Returned TranZit - Map Concept

Naitrax

Disclaimer: I did not steal this idea from CRU_NINJA_575. He simply sparked my interest enough to do a full map concept of this. 

I actually had this idea way back at the end of January this year. Go to topic

Returned TranZit - A Map Done Better

To many, the disc map of Black Ops 2, Green Run (a.k.a TranZit) was a huge flop. I am in agreement with them to a certain degree. I still think TranZit is one hell of a map, which had so many great ideas that I wish had returned, but which sadly didn't. I am here today to share with you my idea for a large set of improvements which would allow TranZit to reach it's full potential as one of the best maps ever in Zombies.

My first step will be to get you acquainted with the current layout of TranZit.

TranZit has 5 main locations; the Bus Depot, Diner, Farm, Power Station and Town. The map is set up in such a way that it is a giant circle-ish shape, with the bus taking the direct path along the large open roads of the county.

20130114032005!TranZit_Map_by_Yoshimagic

Now that you understand the basic flow of the map, let's start on the improvements.

I would like to begin with some very generic things, such as the fog. I, for one, love the fog, except for the visibility levels. While I understand the fog is supposed to obscure the map, I believe that you should be able to see a little bit in front of you, like maybe enough to see the Power Station from the abandoned train cars near it.

The next, and most important problem with the fog, is the Denizens. WHY ON EARTH DO THEY SPAWN SO QUICK? Who ever would have thought that would be a good idea *cough*Vonderhaar*cough*? My proposal is that the Denizens only spawn once every 7-10 seconds (except on the borders of a zone and around lampposts and stuff, where they spawn at the original rate to allow for travel), and that you can outrun them with Stamin-Up. Overpowered, you say? Just compare it to what it used to be. 5 stabs to kill, with impaired vision and slowed movement, and as soon as you kill it, another spawns 2 cm away, and instantly latches on to your head. It's still 5 stabs to kill without a better knife, and the spawns are still everywhere, except now, with the right equipment, you can have a fighting chance against the Denizens.

Next comes the Bus. My ideas for it take it under a complete overhaul, and give it more of a use than just some moving ammunition/almost-certain deathtrap.

Firstly, the Bus, and it's paths have been widened a small bit. It can now comfortably fit 3 players abreast, and has a few new additions to the inside. At the back of the Bus, where there used to be an inaccessible window, it now has a seat, then a wider window. You can climb up onto the seat and crouch out the window, allowing for a quick getaway in the nick of time. This is a one-way trip however.

The Bus is no longer a wreck from the past. It is now a completely normal bus, but with almost all the interior with the seats ripped out. The outside is that of a normal bus, but with peeling paint, indicating that it has not been used in a long time. It now has not only a futuristic automated Bus Driver, but also has an advanced control panel to it's right. From here, players can purchase things such as "Skip-a-Stop" for 500 points (which simply fast-tracks the Bus past your next stop) and the "U-Turn" feature which reverses the Bus' direction, sending it travelling in the opposite direction to before. These both have cool downs, Skip-a-Stop for 1 minute and U-Turn for a round.

The 3 upgrades for the Bus are not the only things you can do to improve it. You can now find a new engine in the Diner's garage, behind a door which only opens after the first round of the Bus has been made. This increases the Bus' travel speed by a whopping 25%, allowing you to reach your destination much quicker than ever before. Another new upgrade is the addition of 4 mounted Death Machines on the roof, which can be purchased from the Bus' control panel for 500 points, activating a 30-second attack which decimates any zombie which comes too close.

The Lampposts are an alternate means of travel in TranZit, but they are unpredictable. You can jump over 500 times and still not appear at your destination (although incredibly unlikely, very much possible). In this Returned TranZit, the Lampposts now follow a very special pattern; they travel the opposite direction to the Bus. This means that if the Bus was travelling clockwise, you'll be teleporting counter-clockwise. There are also a few more Lampposts to compensate for the map being larger.

Like that?

You're going to love this. It's time for the part we've all been waiting for;

Re-making the areas.

Bus Depot - Tunnel

Ah, the beginning of the map. I don't really see much wrong with this area, except for it's lack of size. 

First things first: behind the Bus Depot can now be opened via a door for 750 where the window opposite the crafting table used to be. Inside the Depot, however, things are very much the same.

Out the back, there are a few new things. The first is a B23R wall buy on the wall to the right of the door you entered from, and purchasable outhouse which holds a buyable switch (500 for the door, 2000 for the switch. Other than that, it looks exactly the same as it does within the game. You can also drop off into the lava pit near the where the Nav-Cardused to be behind a 750 debris, and zombies can drop down as well if opened.

