Should Treyarch wipe the slate clean? Yay or Nay?

treyarch story  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What many don't realize is what purpose would there be to buy all the DLC without story?

Without the story many people wouldn't care about die rise if they just looked at it now. Heck they might even throw origins away from their view.

The story makes it so people want to buy ALL DLC as opposed to single ones.

I bought three of the map packs from bo1 without knowing a story existed. I just enjoyed the gameplay. So I'm gonna disagree with u there. However when I learned of this storyline it made the game every better.

What many don't realize is what purpose would there be to buy all the DLC without story? 

Without the story many people wouldn't care about die rise if they just looked at it now. Heck they might even throw origins away from their view. 

The story makes it so people want to buy ALL DLC as opposed to single ones. 

are you kidding? You buy the DLC for the same reason anyone who buys modern warfare dlc or any other games dlc. Its new content and new maps!   I really think especially here at codz, that we overestimate the average (average meaning non-codz member, just plays the game for fun) cod players familiarity and obsession with the zombies storyline.  Sure they may be aware of some aspects, but a map like mob of the dead and origins, for the casual zombie fan was probably a "clean slate" situation especially if BO2 was their first zombie experience.

If continuation of the story was so vital to the enjoyment of zombies, then how are there so many thousands of new people that start playing with the new release?  I knew tons of people who never played WaW and started with BO1, and many more that never touched zombies until BO2, and especially the ones that started with BO2, had little to no background of why the earth was fried and who these people were, yet still had a blast and got hooked...

But would you buy ALL the DLCs is my point. 

I would have never bought Shangri-la without wanting to complete the story. 

I usually buy the season pass.  many many people do.  I also play MP, so i buy the map pack for that aspect as well.  The zombies story has in no way shape or form ever influenced my decision to buy a map pack.  per example, MotD and Origins, arguably may not have had anything to do with the "canon" story, but the game play in both is enough for them to be worth the purchase. 

Gameplay>>>>>Story. 

I buy DLC just to have them all. Unless it's MW3 which I did not buy any Dlc for . Even if I wasn't interested in the story or the Eggs I would still buy Maps that not everyone likes just for the sole purpose of having a completed set. Not to mention I would buy anything if it had the Cod Zombies brand on it. On another Note I love Shangri-la I find it to be My favorite Map

Would anyone buy shangri-la for it's gameplay if it wasn't needed for the moon EE post DLC3 season?

gtfoh! shangri-la is one of my favorites! awesome atmosphere and quite challenging. fun WW, spikemores, bowie knife returned.  Literally nobody I know purchased that to see what happened in the story, they bought it because its FUN to PLAY

I tried to write this out in a nonconfrontational way, but failed, so I went with blunt:

Treyarc sucks. They make poorly programmed, glitchy, c- games.

They have proven themselves as being bad at balance, their glitches are innumerous, their fixes cause more harm than good often, then the new issues don't get addressed. Bo1 is arguably the worst cod to date.

Both bo1 and bo2, the campaign was so functionally bad (gameplay-wise) as to be embarrassing and unplayable.

I'm fairly sure that if it wasn't for zombies, they would gave been kicked from the cod franchise after the disaster of bo1.

So, whether they go with new or continue the laughably pathetic zombie storyline, it will be chock full of fail with typed with fail sauce.

I'm not trolling, they deserve their reputation as a joke game designer.

Hate me if you want, but outside this forum, they get no love.

I wish crackheadvision would give the zombies to someone who could make it well because i love the mode a much as i despise Trollarch

Hate me if you want, it's just what I see/hear regarding Trollatch from the gaming community as a whole.

/end blunt. :)

(Don't be mad, I have refrained from bashing them for quite some time).

As long as we accept mediocre garbage, guess what we will get?

• 2 weeks later...