why did they bring back spawn killing?

I don't get it.

When i first bought ghosts at the end of December, the spawn killing was almost as bad as bo2 was, which was weird to me since most of the maps in this game are larger.

Eventually, they fixed the spawn issues. They also fixed the issue where my team would keep spawning by me when i snipe, which made sniping impossible.

So, for months there was no spawn issues.

July 1(?) update, rather than fixing the glaring issues with the game (lobby glitch, fetching profile glitch, grenades, safeguard loot drops, et cetera), they decided to bring back constant spawn kills and to again make teammates load really close.

What is the benefit in having people spawn killed? Why did they revert back to that?

I waited 2 weeks to make sure that it was definitely a change for the worse, and it has been 2 weeks of terrible spawns for sure.

Also, there are lots of playlist updates, yet only 1/3 of the maps in the game appear in tdm, why?

It's team deathmatch, it should be all of the largest maps in the game, yet i constantly see the same small maps.

It's not even that those are the ones that people vote for, the other maps never even show up to vote.

Remove from tdm: octane, Warhawk, bayview, ignition, unearthed, collision, sovereign, and Strikezone. That would greatly improve the game. Otherwise, greatly reduce their chances to show up.

Increase the chances for good tdm maps: Stonehaven, chasm, Stormfront, seige, overlord.

Small maps ruin tdm.

Edited by 83457
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know mate, my friend and I were talking about this last night. We haven't played seige, Stonehaven or chasm for probably a month or two now.

I think you have the same view on the disc maps (that they're a lot better than dlc). For us, we couldn't get enough of reinforced. Now nearly every fucking game is the dome remake. It's actually ridiculous. I've gone from totally adoring Ghosts to loathing it.

I have to give it to the developers in one respect, they have listened to a lot, but Ghosts was perfect with the reinforced patch, now as far as I'm concerned, it's gone to absolute hell.

Sorry for cussing and ranting, it's just Ghosts has me so angry at the moment.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

(Shakes fist at first world problems).

I mean, i get that lots of folk like to troll tiny maps in tdm, as much as i loathe them (the maps, and possibly the people), but at least put the better maps in the rotation with equal chance. Let the voters decide, don't decide for us that we don't want Chasm.

Even in reinforce. They are arguably a bit large for that mode. So? If we want to vote for it, let us. Again, don't decide for us.

And i still can't play the new maps in tdm, because apparently everyone except me loves Kill Confirmed.

Edit: first mp game of the day: i spawn on an ied, so that as i move, i die. Just like when the game launched.

Edited by 83457

I had about 5 in a row, just spawned with people looking at me.

On Stonehaven; spawn, a guy in the open staring right at me (face to face, about 15 feet away), kills me, i spawn 2 feet to the left and shoot him in the back as he walks away.

Strikezone: i was in the 'lower concourse' between the pro shop and the 'load screen area' with the 2 stairs.

Enemies were spawning in the corner by the 2 stairs, running out into my gunfire, dying, respawning there. So it looked like 20 guys ran out from that little corner.

So freaking stupid that they did this. A giant step backwards.

Edited by 83457

Also, is anyone else experiencing these issues since the July patch?

Remember when the game was new? You would get stuck on pointless stuff on the ground (like Origins zombies) where you would just run in place because there was a piece of plywood or a fallen door on the ground. That is back for me since the last patch.

Siege: plywood on the floor, in the mine, by the sniper loft.

Strikezone: fallen door as you leave 'big hitters' heading towards the statue area. Just stop dead on it like it's a wall.

Lots of others that i can't recall at the moment. In Tremor, door on the ground by A flag.

Shield: 3 times yesterday, i hit players with the shield (core) 3+ times without a kill.

Whiteout: vks, 50 foot shot. I'm leaning, firing past the boat/pier at a wookie lying on the snow past the pier. 7 careful shots, not one registered. I finally assumed that it was a teammate, stepped out and he killed me. I have been seeing a huge increase in shots simply not registering, all guns, all game modes.

