How old is buried?

Alright, I'll make this quick.. 

I figured, while once again trying to find MORE ways to prove that the apocalypse happens AFTER 2015, not 1960, I began looking into the only map that we've gotten VERY little time-wise data from: Buried. 

So I figured I'd use the sedimentary rock formations around the map to help depict the age up to about 30 years or so. 

Step one would be finding out when victorian style housing appeared in angola.. Angola was first colonized in 1575 by the portugese , however victorian era housing wasn't popular until the 17-18 hundreds, and there is no recollection of older style housing being converted of the sorts. Also one must apply for the attire of the zombies around the map.  After extensive research, the general time-frame is between 1790 and 1850 however, this does not appear to be a colony but a more prominent settlement with such a fancy mansion, courthouse, and jail. We can assume from this that this particular town was some richer man's own personal kingdom, as there was not enough support to build such structures. Placing the MOST LIKLY time of use after the 1790s when african land was more popular for it's… ahem… resources (Slaves, hope no one takes offense for that…) 

Next step is determining what type of rock formation is surrounding buried. Most of Angola is composed of sandstone plates so lets assume it's sandstone (makes sense with all the sand).. 

Now according to my sources, each sandstone layer is depicted as arriving durring intense eras of rain, as water and minerals would stockpile on the harder rock and flow through the sand, eventually the muddy sand water would compact from the heat and pressure until it forged a layer of stone from the minerals in the water, which evaporated. SO we can assume each layer depicts a level of high rain. 

COMMONLY rain is most plentiful between the months of may and august: 

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/46703

But the rain stockpiles remember, so each layer should be about a year, as the rain comes together each summer, at the same time the water evaporates just faster too, making it even easier to get sandstone. 

SO my next step is to go into theater mode and count… EVERY…SINGLE….LAYER… and tell everyone how many lines there are. 

Assuming we've got around 190-210 lines there's one more reason the disaster took place in the 2000s. If it's less we can assume it takes place in the 60s… 

Of course, trayarch may have not been THAT accurate and just decided to put a town underground with sandstone being the most realistic thing… But I will trace this regardless… 

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic