategies. High round strategy I think all they needed was to incorporate a trap to make it a less tedious chore to knuckle out high rounds. I think a true wonder weapon would make it too easy and too quick.

Fast spawns, open areas. A wonder weapon would make it one of the easiest maps ever made. Even easier than die rise.

Wait, how did origins nerf flopper?

It still takes away splash damage.

It still causes massive explosions when one dolphin dives.

What could be nerfed about that?

It seems nerfed because it's really not useful. Mustang and Sally being gone takes away the best use for Flopper. The perk itself is mostly the same but considering the rareness of having to take fall damage or explosive damage on the map, it's not a very useful perk like it was in previous maps. Most players don't consider it a priority perk and go for most of the other perks before Flopper. The main reason to want it is for grenade or War Machine use on insta-kill. Go get yourself the fire staff, and phd........ Nerf away til 70ish

High round strategy I think all they needed was to incorporate a trap to make it a less tedious chore to knuckle out high rounds. I think a true wonder weapon would make it too easy and too quick.

Fast spawns, open areas. A wonder weapon would make it one of the easiest maps ever made. Even easier than die rise.

If any of you are/were familiar with managing spawn control, and how easy it makes things, especially on farm, then after rd35, nuketown is just as easy, if not easier then farm....

Edited by mralways1
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this is a bit late, but I have been busy with stuff, they nerfed flopper by reducing the flopping damage, and it just isn't a useful perk on this map at all unless you use the raygun and somehow kill yourself with it's splash damage which had it's range considerably lowered in BO2, yeah sure with the ultimate staffs phd is decent, but I mean crawlers at round 25 WITH the staff, nty.