Why is the Winters Howl not included in COTD?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They probably wanted a new Wonder Weapon for the map as per the norm, and throwing in the Winter's Howl beside it would probably throw balance off whack if people had TWO major Wonder Weapons. Notice how in the Verrukt Black Ops 1 remake, there's no major WW alongside the Winter's Howl.

• 2 weeks later...

The VR-11 is so much better than the Winters Howl that they can't even be compared side by side.

I've always seen the Winters Howl as a bit of a noob weapon up to round 30, and then completely useless after it.  By noob I mean kinda spray and pray at whatever's in your way as opposed to zombie management.

The VR-11 is somewhat effective to about the mid 40s, although it's never completely useless until 60 and above or so.

The VR-11 in coop however is the about the best coop wonder weapon available.

Howl over VR-11, and you keep making posts about people being noobs or not knowing what they are doing.....

• 7 months later...

The VR-11 is so much better than the Winters Howl that they can't even be compared side by side.

I've always seen the Winters Howl as a bit of a noob weapon up to round 30, and then completely useless after it.  By noob I mean kinda spray and pray at whatever's in your way as opposed to zombie management.

The VR-11 is somewhat effective to about the mid 40s, although it's never completely useless until 60 and above or so.

The VR-11 in coop however is the about the best coop wonder weapon available.

Howl over VR-11, and you keep making posts about people being noobs or not knowing what they are doing.....

Ha, well people are noobs at this game. I do know now that VR-11 is better than Howl, but all I was thinking about was the theme of COTD and the weapon itself. Ice. 

But the zombies are already conditioned to the arctic temperatures so what would the Winters Howl do? A fire gun would make more sense, I could see that as helping in the Easter Egg as well.

I agree, to me The Winters Howl should've been on COTD and the VR-11 should've gone on FIVE. Those weapons belong on those maps, even humans from the VR-11 look more like people from the pentagon than from Siberia. The VR-11 would be also effective on the pentagon thief, it could slow him down unupgraded until you shoot him then hes after you again, upgraded he would be permanently slowed down regardless of whether you shoot him.