• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I have all exotics, and only missing the Black Hammer to have all raid items I still can't find the enthusiasm to return to Destiny. After hearing the Trials of Osiris is going to be a PvP event, and not the PvE Queen's Wrath replacement I am even more deflated.

This next DLC is definitely the make or break for me with Destiny. The content is so linear and it is now 7 month since Queen's Wrath. Why no new PvE events? Even more off putting is the fact that they will just be adding a new level 28 strike playlist rather than any new game modes with House of Wolves, so aside from the raid, it might be the same monotinous grind with the exception of 1 new strike and possilby a new vendors bounties.

This game really needs something special to happen sometime soon otherwise it is going to crash and burn.

Yeah the Raid has to be VoG quality in the HoW. Queen's warth should return with the DLC and I think it should be much much more improved. After all they pulled it away after the first time to improve it and they have definitely had time to improve. I'm taking break and only doing the weekly stuff till the DLC drops also the Comet dlc in fall is said to have as much content as the launch game.

Try not to get burned this dry season :D

So it has been confirmed there will be no raid in House of Wolves, only a 3 players competitive horde mode. That is highly disappointing considering a horde mode or any additional PvE modes really should have been given outwith DLC. I can't say for sure until I try it, but I can't see a 3 player horde mode lasting another 5+ months until a DLC drops but again best to wait till it's out before I judge it.

Pretty cool that we can upgrade any legendary or exotic in the game to the new 365 level as this opens up a whole new variety of looks and loadouts for characters. Being able to use Dead Orbit, War Cult, New Monarchy or Vendor gear in any combination can make people really stand out now instead of everyone just sporting raid gear. Also means more reason to play both raids if missing any weapons as we can now bring them up to scratch.

The new vendor gear will most likely be lvl 32 so our current Raid gear is not useless right away. Also check the new Trials of Osiris gear it looks epic:

Trials of Osiris (House of Wolves)

So what events we will have are:

• Iron Banner
  • Trials of Osiris
  • Queen's Wrath

Then there is the 3 player Prisons of Elders arena mode that has new end game gear. And possibly we will get now the new difficulty levels for Vault of Glass and maybe even Crota's End. Plus all the new story missions, strikes and gear and crucible maps.

The new patch bumped my Grimoire score upto 2895. From PvE I only need Mercury card (glitched), Titan and Hunter kills rank 3, 16 raids and 48 public events. From PvP I need 20 Skirmish wins, 49 Salvage wins and 75 Rumble wins and Titan and Hunter crucible kills rank 3.

Gear is never useless :D I keep the cool looking ones and equip them as long as my level doesn't go below the enemies I'm fighting. Last time I did VoG, people thought I was crazy for wearing my Kabr set, the difference in defence is pretty small, and my attack is the same regardless. I didn't know this for awhile, and it seems even seasoned players aren't aware so I wanted to throw that out there.

I hope we get the rest of the Queen's gear now, it's been collecting dust in my warehouse for awhile now.

Reef reveal teaser:

Looks like the upgrade path for old stuff is only one node. They blocked out the tooltip in the video, but I really hope the yellow means it's an exotic shard. I've got 70 of 'em, and nothing to do with them. The way things have gone though, it will probably be a new currency.

I wish the vault space was increased awhile ago so I could have held on to my Queen's armor. I've been rocking the shader and emblem lately though. Got rid of about half of my VoG gear too.

Really excited for this DLC. I am very glad that all our old currencies are going to become more useful, and really happy about the Ascend feature.

I also found this on the Destiny website's coding, what looks to be one of the new Hand Cannons (possibly the Prison of Elders hand cannon, or Trials of Osiris)

story_TheRulingHouse_3rdP_02.jpg

Also, here is the video for anyone who missed the stream - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puv0KeLo3ks

Courtesy of reddit user J2R7L2, here is a general synopsis of the 53 minute ViDoc.

