class system

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread was poorly thought out...by which I mean not thought out at all, so allow me! :)

BADASS(Tank):

-10% More HP

Lucky you, survive two hits without juggernog! That is besides two in very quick succession (im talking milliseconds)  After purchasing Jugg, this is further increased to your advantage!

-10% Increased Bullet Damage

Do a bit more damage...yay.

!-Power Skill: Walking Death

Double tap X quickly to pull out a huge death machine! Has unlimited ammo, and scales up damage so it is very useful no matter the round! Lasts for 10 seconds, and has a 120 Second Cool down.

NINJA(Sniper/Melee)

-200% Bonus Melee Damage

Knife in one hit on round three? Sign me up! (Applies to Bowie knife and Galva Knuckles as well. Does not apply to golden spork-esc weapons)

-Build in ballistics CPU/grip!

This trained killer can't be held back like your average soldier, Keep that sway at bay with the NINJA! (applies to normal guns, but especially powerful on sniper rifles)

!-Power Skill: Vanish

Double tap X quickly to become invisible. Zombies completely ignore you, snipers get an enormous damage bonus, and melee attacks become an insta-kill. Lasts for 10 seconds, and has a 120 second cool down. (NOTE: cannot be used when below 100% HP, its not intended to be an escape)

SCIENTIST(Tactician)

-Frag Grenades are replaced with Shock Charges

These little electric dicks will damage, slow, and disorient zombies. Keep them at bay by setting them up at choke points for later, or be a crazy person and chuck them into a train...both ways work. Purchasing semtex grenades will create a tracking device sticky.. or TDS. Throw them around to make a mini-map, or stick a zombie to keep track of it until it dies.

-Tactical Boost

Claymores gain increased damage and count, throw down this little baby with double power. And you get three every round! Tactical Grenades have a max total of 4, and you replenish one every round now! 

!-Power Skill: Z-Strike

Call in a powerful strike. This missile can go through walls or rock, whatever is in your way (cause eff logic its zombies). Has a 240 second cool down, and cannot be used more than once per round.

BOOM(Explosives Expert)

-300% Increased explosive damage, this includes grenades, rockets, launchers...everything that blows up besides claymores.

MAKE EVERYTHING GO BOOOOM

-Extra BOOoOM

Frag/Semtex Cap increased to 6, Get 3 back every round. Missile launchers and such have +10 added to their total ammo reserves. Underbarrel launchers get DOUBLE reserve, and automatically come on papped assault rifles. 

!-Power Skill: BIG BOOM ASSAULT

Double tap X to pull out a large cartoony bomb in each hand. Tap LT/RT to toss them out rapidly, taking about half a second to pull out a new one per hand. You are temporarily immune to explosive damage. Lasts for 10 seconds, has a 120 second recharge time.

SURVIVOR(Survivor...)

-Honed Body

Boosted reload speed, running speed, switching speed, ect. (Not as fast as speed cola/stamin-up. Crazy fast with the aforementioned perks)

-Suit Up

Tactical Mask/Combat Boots/Flak Jacket are all on your prepared body. Take significantly less fall and explosive damage, stun and gas attacks from special zombies have little effect on you.

!-Power Skill: Eject Button

Double tap X to pull out a comical oversized eject button. Blasts you forward about 20 feet. Has a 240 second cooldown, and cannot be used more than once per round. 

Prince, it's all just too OP. Besides 10% more health, as in 4.4 hits with Jugg?

10% more bullet damage is just too much as well, especially since dt2 gives you double bullet damage, so essentially the tank would have 220% normal damage.

10% quicker healing would be much better.

Pulling out a gun with unlimited ammo? Come on.

Ninja actually isn't too OP, minus the invisible thing.

A double damage claymore? Way too powerful. As is a claymore can easily wipe out an entire hoard of zombies in the mid 20's, 2 can do it well into the 30's, you want to double them up, and give an extra. That would last until 45 lol.

Survivor isn't too bad.

Just take away all of the extra abilities, they would make the game too easy, and all of the OP bonuses.

• 2 weeks later...

Prince, it's all just too OP. Besides 10% more health, as in 4.4 hits with Jugg?

10% more bullet damage is just too much as well, especially since dt2 gives you double bullet damage, so essentially the tank would have 220% normal damage.

Also if you think claymores would last until 45 you have no idea how zombies health scaling works

A double damage claymore? Way too powerful. As is a claymore can easily wipe out an entire hoard of zombies in the mid 20's, 2 can do it well into the 30's, you want to double them up, and give an extra. That would last until 45 lol.

Survivor isn't too bad.

Just take away all of the extra abilities, they would make the game too easy, and all of the OP bonuses.

And i thought i was the OP nazi. 

Unlimited ammo, as in the death machine? Something already in the game? 

Also you just proved your noobiness a bit. Tank seems the most attractive but it is actually the worst class. 

I mean they are all good ideas, but not the kind of things you would see in the game. Maybe a different game. They all seem really powerful, and zombies in low rounds has a very barebones feel to it. Your gun does so little damage and 2 hits and you're dead. If you were all powered up from the start it becomes more about killing than surviving.

I always imagined it being more like this: You just get to choose your melee weapon and pistol. Get a magnum which is a one hit kill to the head on round one, which has really low rate of fire (ghosts magnum) and slow reload. it also starts with the least reserve ammo. Or get the classic M1911. OR get another pistol which is full auto and has less damage per bullet but the most reserve ammo.

Maybe choose your own melee weapon too. Normal knife, or slower knife with double power, or faster knife with less damage.

Maybe even grenades. Standard frag, molotovs, or semtex.

Maybe pair it up. your 3 classes could be:

Classic Survivor - Knife + M1911 + Frags

Lone Gun - 44 Magnum + Big Knife + Molotovs

Tactician - Machine pistol + Small Knife + Semtex

I don't want to add all kinds of crazy abilities. But like I've said in other threads lately, multiplayer lets you express your style much more than zombies. In zombies there are variations of strategies, but there are usually ultimately one gun or loadout you want to end up with, at one location, with one strategy. There are all kinds of players but if they all play the same way then the game isn't allowing them to be versatile enough and still succeed. I don't want classes to be a major change, or for any class to be better than the others. But just different enough for different kinds of players to actually play differently.

Also if you think claymores would last until 45 you have no idea how zombies health scaling works

Survivor isn't too bad.

And i thought i was the OP nazi. 

Unlimited ammo, as in the death machine? Something already in the game? 

Also you just proved your noobiness a bit. Tank seems the most attractive but it is actually the worst class.

For someone who almost exclusively uses bullet weapons, an additional 20% damage is huge...

An extra .4 hits (well really an extra full hit since you obviously can't be hit .4x) is also huge. As is, with a shield, you can turn into a corner, wind the monkey and toss well before you die, if you add another hit, it just makes it easier.

And maybe you didn't understand what I meant about the claymores. You want to have 3 claymores, at 2x normal power, basically 6 clays. Now mind you I have never bothered, or thought about testing such a thing, but I imagine 6 claymores would take down at least a round 42 zombies, since 2 can easily take out a round 33 hoard with a few crawlers kicking around after.

I am an OP nazi btw. Completely against a lot of the things already in the game, wonder weapons included.

This thread was poorly thought out...by which I mean not thought out at all, so allow me! :)

BADASS(Tank):

-10% More HP

Lucky you, survive two hits without juggernog! That is besides two in very quick succession (im talking milliseconds)  After purchasing Jugg, this is further increased to your advantage!

-10% Increased Bullet Damage

Do a bit more damage...yay.

!-Power Skill: Walking Death

Double tap X quickly to pull out a huge death machine! Has unlimited ammo, and scales up damage so it is very useful no matter the round! Lasts for 10 seconds, and has a 120 Second Cool down.

NINJA(Sniper/Melee)

-200% Bonus Melee Damage

Knife in one hit on round three? Sign me up! (Applies to Bowie knife and Galva Knuckles as well. Does not apply to golden spork-esc weapons)

-Build in ballistics CPU/grip!

This trained killer can't be held back like your average soldier, Keep that sway at bay with the NINJA! (applies to normal guns, but especially powerful on sniper rifles)

!-Power Skill: Vanish

Double tap X quickly to become invisible. Zombies completely ignore you, snipers get an enormous damage bonus, and melee attacks become an insta-kill. Lasts for 10 seconds, and has a 120 second cool down. (NOTE: cannot be used when below 100% HP, its not intended to be an escape)

SCIENTIST(Tactician)

-Frag Grenades are replaced with Shock Charges

These little electric dicks will damage, slow, and disorient zombies. Keep them at bay by setting them up at choke points for later, or be a crazy person and chuck them into a train...both ways work. Purchasing semtex grenades will create a tracking device sticky.. or TDS. Throw them around to make a mini-map, or stick a zombie to keep track of it until it dies.

-Tactical Boost

Claymores gain increased damage and count, throw down this little baby with double power. And you get three every round! Tactical Grenades have a max total of 4, and you replenish one every round now! 

!-Power Skill: Z-Strike

Call in a powerful strike. This missile can go through walls or rock, whatever is in your way (cause eff logic its zombies). Has a 240 second cool down, and cannot be used more than once per round.

BOOM(Explosives Expert)

-300% Increased explosive damage, this includes grenades, rockets, launchers...everything that blows up besides claymores.

MAKE EVERYTHING GO BOOOOM

-Extra BOOoOM

Frag/Semtex Cap increased to 6, Get 3 back every round. Missile launchers and such have +10 added to their total ammo reserves. Underbarrel launchers get DOUBLE reserve, and automatically come on papped assault rifles. 

!-Power Skill: BIG BOOM ASSAULT

Double tap X to pull out a large cartoony bomb in each hand. Tap LT/RT to toss them out rapidly, taking about half a second to pull out a new one per hand. You are temporarily immune to explosive damage. Lasts for 10 seconds, has a 120 second recharge time.

SURVIVOR(Survivor...)

-Honed Body

Boosted reload speed, running speed, switching speed, ect. (Not as fast as speed cola/stamin-up. Crazy fast with the aforementioned perks)

-Suit Up

Tactical Mask/Combat Boots/Flak Jacket are all on your prepared body. Take significantly less fall and explosive damage, stun and gas attacks from special zombies have little effect on you.

!-Power Skill: Eject Button

Double tap X to pull out a comical oversized eject button. Blasts you forward about 20 feet. Has a 240 second cooldown, and cannot be used more than once per round. 

THANK you, somebody knows what i'm on about!

Survivor isn't too bad.

think of them as perma perks

Engineer:

Turret power: you can build turrets in certain spots

Land mines: you can deploy land mines, good for if you need the box on solo 

Power up: allows you to upgrade perks, enhancing the power from them (not OP because it costs 4000 points to)

Mystery stop: allows you to stop the box from moving (like leroy from buried)

discounts: gives you discounts to perks (excluding PaP, and again, not OP)

Engineer:

Turret power: you can build turrets in certain spots

Land mines: you can deploy land mines, good for if you need the box on solo 

Power up: allows you to upgrade perks, enhancing the power from them (not OP because it costs 4000 points to)

Mystery stop: allows you to stop the box from moving (like leroy from buried)

discounts: gives you discounts to perks (excluding PaP, and again, not OP)

I've always thought it would be neat to upgrade perks, except for Jugg. Just make it incredibly expensive, like 10x the actual cost of the perk, plus a baseline of something that has to he met before you can do it. Then they added the perma perks, and QR in particular was instant...

Not as big of a fan as I thought I would be.

Still without the perma perks, and at 10x the cost to upgrade, I could see it as progress. Certain perks would have to he excluded, Mule Kick (because who needs 4 guns), and Jugg at minimum. Then again if you want yo pay 40k for a 4th gun, I guess have at it.

Well if you think about it. The more classes and the more advancements for those classes the more OP everyone will be unless you up the number of zombies in each round and/or increase the health of each zombies. Or you could make a class that just specifies on the types of zombies that are encountered in the rounds.

Well if you think about it. The more classes and the more advancements for those classes the more OP everyone will be unless you up the number of zombies in each round and/or increase the health of each zombies. Or you could make a class that just specifies on the types of zombies that are encountered in the rounds.

If we were talking about classes that allowed you to spawn with a Mauser, instead of the M1911, or max ammo for your starting pistol, I wouldn't personally oppose. When we start talking about special abilities, is when you lose me lol.