King of the Undead - Best Zombie Map Competition

Hey, I'm doing a new series on my YouTube channel where its a cool interactive contest to find out what zombie map is the best of them all. 16 total zombie maps is perfect for a bracket style competition where zombie maps go head-to-head until only one remains. How do we choose which map wins? You vote for it. 

Check out the first video for Round 1, Tranzit vs. Origins and vote for which ever one is your favorite.

I'll try my best to update this post every-so-often, but Subscribing is probably the best way to be notified when a new video is released.

Origins vs. Tranzit - Round 1 - Left Bracket Side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LxLDES3xto&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol that's a little unfair of a line up in my opinion.  Technically speaking that's like comparing moon to nacht when one is just the beginning and the other is suppose to be the grand finale.

I would do line ups based on types of the maps.  Moon-Origins(both final dlcs), Der reise-Die Rise(both easy camp maps), etc etc

Lol that's a little unfair of a line up in my opinion. Technically speaking that's like comparing moon to nacht when one is just the beginning and the other is suppose to be the grand finale.

I would do line ups based on types of the maps. Moon-Origins(both final dlcs), Der reise-Die Rise(both easy camp maps), etc etc

What Nomrah said. It's not really a fair choice.

Lol that's a little unfair of a line up in my opinion.  Technically speaking that's like comparing moon to nacht when one is just the beginning and the other is suppose to be the grand finale.

I would do line ups based on types of the maps.  Moon-Origins(both final dlcs), Der reise-Die Rise(both easy camp maps), etc etc

I don't think I was clear enough, might have been my bad. What I'm doing is I am trying to narrow it down to one specific best map. If I was trying to rank the maps, then I would not do bracket style or do these match-ups. But since I am trying to find one specific best map, this is the best way to do it. So if its "unfair" to TranZit to place it against Origins, then even if I put it against Moon or even Nacht it would still come back later to face Origins or a better map, if it even made it that far. So if TranZit cannot beat Origins in the first match, then its out, because there is a map better than it. I'm not trying to rank the maps evenly, but instead find the one single best zombie map.

I don't think I was clear enough, might have been my bad. What I'm doing is I am trying to narrow it down to one specific best map. If I was trying to rank the maps, then I would not do bracket style or do these match-ups. But since I am trying to find one specific best map, this is the best way to do it. So if its "unfair" to TranZit to place it against Origins, then even if I put it against Moon or even Nacht it would still come back later to face Origins or a better map, if it even made it that far. So if TranZit cannot beat Origins in the first match, then its out, because there is a map better than it. I'm not trying to rank the maps evenly, but instead find the one single best zombie map.

That depends how how specific your parameters are. If you're really specific "Best structure map design" or "best available weapons" or such, then yes a bracket style would work fine. Although I'd still avoid it for anything other than the fun that comes from rooting on your favorites in a bracket style.

However if you're looking for general 'best' then you're not necessarily going to get the 'correct' answer everytime with a bracket.

A bracket like that will essentially ask 'which is better' between two maps, so the qualifications are subjective to that pairing alone.

For example if your bracket was set up perfectly wrong, you could have a rather mediocre map end up in the finals if the one half of the bracket only contains the 'lowest half' of the zombie maps, and the other half only the 'highest half' of the zombie maps, the final pair would essentially be the 'best' zombie map against the exact median zombie map, the one that is smack dead center.

And then to complicate matters more, with some maps, you might not always have: a>b; b>c, therefore: a>c

For example I love Der Riese, Origins, and Mob of the Dead. Lets say between Der Riese and Origins, I would rather play Origins.

Let's say if given the choice between Mob of the Dead and Origins, I'd rather play Mob of the Dead.

The logical conclusion would be I'd rather play Mob of the Dead over Der Riese, but that isn't necessarily true. The maps are too different and especially in BO2 have too many unique features.

It could be I like the MotD more than Origins because it has the Acid Trap and a better atmosphere and the extra features are slightly less obnoxious.

I might like Origins more than Der Riese because Origins has four Wunder Weapons and more features overall.

Then it might also be that I prefer Der Riese over Mob of the Dead because of the abundance of traps, and easier running locations.

I want to be clear here quick, I'm not saying you shouldn't do this, it sounds like it would make an excellent video. A bracket style match up is almost always the most entertaining to spectate.

I'm just trying to share my thoughts on how this might not be completely 'accurate' to what the community, or some decided upon set on quantifications, would say is 'the best'.

I want to be clear here quick, I'm not saying you shouldn't do this, it sounds like it would make an excellent video. A bracket style match up is almost always the most entertaining to spectate.

I'm just trying to share my thoughts on how this might not be completely 'accurate' to what the community, or some decided upon set on quantifications, would say is 'the best'.

Alright, gotcha.

---------------------------------------------------

- www.youtube.com/Immadrunkmonkey

CoD Zombies and more