• General Stuff
    • Everyone can come to The Reef (You don't need the DLC)
    • Xur will come to The Reef (making him even more of a pain in the ass to find late at night on Xursday)
    • Apparently there will be more story
    • There may be in-game Grimore integration (They won’t tell us right now)
    • There are new ships
    • There will be weekly lockouts with the PoE (not entirely sure what that means)
    • High impact ARs will be returning
    • The Queens Guard stands at attention when you stop by
    • Candles won’t hurt you (lol)
    • The Reef is more utilitarian (It looks more grim than The Tower)
    • The bounty tracker will be in The Reef as well as The Tower
    • The Vault will be available in both The Tower and The Reef (They are the same Vault, kind of like how Ender Chests work in Minecraft)
    • The Postmaster will be in both The Reef and The Tower
    • Upon visiting The Reef, you should receive a bounty
    • The Black Hammer’s “Hive Disruptor” perk and upgrade tree should be fixed 
    • Pick a faction – Don’t be that guy
    • You can upgrade ANY legendary or exotic to the new damage cap of 365 (Shadow Price Woot Woot!)
    • To upgrade weapons you need “Etheric Light” which can be found in PoE, ToO, Nightfall and Iron Banner
    • You do not need the DLC to upgrade weapons or armor
    • You can get to light level 34 without the DLC
    • Upgrading weapons and armor will not reset their progression
    • You must complete the story and quest line prior to accessing The Prison of Elders
    • You no longer need Xur to upgrade weapons and armor
    • There is no cap on Etheric Light

• Petra: The girl from the Queens Wrath days
    • She got even hotter
    • She’s kind of like the Eris of HoW
    • She will sell Queens Wrath gear

• The Warden: He comes from the House of Judgment
    • Armor Cores & Weapon Cores will drop in the PoE and will be used to buy stuff from The Warden
    • His inventory will rotate weekly
    • You need to level him up to buy ships, ammo synths, etc. (Just like Eris)

• Brother Vance: Emissary of Trials of Osiris
    • Sells consumables for ToO (could be interesting)
    • ToO, when active will start on a Friday and end on Tuesday (Weekly reset)

• The Prison of Elders
    • There will be weekly changes to the PoE

• The Tower

• Faction Vendors:
      • All new sets of both armor and weapons
    • Shaxx
      • All new armor sets
    • Ikora
      • New Stuff
    • Crucible Quartermaster
      • Cool new weapons
    • The Gunsmith
      • Any new weapons bought from vendors can be re-forged
      • He will now sell telemetries
    • The Speaker
      • Material Exchange
        • Ascendant Energies -> Ascendant Shards
          • Cost: 1 Ascendant Energy and 50 Glimmer
        • Ascendant Shards -> Ascendant Energies 
          • Cost: 1 Ascendant Shard and 50 Glimmer
        • Ascendant Shards -> Motes of Light
          • Cost: 2 : 1 basis
        • Ascendant Shards -> 250 Glimmer
          • Cost: 1 : 1 Basis
        • Radiant Energies -> Radiant Shards
          • Cost: 1 Radiant Energy and 50 Glimmer
        • Radiant Shards -> Radiant Energies
          • Cost: 1 Radiant Shard and 50 Glimmer
        • Radiant Shards -> Motes of Light
          • Cost: 2 : 1 basis
        • Radiant Shards -> 250 Glimmer
          • Cost: 1 : 1 basis

A couple of images have been found in the coding of DestinyTheGame.com (along with some being available on the page), similar to the hand cannon I found earlier. http://www.destinythegame.com/expansions/expansion-two

I can't link the pictures, but there is one of the Kings Watch on Earth with some interesting looking mechanics, a picture of the Warlock Exotic the Purifier Robes and a pic of the Citadel interior. 

Finally, an imgur album with 127 pictures from the stream.

http://imgur.com/a/sAKWd

I've definitely reached a point where the day(s) I look forward to most is Wednesday for the reveal and Thursday for the weekly update. I'm looking forward to Iron Banner this week too. I'll get the helmet because why not, and I'm really hoping Efrideet's Spear is for sale again. I'd love to get an arc damage version.

Hey guys, so I'm pretty new to Destiny (level 25), and I was wondering if there's anyone here at CODZ who would like to play with me. I haven't done the VoG Raid, so I'm looking to do that, and I'm considering buying the dlc. So if anyone wants to play and just have have a good time, you can add me on Xbox One at Emory11112222. I know a few of you are on my friends list and play Destiny, and it would be cool if you could help out a noob like me.

Matuzz you think I could add you so I can have a chance at visiting that secret area? I've yet to even do the trials but perhaps after you dominate it with your normal team you guys could help a brother out?

And any tips on key runs? I usually do the moon areas, and do the exit area glitch but I still have only found 1 key in about 3 hours of total farm time.

On the plus side I finally got my fourth horseman, now I just have to get a crux of crota and I'll have every pre HoW exotic evar.

ALSO...why doesn't the speaker have all the interchangeable items? When I go see him it's the same crap he's sold since day 1.

Archived