Zombies-only DLC (Cod 2015)

Poll:  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright so, I guess the first question is do we want a zombies only DLC? Or multiple zombies only DLC? 

Let's be honest trayarch's multiplayer DLC isn't what's really bringing in the dough. But it's disc multiplayer is worth something. And the campaign ends with the disc… 

Assuming we WANT Z-only DLC, there are two ways of administrating this: 

A second disc for zombies only.

This is good as it could mean a separation: 15$ for a new zombies map set, or 15$ for a new Multiplayer set. It would however cost us the easy swap between MP and zombies (Not that big a deal) 

Pros:

-More DLC content can be registered to zombies (Meaning the entire GB limit can be filled with richtofen's antics) 

-Zombies runs on a separate disc so likely would mean easier to run in general 

-MORE maps: 2 maps a DLC, or 1 bigger map with more game mode maps. Maybe both? 

Cons:

-Would mean paying extra for MP content. 

-Harder and more expensive for trayarch

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And way 2: Simply making the 4th DLC all for zombies: 

pros:

-Big ole pile-a zombie content rolled up into a big ole DLC of fun! 

-Return of some old maps with it? 

Cons: 

-As many who would buy one would buy it for the MP, the season's pass would likely be kept from production because many people would be pissed for not getting 4 DLCs worth of MP content. 

-Only one Giant helping of zombies. 

Tell me what you think guys!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 discs definitely. Although more expensive for treyarch, if the quality of the game is a lot better it would bring in even more fans and money

Agreed, it splits up things so you get what you want and also gets Treyarch more money while they give us better content

I don't exactly get the need for two discs.

So you can download the MP and Zombies DLC's separately. I guess it doesn't have to be 2 discs but I think its a nice thought.

Hahahahahaha.

You think there's a 1GB limit on DLC's?

There's no limit. On the next-gen consoles, the DLCs for Ghosts are around 4-6gbs.

And the updates are usually 2gbs. 

Say goodbye to ever playing your precious DLCs on release night anyone with a slow connection like me.

Anyway, I don't think either of those is the solution. The game NEEDS to stay as one disc to get the most benefit from the developer's work.

In games, they reuse files from other game-modes and stuff in every mode they make, and if it stays as a single disc, they don't need to download all their pieces again in order for you to load a map.

I think the current way is perfect.

One disc please. Discs can hold so much content now and I enjoyed blops 2 mulitplayer so i assume i will enjoy the next one as well. However I honestly think each pack should have 2 zombie maps. Perhaps only 3 multiplayer maps to compensate? But even that seems irrelivant because they are seperate teams. Anyway a $15 price tag for 5 maps is a bit steep (to some people) and 2 z maps may put many on the fence people into buying it. Plus one of the maps could be made by the campaign team... Mob of the dead and debatably origins were some of the biggest successes as far as map packs go. I prefer the classic team but I know many people love the work of the campaign team.

I see no reason why we need two discs?

A: having one or two or seven discs wouldn't affect DLC at all in any way, unless of course all the DLC was locked on disc, which of course it generally isn't. Some games have DLC like that, or even BO2 had small facets of that with the Peacekeeper and Raygun Mark 2. They were added to all games a patch, it's just only people with the DLC for them can access them. But the additional maps were not on the disc at launch. So adding more discs wouldn't change anything.

B: Next Gen systems use Blu-ray if I remember correctly, which can hold a ridiculous amount of data compared to dvd. So there probably won't be space concerns.

I also think it is highly unlikely they'd split it.

I wish they would I suppose.

Also, I haven't yet seen anyone provide Treyarch approved proof that the Campaign Team (assuming for some stupid reason that there exists a three team division in Treyarch and that a whole group of people are paid to make the campaign and then sit on their asses until the next game.) If someone has something from a Treyarch Twitter page, or Treyarch statement or website please PM it to me, because I'd really like to know.

I think it's pretty safe to bet that while the people who may do the conceptual designs for zombies and MP differ, chances are they use many of the same level designers and animators and coders.

I don't think the building is likely divided into 3 distinct sections.

B: Next Gen systems use Blu-ray if I remember correctly, which can hold a ridiculous amount of data compared to dvd. So there probably won't be space concerns.

Yep, you do remember correctly. That's why all games on Ps3 are just on one disc, whereas on xbox loads of bigger games have several discs.

GTA V was still 2 discs...

EDIT:

Was it actually? I cannot remember now...

Yep, you do remember correctly. That's why all games on Ps3 are just on one disc, whereas on xbox loads of bigger games have several discs.

GTA V was still 2 discs...

EDIT:

Was it actually? I cannot remember now...

Mine wasn't?!

Same guys who created Tranzit/Die Rise/Buried also created Mob and Origins.

This whole 'campaign team took over with producer Jason' is a joke.

A bigger budget does not mean a whole different crew worked on it.

Dual layered Blu Rays have a capacity of 48 gigs.

Do take into account that next-gen games take up a lot more space than previous gen games.

I would love to see more Zombie content with the Map Packs. Especially now that Ghosts has shown other (micro) DLC possibilities besides your standard $15 5 maps. Like for instance: playable character DLC or a Maxis Announcer Pack. But their priority lies with the #1 reason most people buy their DLC: Multiplayer.

But their priority lies with the #1 reason most people buy their DLC: Multiplayer.

I thought it was more-so that most people buy the game for Multiplayer, but DLC for Zombies? Don't get me wrong, Micro-DLC sells like crazy, but actual map packs? Almost everyone I know that has bought Cod DLC did it for Zombies/Extinction, or because their version of MW3 came with Elite. 

Still, we do need better support, such as 2 maps a pack, and better new modes, all of that kind of stuff. The Mark 2 was a nice step in that direction.

It would just be nice if they released all of the maps they have already made in a separate zombies only dlc for us on the next game. Updated guns, perks, textures, resolution, etc. That way the three year wait won't be so unbearable next go around. We would have 15 maps, plus the at least 5 they put on the next game.

There is no need for two discs at all. With the nature of COD being an online game, they can attach a 40gb day one patch with the game if they need.

If they do re release, or re re release (WAW maps) the old maps, there is so much potential to nickel and dime us, and I am completely fine with it. They could create/section off the old maps for game modes like grief, and charge us 4.99 for the grief map pack, or something.

I am sure that most on this board would spend just about any amount of money to get their zombies fix, but I am not so sure about the guys that love the multiplayer, and just dabble in zombies