Finally got my 3rd Elder Cipher when that's complete I only need the new Hunter boots and The Ram plust 2500 sidearm kills to reach my goal of max Grimoire score and having all exotics currently in the game.

And sorry for 4 post streak.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter Dinklage will be replaced by Nolan North as Ghost. :o

You'd think that since they're going back and re-recording Ghost's lines with Nolan instead, that they'd add a lot of the jokes that were cut from the game. It's hard to feel any attachment to Ghost whatsoever, but since they have Nolan now who has a lot of experience voice acting, then that'll hopefully be less of an issue. Only thing that makes me worried though is that they're using the exact same script with no changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Hey, you crazy Destiny folks.

With Destiny going full circle and my friend wanting to buy this and me to buy this game I am here asking you: Is it worth it? I didn't like the beta at all, but couldn't quite put my finger on the reason for that. Probably because I had no one to play it with.

@GRILL @Matuzz @Naitrax @Tattoo247 @DeathBringerZen @Spiderx3000 @swappingspit @lead_psychopath

With Destiny going full circle and my friend wanting to buy this and me to buy this game I am here asking you: Is it worth it? I didn't like the beta at all, but couldn't quite put my finger on the reason for that. Probably because I had no one to play it with.

@GRILL @Matuzz @Naitrax @Tattoo247 @DeathBringerZen @Spiderx3000 @swappingspit @lead_psychopath

With hand on heart, Destiny is easily one of the best video games ever made. On solo it is very enjoyable but the co-op experience it offers is what makes it so immersive. The mechanics are the best on offer in a 1st person shooter on console and the longevity it offers cannot be matched, even by it's closest rival Borderlands.

The only thing I can say about Destiny to recommend it to someone is simply that if they enjoy playing in parties and partaking in cooperative gameplay then this is the game for them. It is vastly superior to anything else on console at the moment. There is a reason that 26 million people registered to play it so with numbers that high you have to at least try it.

Well, I'll start off by saying this. Year 2 players are getting much better value for the money you pay compared to Year 1 players. If you don't already know, there is a new edition of the game that includes all of the expansions, including the newest one "The Taken King." And the game has much more content now, than it did this time last year. However, I don't think the game is for everyone. Like DBZ said if you like Co-op games, then there is a good chance that you will enjoy it. Bottom line is, I think you should try it for yourself. Rent the game if you can, and see if it's for you.

@Lenne You'll definitely get a pretty good value by buying the game as it is now. The vanilla game was fun, with great shooting mechanics, and great art and design, but largely devoid of story or content. It's similar to Borderlands in a lot of ways but with a more serious tone and it's obvious that's what they were going for. Unfortunately it doesn't have any of the things that make Borderlands good.

The newest expansion is pretty impressive though, so as a new player you'll be getting more than double the content we had at launch. I think it would be an awesome time to start.

Something to keep in mind with Destiny as well, is they aren't marketing it the way they should be.

It appears to be running a modified MMO marketing scheme.

So unless you're willing to shell out up to 60-80 bucks each year for the game, it will slowly lock you out of high level content and then eventually cast you off in what would kind of be like the Free To Play land of most MMOs.

Year 1 players who don't have all the DLC (Taken King specifically really, but that requires the other DLC) are now sort of locked out of mosy of the endgame. 

I fully expect year 2 to be similar. So in 5 months or so a $20 DLC will drop, and if you don't partake, you'll miss out on some new gear and the next 2 levels of XP. Nothing super big but it might start to take away from what you can do.

Then another DLC a few months later will do the same. Then about a year from now they'll drop another big expansion which if you don't stay up to date with will cripple your endgame capabilities.

If you think of this in terms of a hidden subscription then, it's actually fairly cheap at 5 - 7 dollars a month.

As far as the actual gameplay goes, I had massive amounts of fun with the base game. I stepped out for a long while, and now I have the Taken King bundle deal on PS4 and I'm having fun again and I haven't even yet left the content I've played before on 360.

If you like shooters, and you like gear games, and you especially like co-op games, then you'll like Destiny.

Just be aware that if you aren't willing to keep up with expansions you will lose  playability in some aspects a year from now.

However before the first DLC even drops, if you like Destiny, I guarantee you'll sink more than 1 hour of enjoyment into the game per dollar you'd spend for it.

• Moderators

Read everything up until MAM post so I decided to buy it this week.

Can't make a first impressions post yet because of the updates, but I will let you know.

I especially liked Afro's explanation.

