Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DeathBringerZen

Custom map - Leviathan

Custom Map - Leviathan

2md2s7s.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Leviathan

Description

"The sea should have claimed it - but nothing stays buried for long. This chapter in the Zombies legacy will explore the story of Leviathan, as players dive deep down to the ocean floor with the task of uncovering what happened to the underwater facility. The map includes a variety of weapons and equipment, along with many features unique to the zombie scene and that’s just the beginning. Remember to hold your breath, you don't want to drown." 

— Leviathan Build Team

Features

- Underwater Base and Environment

- Underwater Realism, low gravity and drowning

- Excavators which can breach tunnels

- PES system which prevents drowning

- Black Ops Mod

- Boss Zombie(s)

- Highly detail

- Huge map layout

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Images

2bqeyg.jpg

2wn5l43.jpg

339nlg3.jpg

Videos

Leviathan Mystery Box Test
  Leviathan Mystery Box Test  

Leviathan Beta Trailer
    Small | Large

Download link & Original thread : http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=6039.0

Donor

And this is why I need a PC...

I hope they have like a diver type boss, like a reskin of the Panzer Soldat

I hope they have like a diver type boss, like a reskin of the Panzer Soldat

Or how about a 'Big Daddy' from Bioshock? That would be awesome!

Heard that the map WILL have a boss though, as well as an epic EE. Also seen a few stills of the custom wonder weapon(s) that will feature in the map. Let's just say... you will be more than impressed!

Hearing that this map is now 100% done and should be released in the next day or two. Consider this map to be a direct follow up to Moon, featuring the brilliantly made 'Black Ops 1 mod' by JBird632 and gameplay styles that directly parallel the maps of Treyarch.

Get ready people... this one is going to be something very special indeed.

Tech Admin

I really need to buy a new gaming PC.

I really need to buy a new gaming PC.

Yes, you sure do mate. There is so many amazing maps being released just now that really do stand up well against studio maps. This is one of the most anticipated maps of all time to grace the custom scene, and with 4 of the scenes best working on it I expect it to be something very special.

They are going for a Moon style map so expect to be using P.E.S style masks to travel between areas under water, excavators to stop from flooding rooms, boss zombies, a massive EE and JBird's awesome BO1 mod to make it feel like a direct follow up to Moon.

This one is going to be worth it.

Donor

Coming tomorrow - 

Guys any of you that see this, a retweet would be great :)

Donor

They had to delay the release, I'll update when I find out more.

The release was changed until 12am GMT (Midnight), but may be delayed until tomorrow now due to one of the mappers being unavailable. It will be tomorrow guaranteed though I have been told.

Tech Admin

Just a shame that it wasn't retweeted.

Donor

Well, Im testing right now. And known my rep, it might be delayed more, mappers will update, when they can

Me and my friend tried to play it today, it was fun for what we could play and its really big which is nice but when outside in the water it has a lot of lag. I am not blaming them saying the maps bad as its good and of course it will come with lag, I just want to know if anyone else had this?

Tech Admin

As far as I know a couple of issue exist with it, such as box problems. However, they will fix the known issues, don't know about the lag or what could be done about it but I assume they will be able to do something.

Donor

TBH, there are too many issues in my opinion that exist for the map to have been released.

Speaking with mappers and people who performed some testing from them, I am a little confused as to why it was released when it was.

It's not quite unplayable, but all 4 coop games I have played on it had to be ended due to glitches stopping us completing something.

Be it the box glitching or the EE glitching, I will not be playing it again until these issues are resolved.

It's a very highly polished map, but IMO unplayable for now.

Donor

I don't say this often but... This custom map actually looks good the visuals are ten times better than anything on [email protected] And that already makes this map superior. Dear lord the person who made this needs an award

I had a box problem where my friend tapped it and then neither he or I couldn't pick it up, it also never left the box. Its a good map, I wont say anything bad about its visuals and such but I think that it still could be better with bugs and such, especially such common ones.

Issues aside because they can be fixed, this is easily one of the best custom maps ever created. It is the only map I have played that actually feels like it genuinely is a Treyarch map. Glitches and bugs can be fixed. 10/10 either way.

Issues aside because they can be fixed, this is easily one of the best custom maps ever created. It is the only map I have played that actually feels like it genuinely is a Treyarch map. Glitches and bugs can be fixed. 10/10 either way.

Agreed. It's (by quite some distance) the best thing to have come out of the custom scene. I can only hope it encourages people to start putting some effort in and quit making shitty box maps, THIS is what can be done when you actually use the full potential of WAW.

Also agree with Chopper that it wasn't ready for release, that's what you get for having shitty beta testers (i.e. not me :) )

And to the people on CODZ, if this doesn't encourage you to get into the WAW CZ scene, then nothing will. This is as close as is possible to a DLC5 on BO1 as it gets. If you are all zombies fanatics (which being members of this site you must be) then why aren't you guys all over this?! There's like 5 people posting on this topic...I can't believe that anyone in this day and age doesn't have access to a PC/Laptop of some kind, buy WAW (if you don't already) and download this FREE map. If you have a shitty system, just try it out, if you like it but your PC can't handle it - buy an upgrade! That's what I did, you won't regret it. Don't be put off by the shitty box maps you see on Youtube, there are quite a few stunning maps coming out soon, and who knows you might even be inspired to start making your own map ideas become a reality. :)

Awards

Donor

Yeah gotta agree with DBZ, Stevie and BHS.

This map is polished and sexy as hell.  Whilst the glitches are irritating, that in no way takes apart from the astonishing work that has been done here.

The level of the EE in itself, the voice acting throughout, the teddy bear EE - it does feel exactly like a BO map.

Its a beautiful map, it really is. From what I have seen in game and video wise its really good. I know the lag thing is going to happen, its a big map and its filled with a lot of content, is there any fix to it? Or will it have to remain as it would be a shame to not be able to play it as well.

Its a beautiful map, it really is. From what I have seen in game and video wise its really good. I know the lag thing is going to happen, its a big map and its filled with a lot of content, is there any fix to it? Or will it have to remain as it would be a shame to not be able to play it as well.

The only 'fix' is to lower your graphical settings or upgrade your hardware I'm afraid :)

Awards

Its nothing to do with my hardware, everyone I have played with has had problems underwater. I have even seen it in videos.