You can add me but too bad Trials is closed for now. I have 91% win/loss ratio in Trials of Osiris so I guess I'm qualified to give some pointers. Team work is the key. individual players skill doesn't matter as much as in normal pub games. In the Mercury we usually on the outside had 2 push left and one stay on the right calling out if the enemy was flanking there. We used triple thorns and 2 with shotgun and 1 with sniper for long range cover. I was the one sniping and got few quick triple kills with it :D

On the insede again we split with 2 going to left and 1 staying on right. You need to stay close enough to your teammates that you can come and give support them fast but not clustered together so that 1 nade or super will wipe you out. Key is to wear the enemey out by causing casualities and then make QUICK flanking strikes when they are down 1 or dissorientated.

Got to the Lighthouse on the first try with all 3 of my characters and got some sweet gear.

For the traveller you muct be carrying the items that you would exchange in order for them to show in the Speaker inventory. Farming Keys is best done on Skywarch and the going back to the building you enter to Skywatch from. I was once 1 sec away from getting the same chest 5 times :) 

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn I'll try all that. Tomorrow is event time so I'll add you tonight if I can remember. My only thing is I work until 9pm CT so it's around 9:30 10 when I'm settled enough to play, hard to find late night players, well, hard to find good ones anyway.

Games been out almost a year and I still get thrown in with groups that quit too fast, ask me to help with what they need, then everyone is all of a sudden tired or needs a break (meaning they wont be back) when it's time to help poor old Tattoo. Example-I've played since day 1, helped hundreds of people do Atheon checkpoint, but cant get help with Templar, I'm probably the only day 1 Guardian that doesn't have the Fatebringer. cry cry whine whine I want my fatebringer lol

I almost solo'd the 32 PoE but couldn't get past round 3, I got sooooo close though. Over 20 heavy/special ammo packs later I gave up. I'm 33 and cant even do 32 mission >,<!

Anyone else find the 34 PoE this week to be ridiculously difficult? I already finished it twice on Tuesday but yesterday and today I tried it with my 3rd character and it seems like it is a LOT more difficult that it was just a few days back. Might just be me but it definitely feels like they have added even more Yellow bars in and also upped the splash damage effect.

Personally I just don't feel it is worth playing for hours in an event that is not even remotely fun and is pretty much just chaos and pandemonium (the final boss... Not the PoE as a whole) with the hope of getting lucky and making it through. I know this may not be a shared feeling, but I already have several people on my list who refuse to do it as they also don't think it is worth the time or effort just for 1 measly Etheric Light and I agree.

It's not that it's a bad event, but to get through 4 rounds only to go up against a boss that is brutal to go up against is not that much fun to be honest. The constant bombardment of shots and grenades getting fired at the players is ridiculous and definitely means that luck is a much greater factor than skill when it comes to it.

I definitely expect some kind of nerfing to be done in the future and might just hold off until that happens.

I'm sure they'll patch some stuff but I have to disagree. I find a good challenge well...a good thing. I can't even beat the 32 one but I am playing alone, I get stuck on round 3 wave 3 I just cant kill the target while defending myself from the constant barrage of rockets.

That is my one gripe with this mode, it's hard for me to see on my measly 36" TV, once the Cabal start firing at me I usually either have to jump, which exposes me to most of the maps enemies, or I have to use the mini map to run in a direction that doesn't have red, which can help or hurt depending on the area.

It is a lot of work for such a small reward but in all honesty, if it were any easier than you know most of us would be bitching about how we already have experienced everything and it's stale again. I took a long break from Destiny because the grind was finally getting to me, this is a breath of fresh air and I actually prefer the new mode to the raids as of now. It's less of a team effort in the 28-32 modes and for someone like me that can never seem to find help, it gives me a small chance at keeping up with everyone else.

Yeah, I suppose I would be complaining if it was too easy. I am really just blowing off steam after another few hours wasted chasing one sacred stone.

Still though, my point stands about it being pandemonium. It's just about finding the right combination of weapons, armour and perks I guess.

WIth my titan I use helm of saint 14, defender class, and use monte carlo. It basically gives you force barrier constantly and against the lower enemies they usually go down in 1 hit, 2 tops.

I'm sure that would work with a Warlock too though, they have a similar melee skill on the sunsinger.

Other than that, I just try to hold two spots on every level and bounce back and forth between the two....I just HATE the cabal, they own me everytime.

WIth my titan I use helm of saint 14, defender class, and use monte carlo. It basically gives you force barrier constantly and against the lower enemies they usually go down in 1 hit, 2 tops.

I'm sure that would work with a Warlock too though, they have a similar melee skill on the sunsinger.

Other than that, I just try to hold two spots on every level and bounce back and forth between the two....I just HATE the cabal, they own me everytime.

I finally got it done tonight and managed to find a perfect combination of weapons and perks to pull it off. Had 2 Titans in the match with one dropping weapons of light and the other using blessings of light with a warlock as the other player. We would just ice breaker the boss using weapons of light and the blessings to chase down the eye.

We basically dropped continuous orbs for one and other using the appropriate perks so we constantly had new bubbles ready and we absolutely cruised it. Guess I had to just adapt my Titan to fit in. Not been using my Titan often so still very unfamiliar with the perks and abilities. Get the general gist, but still need to work them with the appropriate armours.

Still though, job done so my rant was unjust. lol

New Titan build I made:

ACD/0 FEEDBACK FENCE
It has perk called "Brawler's Charge" - Replenish Super energy when you kill an enemy with a melee.

Helmet with "Inverse Shadow"
Increased Super energy gained from killing minions of the Darkness

High Intellect and Strenght

Monte Carlo
It has perk "Monte Carlo Method" - Dealing damage with this weapon reduces your melee cooldown and grants chance to fully charge your melee ability with each kill.

STRIKER class perk "Amplify"
Kills with Storm Fist significantly reduce the cooldown of Fist of Havoc

NOTE: Xbox users and those who have no Monte Carlo can replace it with Bad JuJu for generally higher super charge rate.

I got my 32 done....got the the boss on 34 and wow, it was almost 4am and just couldn't take the punishment anymore. I ended up stopping, and falling asleep watching videos on how to beat him. Seems the right side of the map is the best choice, as the eye spawns there and there are two bits of cover that stops the bosses splash damage.

I'm giving it another go tonight, I feel like if I go in on a fresh start I'll do better.

The stratege we did was, my titan drops weapons on light as soon as the cutscene ends and me and another guy used 12 Gallahorn shots a piece (using telemetries) and we ran to the right as the 3rd teammate killed the eye. Right off the bat he was over half dead so with that, and the videos I saw I think he'll be easy enough.

Also @DeathBringerZen yesterday was Iron Maiden's Brave New World albums 15th anniversary, thought you might appreciate it if you didn't already know ;)

I found the 34 to be no problem at all. I've done it around 8 times this week, and not once have I had a real problem with it. DBZ and I managed to two-man it at one point. 

Tomorrow I have one more PoE 35 to do, then I'm done for the week. I managed to pick up the Elder Cipher from my first 35 Skolas kill this week, and ran this week's 34 twice to get the Kill Bosses objective done. I picked the Queenbreaker's Bow, and do not regret it. 

I've done my three Trials flawless runs this week. Met some random in a Rumble match who invited my friend and I and we absolutely destroyed the Trials. I finished 2 with my Mercy still intact, and we only lost one match. Went great, and I got myself a Void and a Solar Jewel of Osiris (Hand Cannon) and a Void Messenger (Pulse Rifle). I'm really enjoying this sweet PvP mode.

Sorry to all my PS4 friends - I won't really be playing on PS4 for a little bit. I want to save it until I become bored of the game on Xbox again, just to get the most distance out of Destiny.

I'm now missing only Trials Hand Cannon and Machine Gun I also got the shader and ship as random drops after game.

PoE is already getting slightly boring. I think there really is only the elemental primaries and exotic bounties to look for. I already found one exotic bounty I'm going to cash it in for the new side arm. Right now it's at the waiting part where you need to just wait. Wtf is with that step...

That shotgun is RIDICULOUS, I'm pretty sure it's range is the best other than universal remote.

I did my 34 last night with a random dude, he was so pro that I didn't even know the servitor could heal itself until my friends were trying it and complaining about the heals. I got lucky with that guy so I added him, found him in the streaming app on ps4, he was soloing the 34 so I mooched lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Tech Admin

Got to be said, I've started playing it recently and enjoying it more than what I thought I would (yes I played the beta) - I have kinda got into the swing of playing if for an hour or so at night and now I'm a Titan level 23.

£54.99 I paid for the download from live (not realising, or forgetting should I say that I had bought the download for the boy previously) - and then bought the DLC the dark below. £20 are you having a laugh, for what exactly? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't another developer some years ago get into serious trouble for charging for DLC that was already included within the game?

I went to download both The Dark Below and The House of Wolves and the downloads were under 10MB for the DLC - so that basically means it's an unlock for content that has already been bought and included with the main game. Not impressed with that tbc and I reckon I'm going to investigate further (just in case I'm wrong).

Otherwise great game, just overly priced for DLC content, taken things a bit too far.

The DLC is in the base game because it was added there in major updates. All the weapons and the armor (except end game gear) each DLC brings are free for everyone. Recently also Dark Below Crucible maps were given for free to all players. The content was not there at the launch but they have been simply patched to the main game. When you then buy the DLC you get straight access to the story and end game content and get to purchase the new DLC exotics from Xur. Non DLC players can still earn them trough RNG drops.

The philosophy of Destiny is that players are not dropped behind because they don't buy the new content. All players have chance to keep leveling up and can then purchase the DLC if/when they want. I admit Dark Below is maybe a  bit pricey for the content added but House of Wolves is definetly worth every penny.

Nope burning him doesn't work at all. You had to take down the servitor, do as much dps as you could for 20s, then take down ads while running in a circle. After the enemies are dead, kill another servitor and do as much dps as you can again. Run in a circle while fighting more ads. Rinse and repeat till you break the servitor bonds. Then it gets fun. You basically keep running in circles shooting skolas when you can, while juggling the acid thing that kills you after 30s. Then at the last quarter of his health there's a few rounds of mines thrown in for good measure.

Add some sugar and spice, a few things that aren't nice and you have the recipe that is the nightmare of skolas.

Edit: that was actually another massive issue last night, ammo. For some reason enemies just weren't dropping primary ammo for any of us.

New skills look cool, probably the least impressed with the titan though, just seems like an alternate striker class. I was hoping for more of a support class, something a long the lines of boosting other characters recharge rates, or increase reload/weapon speed.

I was also hoping these new skills would release WITH the news of a new character class.

So far the hunter is looking the best, and they needed that in my opinion, they've been given the short straw pretty much this whole time.

And I'd be willing to bet not a single Warlock is going to give up their radiance after a good week of the new skills coming out.

I'm basically reduced to weekly missions again since Elder Scrolls Online hit ps4, I cant put it down!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I pre-ordered The Taken King. I must say though I was impressed with the zombie reveal but I'm still not sure if I will get it on realease. 100€ just for the zombies is pretty steep (if I would get the deluxe edition to get both maps and be covered trough the DLC season). Then there is also the Fallout 4 which is amazing game also releasing. :/ 

Archived