Micro DLC packs

I got thinking (dangerous, I know) about the idea of having more spin-off/fun maps in future zombies to come to keep the community occupied given the wait between Treyarch releases is now every 3rd year. These maps could either be related, or just maps that go between map packs as they have been doing these past couple seasons, and knowing 3arc, it would probably have some relation to what's going on or it may not, either way would be fine with me.

Basically, take maps like Call of the Dead, Mob of the Dead or even Nuketown Zombies. Filler maps mostly, but they have some relevant EE's and references to when and what's going on. It would be nice if after 3arc's next season, they came out with more of these just to keep the community entertained. Wishful thinking probably, but I've seen posts here and there about new DLC or having more DLC to keep the fans entertained while we wait for the next "main" map and season to come out.

Could even go a step further and borrow the idea yet again from Ghosts and being able to customize your character a bit. For maps like Nuketown, where you're just CIA or CDC agents, it would be refreshing to just be your own survivor in these "micro" fun maps.

They don't even have to be this big elaborate map either. Say for example TranZit, and how you can play survival in each separate section of the map; That would be cool if there were even just micro DLC's for new Survival locations or "No Mans Land's" should we say for example. You have your main zombies DLC's that come with map packs, then Micro "Survival" maps thereafter just because.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BO2 could release a 5th map pack for just before or after advanced warfare's launch. 

It shouldn't contain any new storyline or maps, however, it should contain a plethora of new zombie game-mode maps: 

Turned die rise, grief origins, Survival docks. 

Six new game maps, two of which are a whole new game mode "Team undeath match", which players run around able to kill both their enemies and the zombies. Lasts 6 minutes, and when one dies they return to their spawn with all their weapons back. 

Expanding more off the customization bits, it would be nice to unlock features for completing various challenges (as mentioned here) such as new camos, gear, face paint etc. for customized characters. For example say you upgrade your weapon 5 times in one game; that would unlock the "Blops 1 PaP camo" for upgraded weapons if equipped and so forth.

Expanding more off the customization bits, it would be nice to unlock features for completing various challenges (as mentioned here) such as new camos, gear, face paint etc. for customized characters. For example say you upgrade your weapon 5 times in one game; that would unlock the "Blops 1 PaP camo" for upgraded weapons if equipped and so forth.

rather than an "in one game" type of deal, I think one cool thing would be a lifetime achievements type of thing.  Similar to the camos in black ops 2 multiplayer (which have made it have crazy replayability for me even to this day).  But even moreso, if anyone is familiar with the Badass rank system in Borderlands 2.  Basically Its a system of challenges with 5 levels each that add to your rank, and the rank points allow you to upgrade various character statistics.   So with obvious tweaks, you could upgrade your characters weapon damage, recoil, etc stuff like that... OR you could make it only for cosmetic unlockables like camos, player skins, color scheme's for players clothes, and even new guns in the box for very prestigious challenges

Id also like to see the mystery box be tweaked (related to my above idea) to include different guns for different people based on your "rank" or "experience"  since zombies is a team game where (aside from grief) it is all against the zombies, it would help give incentive to play and complete challenges to unlock guns from the box.

just some ideas that were flosing on this fine morning