Thank you guys. Hopefully it'll be fun. :)

Only did this because I wanted @Tattoo247 to post something again. haha

Just kidding. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

The level cap really irks my bugs. I get that DLC peeps have the advantage, but when it comes down to Crucible? Damn near impossible when everyone has insane fully-automatic rifiles with no recoil and I get semis that have awkward scopes on them.

Not to mention the subclasses are downright insane.

3 hours ago, InfestLithium said:

The level cap really irks my bugs. I get that DLC peeps have the advantage, but when it comes down to Crucible? Damn near impossible when everyone has insane fully-automatic rifiles with no recoil and I get semis that have awkward scopes on them.

Not to mention the subclasses are downright insane.

Currently pulserifles are the best PvP weapon type. The new subclasses have pretty good supers for 6v6 matches but their other abilities aren't quite as good as the old subclasses.

On 9/28/2015, 5:25:37, Matuzz said:

I'm kinda late here to answer @Lenne but I have played 903 hours of Destiny. The Taken King made me not to get Black Ops III. That's my review.

I skipped this dlc .. Destiny was taking way too much of my time. And I got burnt out, when It took me ages to beat Skolas without any decent reward.  But I guess we are all ready for blops 3 now.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Matuzz said:

Currently pulserifles are the best PvP weapon type. The new subclasses have pretty good supers for 6v6 matches but their other abilities aren't quite as good as the old subclasses.

Really? Because I rarely see people playing with Pulse Rifles; it's mostly someone with an full-auto or a shotgun [I admit I'm guilty of this one]. Pulse rifles may execute dank damage but the time it takes to charge a single shot kills my vibe. It only takes like 2 full seconds to kill a player with a regular rifle, and even less if you land a couple of headshots. Too much bouncing around and supercharged moves make it near impossible to aim with a pulser.

I mean don't get me wrong; I LOVE pulse rifles, especially since they deliver so much damage when doing any kind of Strike mission and hold the largest amount of secondary ammo available. But in Crucible where everyone's top priority is "move quick but quietly", the pulsers just don't make the cut.

1 minute ago, InfestLithium said:

Really? Because I rarely see people playing with Pulse Rifles; it's mostly someone with an full-auto or a shotgun [I admit I'm guilty of this one]. Pulse rifles may execute dank damage but the time it takes to charge a single shot kills my vibe. It only takes like 2 full seconds to kill a player with a regular rifle, and even less if you land a couple of headshots. Too much bouncing around and supercharged moves make it near impossible to aim with a pulser.

I mean don't get me wrong; I LOVE pulse rifles, especially since they deliver so much damage when doing any kind of Strike mission and hold the largest amount of secondary ammo available. But in Crucible where everyone's top priority is "move quick but quietly", the pulsers just don't make the cut.

You are mixing pulse rifle with fusion rifle I think :D

Autorifles are bad in PvP. Pulse rifles are at the moment the most viable to competitive play. Scouts are also good and Hand Cannons if you are accurate.

43 minutes ago, way2g00d said:

I skipped this dlc .. Destiny was taking way too much of my time. And I got burnt out, when It took me ages to beat Skolas without any decent reward.  But I guess we are all ready for blops 3 now.

The Taken King for sure improved the game all around and would recommend picking it up sometime if you are planning to come back later. I was never fan of Prisons of Elders either :D

As far as Black Ops III is going I will skip it. I'm just done with Call of Duty, played it since the first one on PC for years and by Black Ops II I was bored with it and Black Ops II managed to extuingish my passion somewhat for zombies. I'm story guy mostly and I don't like the way the story is going anymore so there is no point for me to pay 60€ for the zombies story. I can read about it here.

1 hour ago, Matuzz said:

You are mixing pulse rifle with fusion rifle I think :D

Autorifles are bad in PvP. Pulse rifles are at the moment the most viable to competitive play. Scouts are also good and Hand Cannons if you are accurate.

The Taken King for sure improved the game all around and would recommend picking it up sometime if you are planning to come back later. I was never fan of Prisons of Elders either :D

As far as Black Ops III is going I will skip it. I'm just done with Call of Duty, played it since the first one on PC for years and by Black Ops II I was bored with it and Black Ops II managed to extuingish my passion somewhat for zombies. I'm story guy mostly and I don't like the way the story is going anymore so there is no point for me to pay 60€ for the zombies story. I can read about it here.

@MatuzzThanks for the tip. Will consider it once i get bored of zombies.

• 5 months later...
On 4/27/2016 at 4:29 PM, Matuzz said:

your PSN is just way2g00d?

It's way2g00 

I am currently 333 light. Loving the taken king. Still yet to try the raid. Going to try LFG and get my feet wet so I can join friends when I can for better raid gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived