The tomahawk

Good idea?   

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So here's load of words in a row: 

What if we got the tomahawk from the box. It starts off simple enough, replacing the ballistic knives. Push RT to throw in a line for good damage or melee damage. However when upgraded it becomes the hell's redeemer (double upgraded it becomes the hell's retriever. 

Not much to this one. Tell me what you think.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of having it back. And I'd argue that it's pretty easy to obtain anyway, the only difference is that it'd be quicker if you got it from the box.

But I love the idea of grabbing drops, zombies etc. I can't wait to see if sledgehammer's grappling hook mechanic actually works, in which case I'd sooner see that as a tactical.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

I am more than all for the tomahawk. Mob was my favourite map, and the tomahawk was a big part of that. I just feel it makes it too easy for the glitchers. They don't even have to move to get the max ammo and nukes etc. Maybe if they removed that it would be perfect, the glitchers would still have unlimited ammo with it, but at least it wouldn't be too over powered for them.

Well there are many things that made the MOTD retriever OP: 

-Infinite amo with recharge: Solved by removing recharge and must instead hold-X to pick up. 

-Everyone could obtain a HR with no issue once it had be opened. With it from the box only one person can obtain it, even then it's not even the retriever, it's just a tomahawk. It would still need to be PAPed. 

If everyone got an upgraded ballistics knife on MOTD as a tactical with infinite-recharge amo it too would be OP. 

I feel like it might work interms of gameplay mechanic, but storywise wakes no sense. The retriever never started out as a normal tommahawk. It was forged by satan in hell. There is no reason why inserting a normal weapon into PaP would turn it into that. Maybe something similar, but not the actual retriever.

Also as has been said, potentially OP. I think thet removing the infinite uses is more of a nerf than making you press X to pick up. That just makes it slightly more inconvenient, but still has infinite power.

A cool idea but what the plain tomahawk come back to you? If not it seems pretty pointless, I would rather have semtexes.... And definitely not upgrade to the HR etc. that was made for MOTD and only MOTD. Some maps have their special features and I love the retriever! I just want to keep its justice in MOTD. For now I'm saying no on the tomahawk unless it's different from the retriever and gets a facelift

i like it however it must be map specific, imagine running farm on tranzit. Just charge your redeemer and kill at any level. Whilst it's equipt it needs t be really tight maps or NO power ups.

On Motd you could run all day on the bridge but it's slow, if you wanted to replenish ammo you needed to go back. That balanced it a little. In saying i love the idea, just think it would be overpowered in open areas with max ammo drops.

Edit, i think it would be perfect if it was like claymores. 2 shots per round or more if a. max ammo drops

I Don't think you guys understand it's not a tactical, it takes up a weapons slot now as you have to be able to upgrade it, eliminating one of your weapons. 

If I was on tranzit I would not feel OP with a tomahawk I would have to retrieve after every throw, once upgraded I still wouldn't feel OP because I will use my other weapon accordingly, only one guy can have it, I have no instant-access to it, it must recharge, and I guess sense it's just a replica of the HR it won't be as strong past round 15.