Out the front however, the ground has been widened and the Sieke garage is now openable from the outhouse around the back of the Depot. Inside, you will find the Stakeout for 1250 and a mechanic's table, which doubles as a workbench, but cannot hold any conventional buildables. It simply holds the text "Turn on the Power".

Back outside in the path area, the "Shelter" window has been turned into a door for 1000. This is a long, fog-less pathway that leads from the Bus Depot to the Tunnel. However, it is very narrow, being the width of a double-door. It also is about 1/4 longer than the stretch between the bus depot and the tunnel by bus/fog.

More to come. I am only posting this because I'm tuckered out for the day, and will continue work tomorrow. I wanted to see how my first few ideas are received, as it may change a few things further on down the track.

Thanks for reading this concept, *insert name here*. I am very appreciative, and would love it if you took the time to post a reply giving me opinions on what is good and what needs some refining.

I've been, and will continue to be, Naitrax, and I'm signing off.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tech Admin

Interesting concept Nai, well done - looking forward to the remainder.

I just think that a second bus route should exist that goes past Nuketown - they have implied it, they have shown us the clues, they need to implement it. I just think it was removed previously because of how huge the map was and was also part of the reason why Tranzit was crashing. Anyway, so far so good - keep it up.

• Administrators

I honestly never really disliked Green Run as a map. It is probably my second most played map on Black Ops II behind Die Rise. I agree with you on the denizen spawn, it is a bit much. It was put in place to delay our progression through the area so the map itself could load. I think a more player-friendly solution would be to utilize mud, and as you can see from Origins they learned from their mistakes. My main gripe about the map was the lack of easter eggs. There was so much area to lay scraps of paper of story enhancing radio logs, but they just weren't there. We got that tv transmission, but eh. Nice Ideas Nai!

Great post Naitrax.

I've come up with something of a theory on Tranzit. I find it possible that we're going to see a returned Tranzit, only next time it won't be so run down. Like maybe Tranzit could be the possible home of Samantha(despite being German) and that end cutscene in origins could very well be in Tranzit.(though idk how much sense that would make) but I think it would be really interesting.

Anyone remember the Ambush Round where the bus would break down and dogs would attack. If they would of kept that I would be so happy.

Waaaa???? I just found it. It was a cut round when if you were traveling in a special ambush zone the bus had a 25% chance of breaking down and dogs attacking. You would get the usual max ammo from the hellhounds

Whats I think its a cool concept really makes the journey more interesting compared to what it was and could slow down players which could possible take out the need for as many Denizens. 

Well why keep it lava filled and foggy? They should return it to the original concept. The puddle of lava in town was a fountain, and the diner was a small stop on the side of the road.

So i would say, ditch the lava and thin the fog in many places. But one thing that might be neat is to add weather. Rain could make the bus slower and have window wipers on.. White mist stuff that makes it difficult to see and makes the denizens come back... Thunderstorm that has a 50% chance of having rain as well, that summons the avagodro.

Also some sort of special round... Hellhounds could return as is and chase the bus, jumping in the back window. Or could add the breakdown feature. Another cool idea could be the white mist covers the entire map for a round and you get bombarded by denizens, rewarded with a max ammo at the end.

Finally just add more things to see. Like a handful of houses to pass by through stops, a stable down the road from the farm, open up the bowling alley, open up the church, add a larger gas station between power and town, ect.

Well why keep it lava filled and foggy? They should return it to the original concept. The puddle of lava in town was a fountain, and the diner was a small stop on the side of the road.

So i would say, ditch the lava and thin the fog in many places. But one thing that might be neat is to add weather. Rain could make the bus slower and have window wipers on.. White mist stuff that makes it difficult to see and makes the denizens come back... Thunderstorm that has a 50% chance of having rain as well, that summons the avagodro.

Also some sort of special round... Hellhounds could return as is and chase the bus, jumping in the back window. Or could add the breakdown feature. Another cool idea could be the white mist covers the entire map for a round and you get bombarded by denizens, rewarded with a max ammo at the end.

Finally just add more things to see. Like a handful of houses to pass by through stops, a stable down the road from the farm, open up the bowling alley, open up the church, add a larger gas station between power and town, ect.

