Your favorite wonder weapon and why.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thundergun is the "safest" WW to have. It can get you out of any sticky situation. But i wouldn't say it's my personal favorite. The WW I enjoy using the most is probably the Wunderwaffe. Some people consider mustang and Sally to be WW's. Even though they definitely aren't. But if they were, they'd be my favs. Lol

VR-11.

It's so strange. When upgraded and used 'intelligently' it can have a ridiculously high indirect killing potential, as the instakill/invisibility powerup stacks rather than overlaps.

On a slightly more conventional note though, honorable mention to both the Sliquifier, despite being a buildable on a rather 'meh' map and unable to be upgraded, it is actually a really solid Wonder weapon.

The other honorable mention goes to the staves of origins. I think that map had the best mechanics for wonder Weapons, having them challenge based, and one for each player.

P.S. I'd also like to nominate Hell's Redeemer for the best Wonder Tactical.

Okay, I'm done now.

Edited by MegaAfroMan

Scavenger.

Even though it's the weakest weapon, I love the design. 

I've always liked precision rifles, and they give me a wonderful one. The way it shoots, explodes, and even the way it sounds. 

Maybe it is not useful at late rounds, but the Scavenger is very fun to use before round 40.

Scavenger.

Even though it's the weakest weapon, I love the design.

I've always liked precision rifles, and they give me a wonderful one. The way it shoots, explodes, and even the way it sounds.

Maybe it is not useful at late rounds, but the Scavenger is very fun to use before round 40.

Ditto. I love the watching an entire train of zombies explode. Instant killing up till round 34.

Ray Gun, one of the most iconic zombies weapons, been with us through our whole journey and has a nice back story. Has a comic book design and to me was just beautiful. It even got better story wise with Mob of the Dead as they even still mentioned it and then again with Buried showing the new version of the Ray Gun and the Ray Gun Mark II.

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna have to go outside the box and go with the Paralyzer from Buried. It slays them up nicely 100+ rounds, makes it a bit more easier to navigate the map at times, has gotten me out of a few sticky situations, also, its pretty fun flying around the map like a fool!!
Ray Gun Mark II in a close second as its a beast high rounds.

You used literally the only gif that does that feeling justice. :)

Like I said elsewhere, every wonder weapon is "powerful" in its own respect. But the best wonder weapons IMO are the ones that make YOU feel powerful. I mean, the sliquifier could kill hundreds of zombies per shot pre-patch, but you kill slowly and not very dramatically. You don't feel powerful with it. A really good WW is percussive, climactic, or just plain badass. The thundergun has devastating impact, making it percussive. The scavenger has a "build-up" during the timer and it climaxes with the explosion, making it satisfying to use. The Gersch device is like a mix between both, making it bad-ass. Bonus points for the sound effects.

My personal overall favorite? Hmm. It's so hard to say. Lightbing and wind staves for sure, or maybe the thundergun. The vitriolic has a nice balance of punch and build-up too. I can't decide definitively. One of those.