For the record, i have pulled in quite a few 20nk-0d games with that set up, so i know that i am hitting them and it is glitched, I'm not some zero skill kid whining because i missed.

USR, close range, 4 hitmarkers on the same guy, no kill. He is near the edge of the map, 20 feet away. No other reason for hitmarkers. No grenades, no killstreaks, no stuff behind him (ammo crate, killstreaks, tacticals placed). Just glitched.

It's like the game has constant packet loss, but it only just started the past few weeks.

The 'can't step over plywood on the ground' glitch was constant when i first got the game, but now i haven't seen that in months, until this update.

Also a large increase in players not appearing on screen: like i walk out of a room, look left down an empty hall. I die. The killcam shows a guy in that hall, then it looks like i walk out and don't look left. Like the game loses the information that i looked left, so doesn't bother loading the enemies soldier in my view because it didn't think that i looked left. Well, that's my best guess at what is wrong in that scenario.

Please undo this garbage IW. This is really shameful.

Edited by 83457

Also, is anyone else experiencing these issues since the July patch?

Remember when the game was new? You would get stuck on pointless stuff on the ground (like Origins zombies) where you would just run in place because there was a piece of plywood or a fallen door on the ground. That is back for me since the last patch.

Siege: plywood on the floor, in the mine, by the sniper loft.

Strikezone: fallen door as you leave 'big hitters' heading towards the statue area. Just stop dead on it like it's a wall.

Lots of others that i can't recall at the moment. In Tremor, door on the ground by A flag.

Shield: 3 times yesterday, i hit players with the shield (core) 3+ times without a kill.

Whiteout: vks, 50 foot shot. I'm leaning, firing past the boat/pier at a wookie lying on the snow past the pier. 7 careful shots, not one registered. I finally assumed that it was a teammate, stepped out and he killed me. I have been seeing a huge increase in shots simply not registering, all guns, all game modes.

For the record, i have pulled in quite a few 20nk-0d games with that set up, so i know that i am hitting them and it is glitched, I'm not some zero skill kid whining because i missed.

USR, close range, 4 hitmarkers on the same guy, no kill. He is near the edge of the map, 20 feet away. No other reason for hitmarkers. No grenades, no killstreaks, no stuff behind him (ammo crate, killstreaks, tacticals placed). Just glitched.

It's like the game has constant packet loss, but it only just started the past few weeks.

The 'can't step over plywood on the ground' glitch was constant when i first got the game, but now i haven't seen that in months, until this update.

Also a large increase in players not appearing on screen: like i walk out of a room, look left down an empty hall. I die. The killcam shows a guy in that hall, then it looks like i walk out and don't look left. Like the game loses the information that i looked left, so doesn't bother loading the enemies soldier in my view because it didn't think that i looked left. Well, that's my best guess at what is wrong in that scenario.

Please undo this garbage IW. This is really shameful.

Wow. I thought that was me just being a tool at the game! Did not realise that was an issue when the game came out.

I have a bit of a farfetched theory.

I play on very slow internet (2mb), and sometimes it can take a while to connect to the multiplayer servers.

A few patches ago, it got really really difficult to connect. Literally it would be "connecting to servers" for 5 Mins or so. Watching one of driftors videos he commented that they had changed some of the coding on the matchmaking system/server coding (I'm afraid it was a while ago, I couldn't tell you which video it was).

Anyway, last patch my connection problems disappeared. It now connects in about 30 seconds. BUT, it often states that no lobbies are available, so I have to back out a few times and then it seems to connect.

(finally at the theory)

My theory is that somebody has messed up some of the coding, and they've had to revert back to some of the original coding, hence why we're seeing spawning problems and bizzare lumps holding you back. Problems that were there on release.

That's believable. It is a step back.

I constantly get the connecting to xbox live/fetching profile glitch now, after that being gone for months, so your theory has merit.

Another thing that came back is 'team screw', where one team gets slaughtered, and it seems like your whole teams connection is off; emptying a magazine into an enemy, watching killcams where you didn't fire, team loses 75-20 or something absurd. Or the other way around: the enemies never seen to see you, and your team wins 75-20. Definitely some weird connection issues in this game.

