• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the disastrous mess TTK left Destiny in I swore I would not be touching anymore DLC for this current incarnation of Destiny and would wait for Destiny 2 instead but due to Bungie themselves realizing how much they fucked their game up and because of that delaying Destiny 2 by at least a year I decided to at least keep tabs on Destiny 1. I tried all of the live events out but thought they were all really poor. Finally got back into Destiny after the update that icreased the lvl cap, sorted the infusion system out finally and generally balanced the game to the point of it being playable again and that has left me wanting more so I am glad this DLC looks like it will be impressive, unlike the horrific TTK. Will also be glad to finally see the back of those bloody Taken. God I hated them sooooooooo much!

Also... The Gjallarhorn makes it's triumphant return! Yay... Still expect it to be a nerfed shadow of it's former self though.

1 minute ago, DeathBringerZen said:

After the disastrous mess TTK left Destiny in I swore I would not be touching anymore DLC for this current incarnation of Destiny and would wait for Destiny 2 instead but due to Bungie themselves realizing how much they fucked their game up and because of that delaying Destiny 2 by at least a year I decided to at least keep tabs on Destiny 1. I tried all of the live events out but thought they were all really poor. Finally got back into Destiny after the update that icreased the lvl cap, sorted the infusion system out finally and generally balanced the game to the point of it being playable again and that has left me wanting more so I am glad this DLC looks like it will be impressive, unlike the horrific TTK. Will also be glad to finally see the back of those bloody Taken. God I hated them sooooooooo much!

Also... The Gjallarhorn makes it's triumphant return! Yay... Still expect it to be a nerfed shadow of it's former self though.

True, I was so disappointed after the Skolas POE mission that I did not play for for year, skipped TTK. After the infusion, things look more balanced, as you mentioned and the game was playable, not to forget the return of POE. I hit 334 Titan, 333 on Hunter and warlock on my PS4 without even touching a single raid. That made me happy, the game level up system was not entirely dependent on raid gear for once. Not saying raids are bad, just don't have that kind of time to do it on daily basis. Overall, this is a much better game for me now than zombies has been in the last 2 years.

5 minutes ago, way2g00d said:

I forgot to mention, the multiplayer of this game has been more fun than ever. The mayhem clash playlist is so much fun. Levelling up gunsmith and factons, vanguard to get good guns, god rolls and so on is always a fun way to grind strikes. 

I agree. Crucible has been the most fun it's been since the initial launch period. Most weapons are nicely balanced finally though that will change when they want to alter the weapon sets people use to create false longevity. The fact that this new DLC will be current gen only is also a massive statement on their part. Must have a fair abundance of content coming with it (hopefully).

I also agree with you completely on Destiny recently being more fun that zombies has throughout AW and now BO3. I have completely fallen out of love with Treyarch zombies now, what with them clearly developing their BO3 maps with Youtuber's and young children in mind. The EE's are all completely nonsense for the most part and completely unrewarding for the time required to complete them. The maps are also very uninspiring with DE being the only good map in my opinion so far ruined because it is ridiculously easy. I can't see the series redeeming itself either because Blundell doesn't know how to balance survival and side quests. He is too obsessed with keeping the hyperactive Youtuber's happy with side quest content which would be fine if the content was actually good but donut tripmines? Margwa masks? turning zombies into skeletons, watering plants etc are all really stupid mechanics that lower the tone of the game mode for me.

I am not even kidding here but I am looking forward to IW's take on zombies more than I am for anymore of the BO3 zombie maps. I love playing zombies still but just can't handle playing these kiddie friendly maps they are churning out right now.

I agree on Crucible being nicely balanced now, but unfortunately for me it has also been the lagiest it has ever been. There is still too strong SBMM. Being from Finland I see my self playing a lot with people from Qatar and Saudi Arabia. Trials fortunately has good connection for most of the time but still some games will be lost to immense lag.

I'm glad Bungie is already ditching the last gen consoles with the DLC! Will be interesting to see what they can squeeze in with no last gen limits to the raid for example. Fun fact yesterday Destiny and Rise of Iron were the most googled search terms for 24 hours :D The hunger for content is real!

For me zombies died with Black Ops II and I'm not looking back! https://www.wastedondestiny.com/playstation/matuzz93 Over 1000 hours Destiny played (doesn't count idle time in tower or orbit!). And from my group of players that is small amount. With others having 2000+ on and some closing in on 3000. :o

• 3 weeks later...

Need to say Destiny has been more fun than ever for me. 

Have been grinding Nightfall, Challenge of elders, quests for exotic swords, then iron banner. Took for ever to search the legendary stuff in spinmetal and relic iron. But I will have my arc and Void swords tomorrow. Already have Raze lighter. This week it is arc burn for nightfall and it is Valus t'arc. 

If someone from CoDz want to tag along, I am playing every night around 8 central. 

@Matuzz I see you are taking a break. I inspected your classes and looks like you are all set for Rise of Iron with all your characters levelled up. Cool shit. 

1 hour ago, way2g00d said:

Need to say Destiny has been more fun than ever for me. 

Have been grinding Nightfall, Challenge of elders, quests for exotic swords, then iron banner. Took for ever to search the legendary stuff in spinmetal and relic iron. But I will have my arc and Void swords tomorrow. Already have Raze lighter. This week it is arc burn for nightfall and it is Valus t'arc. 

If someone from CoDz want to tag along, I am playing every night around 8 central. 

@Matuzz I see you are taking a break. I inspected your classes and looks like you are all set for Rise of Iron with all your characters levelled up. Cool shit. 

Yeah I'm all set :D I pretty much only grab the free sterling pack every Tuesday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am 371 now! Grinding every day to get to higher light level and maybe beat the raid. I got to Aksis cp and was unable to beat it as most of my teammates were first timers like me. I am enjoying rise of Iron. If someone needs to team up I am game. I play pretty much every night around 8 central 

• 3 months later...

Right, I can say without a doubt that my earlier post in this thread was wrong.

Rise of Iron is like a firework... if the firework was a dud. I liked it at first, and was enthusiastic to see it burst into something that felt as new and creative as TTK was. But, the spark that lit the firework that was this DLC absolutely snuffed itself out.

If anything, the game tried to bag on the ineptitude and belief that we would willingly eat the nostalgia best induced from the previous years, by bringing back just about every strike (pretty much, as of The Dawning), and doing their best to tell us that the gameplay aspects between all of their modes is still fun and engaging. I, for one, disagree with all of it, though.

The Raid fails in almost every avenue, minus area design and "boss encounters"... but that's not even a good analogy when those usually are the high points of a Raid. King's Fall, for example, succeeded for me because the design of the raid was the most engaging I've had, and each boss reigned itself in difficulty and engaging gameplay avenues. I loved playing that raid each time, and I know I played it a lot. Sure, it got boring at times, but it, all and all, was a breath of life in a dying game. Wrath of the Machine is an example, however, of working yourself backwards, in my opinion. If I ever return to the raid, it will only be for Aksis Challenge... as, I have yet to attempt - or really care - to achieve it.

As per usual, PvP's not great. The PvP is a cesspool of that epitome of garbage that it was before, actually. It's like taking the bad things and expanding them further. I can't exactly judge Trials, when a decent amount of people help others achieve their flawless runs, but others are blatantly full of themselves and/or unfair. It's almost like the MP community for CoD, really. But, just the same, that's not even a good analogy. Because a lot of the CoD community, as I've seen, can be plenty more understanding of others, and much more fair. Sure, there's still plenty that don't, but they exist. Whereas, with Destiny, there's not a game I play where someone's doing some dance to spite a guy, or someone's t-bagging. Hell, I'm guilty of it, but I end up having to force myself to lie to the guys that have the gall to do it back, because I know that if I admit it, I'll only hear that I'm a horrid player and should sell my game, yadda yadda. Y'know, I haven't even really played much Iron Banners, whenever they come. I maybe played two, but I genuinely ignore it now... PvP's shit, okay?

Strikes and general PvE outside of the raids, I really can't complain too much about. The Rise of Iron missions were actually very engaging (I played plenty of the final mission, and favored that one all with its design and such), and I believe that Bungie did do a fantastic job getting us familiar with the Plaguelands, just as much as they had done so for the Dreadnaught. I can't say I was exactly in favor to the narrative it decided to ride upon, but it did help in showing off the great parts of the design team Bungie has. They do an amazing job in both their concept art and their translation of it to the game, and I'm actually glad to see it. In comparison to TTK, I adored the Dreadnaught to an almost creepy level. The design of its corridors and the placement of all its secrets bring forth a... "malevolent beauty". I feel the only reason I adore Oryx and his damn ship nowadays is because they did a fantastic job in its design and lore. With the Plaguelands, that lore aspect isn't exactly great anymore, but the design is still great. Kinda almost like they show off, y'know? xD

In the end, though, that single aspect doesn't save the game. It doesn't revive Destiny again, it doesn't do all the work that TTK did. They aim to make it look good, and expect that everyone will love it, but it almost feels like a bit of a drag. I'm faithful with Bungie, sure, but not for Destiny. If they're going to do themselves good, they need to bring forth Destiny 2. Then again, that might be just as bad, but I can't be so sure.

Am I going to completely abstain myself from Destiny? No. As I've said, TTK was the best thing that happened to Destiny. I'll probably play it for that, and I might only force myself to play WotM and Crucible only when I must.

Jeez, it's like I'm denouncing religion when I say that.

Anyways... to make an inane and long post shorter... RISE OF IRON'S NOT THAT GOOD...

• 1 month later...

Yeah there just isn't much content atm to keep people playing as Bungie has made the PvP worse and worse with each change. Well Destiny 2 should come out this Fall and rumors say there will be pretty big changes. Hopefully they make Crucible run on dedicated servers and fix their matchmaking algorithm. I think the problem with Rise of Iron (and to lesser extent with TTK) was that they kind of removed grind all together. There is nothing "rare" to play for or put effort into.

There will probably also be last big update on Destiny with this years Spring Update. Hopefully bringing all the old strikes and raids back with a twist. Give a small light increase and have a last round of Moments of Triumphs. :)

Archived