Origins- Not seperate

Now that I'd like to see. But if they do, they'll just screw up the storyline again just like origins. :(

Dont say those things! Lets have hope that next game they will spend time explaining things with maps not like before.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The origins map is not in the reality of other map, it has been confirmed by Treyarch :

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/dlc/dlc4-apocalypse

Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 Apocalypse marks Treyarch and Activision’s fourth and final DLC map pack for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2, capping-off the year with two all-new Multiplayer Maps, two re-imagined fan-favorite Multiplayer classics, and an alternate-reality Dieselpunk Zombies experience that transports players to the undead-infested trenches of a World War I battlefield.

The origins map is not in the reality of other map, it has been confirmed by Treyarch :

Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 Apocalypse marks Treyarch and Activision’s fourth and final DLC map pack for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2, capping-off the year with two all-new Multiplayer Maps, two re-imagined fan-favorite Multiplayer classics, and an alternate-reality Dieselpunk Zombies experience that transports players to the undead-infested trenches of a World War I battlefield.

Nice find. I have a theory that it is in another world but when we free Samantha it becomes the universe we usually play in.

So many contradictions. It's funny how we as a community just overlook what Treyarch says.

When DLC 2 came out, they said MotD was a "break from the original storyline". Yet the community still argues it's relevance.

In origins, they say it's "alternate reality" yet we argue otherwise.

Personally I believe mob isn't canon. But origins, I still believe it is.

Alternate reality does not mean alternate storyline. That's the way I see it

So many contradictions. It's funny how we as a community just overlook what Treyarch says.

When DLC 2 came out, they said MotD was a "break from the original storyline". Yet the community still argues it's relevance.

In origins, they say it's "alternate reality" yet we argue otherwise.

Personally I believe mob isn't canon. But origins, I still believe it is.

Alternate reality does not mean alternate storyline. That's the way I see it

Very True, even if it is an alternate reality its still the Origins. Heh maybe when Sam said her dad had a plan it was like to move these characters from one universe to another and essentially they are real and Sam and Eddie are in another world to which is in between their worlds.

• Tech Admin

I agree with this. I do not necessarily believe Origins is supposed to be set in some, "alternate" timeline. The whole basis of the map being set in an aternative reality came from that one description of the map that was put there by some site admin guy, not necessarily a dev.

"Origins is exactly what it say's on the tin. We are going back to the moment when our heroes met for the first time! Nikolai, Dempsey, Takeo, and of course, Richtofen, and this is not for the faint hearted. These characters are meeting surrounded by the horrors of war. We have a larger scale than we have ever done before, further enhanced by dynamic weather, from rain, fog rolling in, snow falling. In true zombies style, our WW1 has a dramatic twist... diesel punk! The map feature 2 new era specifc weapons... the MG08 machine gun... WOW! and a new starting pistol for the first time which is the Mauser, and both have been give the diesel punk asthetic. We've introduced the zombie tank. This is a defendable platform that can move around the map that you can use to fight off the zombie horde and also possibly discover a few Easter eggs along the way. Oh by the way... did I mention the giant robots? We have 1000ft mechanical giants striding across the landscape. That gives a verticality and scale that we've never seen before in zombies. It also provides hazards, or oportunities for the skilled player. This zombie map really has to be seen to be believed"

Nowhere in Jason Blundell's breakdown does it mention alternate realities or timelines. Only that one line from the map description on the CoD site and then David Vonderhaar's tweet about it being one of many possibilities, which I must add only got posted after everyone complained about the trailer and how it was completely contridictary towards the current storyline and timeline.

My guess is that it was not supposed to be an alternate timeline originally, but seeing the communities reaction to the map they will no doubt make it non-canon when the next game comes out.

Nice find. I have a theory that it is in another world but when we free Samantha it becomes the universe we usually play in.

Although it is a nice find, it has already been discussed within this topic. The DLC description is the only place that the term "alternate-reality" is mentioned it occurs nowhere else and is not confirmed as an "alternate reality" just because it appears on the DLC description on the COD site.

All zombie maps are set in an "alternate reality"... from the campaign! This map is no different.

"Origins is exactly what it say's on the tin. We are going back to the moment when our heroes met for the first time! Nikolai, Dempsey, Takeo, and of course, Richtofen, and this is not for the faint hearted. These characters are meeting surrounded by the horrors of war. We have a larger scale than we have ever done before, further enhanced by dynamic weather, from rain, fog rolling in, snow falling. In true zombies style, our WW1 has a dramatic twist... diesel punk! The map feature 2 new era specifc weapons... the MG08 machine gun... WOW! and a new starting pistol for the first time which is the Mauser, and both have been give the diesel punk asthetic. We've introduced the zombie tank. This is a defendable platform that can move around the map that you can use to fight off the zombie horde and also possibly discover a few Easter eggs along the way. Oh by the way... did I mention the giant robots? We have 1000ft mechanical giants striding across the landscape. That gives a verticality and scale that we've never seen before in zombies. It also provides hazards, or oportunities for the skilled player. This zombie map really has to be seen to be believed"

Origins is exactly what it say's on the tin... the origins of the story. In true zombies style, things are not what you expect them to be because of things like element 115. Teleportation developed in the 40's, even though in our world teleportation still hasn't been perfected (that we know of). In the zombie universe they have 1000ft giant robots. We still don't have such a thing in ours (that we know of).

The zombie universe as a whole is an alternative reality.

All zombie maps are set in an "alternate reality"... from the campaign! This map is no different.

Origins is exactly what it say's on the tin... the origins of the story. In true zombies style, things are not what you expect them to be because of things like element 115. Teleportation developed in the 40's, even though in our world teleportation still hasn't been perfected (that we know of). In the zombie universe they have 1000ft giant robots. We still don't have such a thing in ours (that we know of).

The zombie universe as a whole is an alternative reality.

Dude I think Giant robots exist dont know what you are talking about, only joking, but before Origins was announced for no reason I heard the sound of something large and mechanical behind my house and then in front of it. Weird.