That's believable. It is a step back.

I constantly get the connecting to xbox live/fetching profile glitch now, after that being gone for months, so your theory has merit.

Another thing that came back is 'team screw', where one team gets slaughtered, and it seems like your whole teams connection is off; emptying a magazine into an enemy, watching killcams where you didn't fire, team loses 75-20 or something absurd. Or the other way around: the enemies never seen to see you, and your team wins 75-20. Definitely some weird connection issues in this game.

That's very interesting about the team Screw. I've really noticed it recently where my friend and I either do really really well or really really badly. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium at the moment.

Back to the spawns again though, I had a game earlier where the spawns kept flipping, like every 15 secs, and then just stopped altogether! We kept getting spawned next to a room on stormfront where the enemy team was camping, so we kept running out and dying. Was a bit annoying.

On the note of other maps though, in the last two days ive had a lot of stormfront, whiteout and stonehenge maps in circulation.

Still no Seige though. :-(

Screen shake and teleports are back: your screen randomly moves back and forth. Randomly you teleport a foot left or right. So glad that came back.

Vote for map, map says there are zero votes, yet tells me that i must wait 2 seconds between votes. Glad that came back.

Shoot people, wait 3 seconds for hitmarker/ kill. Glad that came back.

So basically, they just undid most of the fixes for the game, leaving it in shambles.

Honestly u won't get spawn killed if ur really good. I'm the one doing the spawn killing when it comes to bo2 and mw3. In the end if you keno the spawns of the maps then you'll expect your enemy to be about to turn the corner and it all comes down to whether or not you win the gun fight. You're right though the 1 hour I played of ghosts shitty mp there were some pretty bad spawns. I think I'm like, level 15 on that game I hate it!

Screen shake and teleports are back: your screen randomly moves back and forth. Randomly you teleport a foot left or right. So glad that came back.

Vote for map, map says there are zero votes, yet tells me that i must wait 2 seconds between votes. Glad that came back.

Shoot people, wait 3 seconds for hitmarker/ kill. Glad that came back.

So basically, they just undid most of the fixes for the game, leaving it in shambles.

That sounds almost 100% connection related

I've had those issues on all cod games in situations where my internet is sucking or for the small time I was using free apartment wifi to play online lol.  Dont think this is update related imo

Honestly u won't get spawn killed if ur really good. I'm the one doing the spawn killing when it comes to bo2 and mw3. In the end if you keno the spawns of the maps then you'll expect your enemy to be about to turn the corner and it all comes down to whether or not you win the gun fight. You're right though the 1 hour I played of ghosts shitty mp there were some pretty bad spawns. I think I'm like, level 15 on that game I hate it!

I get what you're saying 100%

But Ghosts really does have a massive problem with spawning.

For example earlier today I was having a game of dom. Our team only had flag A, other team had B and C. The other team started to spawn trap us. So what happened? We start spawning on C.

Really?!

On free for all, I have spawned in multiple times on top of enemies, sometimes I kill them, sometimes they kill me.

I get what you're saying 100%

But Ghosts really does have a massive problem with spawning.

For example earlier today I was having a game of dom. Our team only had flag A, other team had B and C. The other team started to spawn trap us. So what happened? We start spawning on C.

Really?!

On free for all, I have spawned in multiple times on top of enemies, sometimes I kill them, sometimes they kill me.[/quote yeah Ik ghost spawns are shit, and I don't understand what they were thinking having huge maps with such weird bad spawns

On connections: all this came back after the patch. Nothing on my end changed, but i will keep an eye out for possible issues on my end (not seeing any with phone/computer/other xbox games, just ghosts continually since July 1. I play ghosts daily). Shrug.

On the new spawn issues; i was playing offline bots with a friend, i turn off killcams to reduce processor lag.

I literally died 5 times in 3 seconds; just spawned next to an enemy who killed me immediately, repeat 4 times in rapid succession. I have not had this issue in months (play ss offline almost daily too).

Oh Idiocy Ward...