I think it would be awesome to have a mode where you play in tranzit before the missile strike. Love the idea of weather.... No denizens round please I would cry. Yes definitely, on my thread I had the idea of eliminating the fog but having a lot more locations like a gas station, market, and to open up all buildings in town (including the bowling alley like you mentioned and also the church would be cool)

Keep the fog to an extent, and instead of Denizens, have something actually threatening lurking in there that could attack you if you dared to venture into those areas.

Denizens are only annoying because they slow you down and you have to keep abusing your knife button.

In my opinion it would be awesome to have mutated wolves or even hellhounds, who toy around with you first - making noises and circling around you (of course hidden by the fog) so you get confused and then if you panic/run into them you're in trouble.

Just played it yesterday… I decided to head to power on the bus while everyone else wanted their precious galvas. I end up going down with the avagadro attacking the bus mid-way between the power and town (No jug yet see). I respawn and do what they're doing: Getting galvas. I earn the money and as SOON as I get the knuckles, all three decide to get on the bus last minute. I run to join them only to fall off the ladder because dumb-ass on top was in the way, I fell strait into the lava and zombies. Goes down instantly, no one tries to revive….. When I respawn again I'm in the TOWN after waiting for the lot to PAP. I swallow my pride and use the bank and get jug. It's insta-kill and I only have 100 points so I start using my M1911 as well as I can… I get caught on a pair of zombies leaving the bar just an insta-kill ends and got down… NO ONE is willing to leave PAP and get me… Not that it mattered…. I respawn again and I get jug with bank  $ again, this time I go into the fog and end up at the dinner via teleports. Everyone else gets over run and dies. I manage to get through the round, so I go decide to get the box which is at the depot. While shifting through lampposts there's some guy with a TRAIN of zombies in the freaking cornfield area. I'm instantly surrounded and downed as he leaves the field via teleporter. WHEN I RESPAWN AGAIN, I am AGAIN in town, I get jug and I run for the power station because that's where the box is. I stop at the cabin and buy the bowie knife, BIG help as I jump through to the denizen-area. It's then that I see some guy has gone down at the power station hitting the box. I revive him only to discover his friend is upstairs with a boatload of zombies. I survive with a red screen only to miss a jump to the bus and get downed… even worse I'm stuck in front of the bus and are currently being dragged THROUGH the fog until I get to the lamp-post and away from two team-mates…. That time everyone died and the nightmare was over. 

Long story short: 

SCREW TRANZIT! 

Just played it yesterday… I decided to head to power on the bus while everyone else wanted their precious galvas. I end up going down with the avagadro attacking the bus mid-way between the power and town (No jug yet see). I respawn and do what they're doing: Getting galvas. I earn the money and as SOON as I get the knuckles, all three decide to get on the bus last minute. I run to join them only to fall off the ladder because dumb-ass on top was in the way, I fell strait into the lava and zombies. Goes down instantly, no one tries to revive….. When I respawn again I'm in the TOWN after waiting for the lot to PAP. I swallow my pride and use the bank and get jug. It's insta-kill and I only have 100 points so I start using my M1911 as well as I can… I get caught on a pair of zombies leaving the bar just an insta-kill ends and got down… NO ONE is willing to leave PAP and get me… Not that it mattered…. I respawn again and I get jug with bank $ again, this time I go into the fog and end up at the dinner via teleports. Everyone else gets over run and dies. I manage to get through the round, so I go decide to get the box which is at the depot. While shifting through lampposts there's some guy with a TRAIN of zombies in the freaking cornfield area. I'm instantly surrounded and downed as he leaves the field via teleporter. WHEN I RESPAWN AGAIN, I am AGAIN in town, I get jug and I run for the power station because that's where the box is. I stop at the cabin and buy the bowie knife, BIG help as I jump through to the denizen-area. It's then that I see some guy has gone down at the power station hitting the box. I revive him only to discover his friend is upstairs with a boatload of zombies. I survive with a red screen only to miss a jump to the bus and get downed… even worse I'm stuck in front of the bus and are currently being dragged THROUGH the fog until I get to the lamp-post and away from two team-mates…. That time everyone died and the nightmare was over.

Long story short:

SCREW TRANZIT!

Ya most of it was because the map sucks really bad, but another part of it is because you have really shitty teammates ;D Edited by CRU_NINJA_575

I think there should be a flashbang and if you open up a portal and throw the flashbang into it, It stops the Denizens from Spawning for a few minutes. 

The bus should not be available until you turn on the Power. Then you have to fix the Bus in order to get it working. 

Screw Tombstone and replace it with something else.